Websites For Cheap Flights Bkk-Europe?

skyscanner and Kayak and there are many more but the problem is actually getting one, they all promote this and that until you actually go to book it, then it mysteriously is no longer available in most cases.

Cheap as dirt at the moment if you dont mind stop over is Sri Lankan

I just got flights to Prague in September for $950 or so. That price showed up on Kayak, but I didn't pursue it from there. I went to Czech Air's website and booked direct for the same money...after clearing my cache!

I used a bunch of search engines and many didn't even show this fare as available.

I just got flights to Prague in September for $950 or so. That price showed up on Kayak, but I didn't pursue it from there. I went to Czech Air's website and booked direct for the same money...after clearing my cache!

I used a bunch of search engines and many didn't even show this fare as available.

after clearing my cache!

Why????

after clearing my cache!

Why????

These booking websites keeps data that tells them you've been looking at this fare before. If they see this, they sometimes jack up the prices...or will display old prices. When you book, the fares can be different:

http://www.gadling.com/2010/02/15/airline-tip-clear-your-browsers-cookies-before-booking-flights/

Best deals seem to me to be on the carriers own websites these days. I like buying direct as any problems I get to deal direct with carrier, no excuses.

You never know who you are desling with on even a large website.

When you get a ticket, call the sirline and ask if the tickets were paid in full and state that the company is not authorized by you request a refund.

Scam agencies often will tell you booked and paid. Send you itinersry confirmed, but they never paid the tickets. You must call. Its a big scam now. Local agents do this more often, but sites as well.

Im seeing good usa domestic fares on kayak, but its just an aggragator.

For the past few years, I've been using sites like Kayak to find the good deals, but then go with the airlines website for the purchase. I've always been able to get the same price. And sometimes find better prices on the airlines site...or at least better times/connection times.

skyscanner hands down, kayak isnt good

Depends on where you are going and what airlines you are researching. There isn't ONE particular search engine that is best overall. The best strategy is to search multiple sites and go from there...including searching the airlines websites.

• Like 1

Craigt3365 said=

These booking websites keeps data that tells them you've been looking
at this fare before. If they see this, they sometimes jack up the
prices...or will display old prices. When you book, the fares can be
different:

http://www.gadling.c...ooking-flights/

=====================================================

I thought as long as you are using the same computer, the other web site will always recognize your visit through the PC ID number, regardless of empty cache or not. Did I get this wrong??

Craigt3365 said=

These booking websites keeps data that tells them you've been looking

at this fare before. If they see this, they sometimes jack up the

prices...or will display old prices. When you book, the fares can be

different:

http://www.gadling.c...ooking-flights/

=====================================================

I thought as long as you are using the same computer, the other web site will always recognize your visit through the PC ID number, regardless of empty cache or not. Did I get this wrong??

I did some research on this and there are different points of view. Some say you should clear your cache and cookies, others say it doesn't matter.

From my personal experience, in the US, I was searching for fares and notice they kept getting higher and higher. I was bouncing around different sites checking out different days and different times. I cleared my cache and the prices actually went down!

Now we all know airlines change prices faster then Imelda Marcos changed shoes! So that could have been a factor. But just to be safe, I clear the cache and cookies quite often now. I'm not a techie, but hear you can also use the incognito or private browser approach with your browser.

China Southern seems to always come top of those search sites. Is that a death trap airline?

I flew them 2 times. They seem to be OK. Good equipment. Not first class stuff, but OK. My friends got great deals with them last year. They don't always show up on the search engines, so this is one site worth checking with directly. Same with a few other Chinese airlines.