Toddler Dies After Being Left In Thai School Bus

webfact

saline solution would have helped better than the CPR...

No No No.

Saline solution is for someone that has heart beat. CPR is to restart the heart and you never give CPR to someone that has a heart beat. That's basic first aid training man.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fills me with both rage and despair, it is outrageous and unforgivable and indicates a callous indifference toward life.

If these are the people responsible for thailand's future, there is little hope.

Yep, me too - and I get sick of hearing "oh how the Thais love children so much", then reading this (again) and every day seeing kids on motorcycles with zero protection...pure hypocrisy, like so many things in this place

"oh how the Thais love children so much",

Presumably you are being facetious....

High % of fathers never see their child.

Many mothers leave their child to the grandma.

Another sadly preventable loss of a child, I don't know whether it could be a complete lack of accountability on the part of the driver and school owner, or simple absentmindedness, no matter what it is, it is totally unacceptable for this to happen again. R I P little fella.

This fills me with both rage and despair, it is outrageous and unforgivable and indicates a callous indifference toward life.

If these are the people responsible for thailand's future, there is little hope.

Yep, me too - and I get sick of hearing "oh how the Thais love children so much", then reading this (again) and every day seeing kids on motorcycles with zero protection...pure hypocrisy, like so many things in this place

Huh? We are regaled regularly about how the Thai family structure is superior. Apparently absent, or utterly responsible dad's, with literally 10s of thousands of mums swinging round poles, and grandma's furiously turning the crib 500 km away is the way forward.

• Like 2

Terrible.

Were these people not aware of what happened to the little girl a month ago.

RIP little man.

Sadly enough, your answer shows how much you know about Thai people and their way of life.

Thai people don't like to be bothered with what happened yesterday.

Yesterday is the past.

You can not change it anymore.

Looking backwards will hinder you in progressing forward.

Thai people are not concerned about what happen to anybody.

If anybody get sick or die, it is only because carry have a bad Karma from their present or their previous life.

Sharing your feelings with the sick or the dead will bring bad Karma over you as well.

It is not your fault.

So stay away from it

Not the Thai people I know. They tell me your statement is pure BS.

• Like 1

No!, I don't think he was being facetious or even trying to be.

What he was doing is reporting the fact that: "He is tired of hearing "How the Thais love children so much" and then seeing how they are put at risk on a daily basis.

In this case I totally agree with him.

Head protection for small children on motorbikes is almost non-existent.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

This feels bad. Who knows if that little toddler was banging the doors of the car and tried to get out from the agony but did not know how to open the doors. Very sad way to die and because of someone who did not care.

It just beggars believe how irresponsible some people are is it ignorance or just stupidity to do this to a child someone so young who depends totally on an adults good judgement, a truly appalling outcome.

This sad matter is not only related to Thailand - not to long ago this happened in Oman, where I work. It is times like this, that the question of trusting somebody else with your child, such as school buses or vans. No-wonder a lot of parents want to buy their own car, as they don't trust the low educated drivers.

Edited by britinthai

Without speculating how many Thais live their entire lives asleep at the wheel, so to speak, surely it isn't too hard for any school driver to check a pick-up or van to make sure there are no children inside the vehicle before they leave it unattended.

But until accountability (and hence personal responsibility) becomes more important than preventing loss of face, these sorts of incidents will recur.

I taught in Thailand a few years and I'm not surprised at all. A quick look at some of the guys they hire to drive these "buses" and there will be no more bewilderment. Personally some of these guys shouldn't be around kids period. The smell of whiskey on their breath might be the first indication. Unfortunately, you can only get a certain class of employee when you only offer peanuts to your worker. This is Thailand.

• Like 1

So again a tragedy is used as a stick for ignorant people to generalise a race of people. This happens all over the world, and often whilst the child is under the care of it's parent/s. So I guess somehwere like the states or the U.k is really full of hypocrites as we assume that "parents really love their kids"

Spring/summer period in the States this happens roughly once a week. In Europe during Winter you can add hypothermia deaths to the Summer Hyperthermia deaths.

As for "This little boy wasn't left in a car though. He was in a bus under the supervision of 'professionals'."

Yes as were 52% of the children in the U.s stastics.

Australia, France, Britain all report these deaths.

But hey don't worry about it just keep ranting and posting your ill informed tripe as long as it makes you feel racially superior.

• Like 2

I taught in Thailand a few years and I'm not surprised at all. A quick look at some of the guys they hire to drive these "buses" and there will be no more bewilderment. Personally some of these guys shouldn't be around kids period. The smell of whiskey on their breath might be the first indication. Unfortunately, you can only get a certain class of employee when you only offer peanuts to your worker. This is Thailand.

Only as a point of order - Ariel Castro - bus driver for the Cleveland Metropolitan School District for 22 years

So again a tragedy is used as a stick for ignorant people to generalise a race of people. This happens all over the world, and often whilst the child is under the care of it's parent/s. So I guess somehwere like the states or the U.k is really full of hypocrites as we assume that "parents really love their kids"

Spring/summer period in the States this happens roughly once a week. In Europe during Winter you can add hypothermia deaths to the Summer Hyperthermia deaths.

As for "This little boy wasn't left in a car though. He was in a bus under the supervision of 'professionals'."

Yes as were 52% of the children in the U.s stastics.

Australia, France, Britain all report these deaths.

But hey don't worry about it just keep ranting and posting your ill informed tripe as long as it makes you feel racially superior.

You make it sound as if this is normal. I don't remember hearing of any cases of this happening outside of Thailand. I'm sure it has, but the guilty party would have been charged with neglect, and you probably wouldn't have had foreigners posting about how it's just fine either. Taking care of children is not like looking after a pet. You don't just leave the window rolled down a crack.

Edited by Thaifever

Terrible.

RIP little man.

Sadly enough, your answer shows how much you know about Thai people and their way of life.

Thai people don't like to be bothered with what happened yesterday.

Yesterday is the past.

You can not change it anymore.

Looking backwards will hinder you in progressing forward.

Thai people are not concerned about what happen to anybody.

If anybody get sick or die, it is only because carry have a bad Karma from their present or their previous life.

Sharing your feelings with the sick or the dead will bring bad Karma over you as well.

It is not your fault.

So stay away from it

you got it right.

seriously... how people think that they are poor because of Karma?

they are poor because they want to stay poor, that's all.

this Karma thing is worse than religion

• Like 2

Terrible.

RIP little man.

"Awareness" is an abstract if not ALIEN concept in Thailand. Common sense is not too abundant either. You would think the death of little girl a few weeks ago would have raised "awareness" of school van drivers. A totally unnecessary and easily avoidable death for a child. The education system combined with society just does not produce many that have reasonable cognitive function/awareness.

Like the middle class lady that pushed her supermarket shopping cart into me today. She was not aware of people that were in her path.

Nothing will change even if 10 toddlers die each week in vans. Swapping the moribund education system for one that teaches critical thinking is the only hope.

• Like 2

And when you bring this up to the Thai's about how irresponsible this is, what you get is the - Mai Bhen Rai crap.

Dealing with Thai people is sometimes like dealing with kindergartners.

• Like 2

Another wasted life.

But it is important to remember that this incident can't be used to paint all thais with the same brush; it's articles like this that highlight the utter stupidity of a few - but it's just those few and not the whole.

• Like 1