I Will Table Amnesty Bill Next Week, Says Chalerm

webfact

Good to see that theNation is not alone in making funny mistakes sometimes, the UPI link shows

"Indonesia's Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung will propose a bill"

Might have confused him with Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. That's a bit of a stretch I admit.huh.png

According to the Bangkok Post, Chalerm's bill will need review and acceptance by Yingluck, since it is "finance-related". It is "finance-related", apparently, because it involves "financial compensation for people affected by actions of the state".

That would lead to a potential (likely actually) conflict of interest, since the bill would allow Thaksin to get "his" money back then:

• Like 1

Ok Table the bill next week, vote on it the next day make it law by the week afterwards. Thaksin can fire up his plane within the fortnight.

Edited by waza

According to the Bangkok Post, Chalerm's bill will need review and acceptance by Yingluck, since it is "finance-related". It is "finance-related", apparently, because it involves "financial compensation for people affected by actions of the state".

That would lead to a potential (likely actually) conflict of interest, since the bill would allow Thaksin to get "his" money back then:

post-46292-0-97560800-1368919108_thumb.j I am waiting to help

I remember at the time of the election he stated 'this isn't about bringing him back to Thailand nor whitewashing anything.' Hope this man gets what he deserves one day. (Though he does do a good job of making himself lose a lot of face).

If your face looked like his, you would take every opportunity to lose it.

I thought parliament was in recession?

Like why someone got went back to the can, then unfortunately released on bail..

The House is recessed. Until August. Evidentally, Chalerm is drunk again and thinks August is next week.

Published: April 19, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Yubamrung plans to present his bill during the next parliamentary session, which begins in August

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Special/2013/04/19/Thailand-considers-amnesty-bill/UPI-37301366344660/#ixzz2TcYeASbr

Aren't they having a special session next week?

Well chalerm is known for going "on the session" quite regularly.

According to the other paper the red shirts are against this bill as it gives amnesty to ALL involved in political offences but they want to punish those responsible for the death of red shirts. What happened to reconciliation?

Seems it may be difficult to get this bill through.

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

According to the other paper the red shirts are against this bill as it gives amnesty to ALL involved in political offences but they want to punish those responsible for the death of red shirts. What happened to reconciliation?

Seems it may be difficult to get this bill through.

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Reconciliation for the red shirts means amnesty for them and no one else.

Well chalerm is known for going "on the session" quite regularly.

Is that why Yingluck needs a new cabinet every 6 months - Chalerm uses it for his booze ear medicine?

Yup, someone keeps rearranging the cabinet. One month the scotch is here, next month it's there. All adds to keeping Chalerm on his toes.

However, this merry go round of ministers is a peculiarity of Thai politics. All governments do it, and I for the life of me, really can't stand it. It's very odd.

How do you 'push' for national reconciliation? Seems very odd.

Push infers force and people can't be reconciled by force. Can they?

Reconciliation stems from mutual agreement and respect and until that happens then very, very sadly reconciliation will remain a pipe dream for Thailand.

You've found the flaw.

You will be reconciled, or else

TIT