Acting Irs Chief Ousted Over Tax Scandal As Obama Vows Change

News_Editor

Anyway, there are two parties to every e-mail. Just recover from the other parties computer or am I missing something?unsure.png

I am sure that Barack Obama is going to hand that incriminating evidence against the White House right over. tongue.png

And yet there are still so many who still think he is like the Messiah? What is wrong with people?

• Like 2

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wait for it………………… we lost the computer.rolleyes.gif

Darrell Issa just asked the IRS to hand over a hard drive

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/why-darrell-issa-just-asked-the-irs-to-hand-over-a-hard-drive/article/2549858

I lost my homework too.

but i was only joking..........................i am speechlessblink.png

Someone has already said all those that these e-mails have been backed up somewhere on a server and surely you can't recycle a server?

One congressman being interviewed said this is the same pattern of behaviour regarding the fast and furious scandal and the Benghazi scandal , but he also said Darrell Issa is going to be very tenacious to get to the truth.

The IRS threw Lois Lerner’s hard drive away

http://americaswatchtower.com/2014/06/19/the-irs-threw-lois-lerners-hard-drive-away/

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

“I think it’s fair that we recognize that software moves on and that archiving in a digital age is not as easy as it might seem to the public" - Issa in 2007 when the Bush/Cheney WH 'lost' 22 MILLION emails.

Ho ho.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Chicog

Rep. Trey Gowdy and IRS Commissioner Koskinen in Monday's Oversight Committee hearings about the lost e-mails.

I hope Americans remember some of these lines when they are next being audited by this shameful organisation.giggle.gif

“ If there is no evidence of wrongdoing then it's pretty hard to argue you had some criminal violation ” YES , great defence thanks !!

This becomes more and more incredible when a person who has studied law and becomes IRS Commissioner doesn't even understand what exfoliation of evidence means? Can anyone honestly believe the IRS wouldn't have used the principle of exfoliation of evidence against some taxpayers sometime in the past?bah.gif

Edited by Scott
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As cases work their way through the Federal court system, things get a lot more interesting.

The IRS will find it much harder to ignore a Federal court than it is to ignore Congress.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Federal judge orders IRS to explain lost emails
By Associated Press July 11, 2014 6:55 am
WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge on Thursday ordered the IRS to explain under oath how it lost a trove of emails to and from a central figure in the agency's tea party controversy.
U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan gave the tax agency a month to submit the explanation in writing. Sullivan said he is also appointing a federal magistrate to see whether the lost emails can be obtained from other sources.
Sullivan issued the order as part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group. He said the IRS declaration must be signed, under oath, by the appropriate IRS official.
"I'm going to hold tight to that Aug. 10 declaration," Sullivan said.
  • Like 1

That will shake the investigation up as will some of the emails that have come to light recently from Lois Learner making it obvious that she was trying to cover up her communications.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

That will shake the investigation up as will some of the emails that have come to light recently from Lois Learner making it obvious that she was trying to cover up her communications.

You refer, of course, to this little "oopsie" by our intrepid IRS,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
By Stephen Dinan-The Washington Times Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Just as the IRS tea party targeting scandal was erupting, Lois G. Lerner warned colleagues to “be cautious” about what information they put in emails because it could end up being turned over to Congress, according to an email message released Wednesday.
The 2013 email exchange between Ms. Lerner and fellow employees at the Internal Revenue Service also says that instant message conversations were probably never stored and weren’t checked during open-records requests — even though they also fell under the law requiring electronic records to be stored.
“I was cautioning folks about email and how we have had several occasions where Congress has asked for emails and there has been an electronic search for responsive emails — so we need to be cautious about what we say in emails,” Ms. Lerner wrote in an April 9, 2013, message.
She went on to ask whether the instant message communications were stored automatically. When a tech staffer said no but the records could be stored if employees copied them, she replied, “Perfect.”
  • Like 1

Gee, didn't these right wingers bleat on about paying took much taxes already???? Any sampling for audit should consider them as higher risk of under declaring taxable income, shouldn't it?

I guess it is not so nice when authorities profile a particular group and you happen to be in that group.

You should go and read what the IRS scandal is really about - and it is not about paying taxes...

Edited by JDGRUEN
  • Like 2

Gee, didn't these right wingers bleat on about paying took much taxes already???? Any sampling for audit should consider them as higher risk of under declaring taxable income, shouldn't it?

I guess it is not so nice when authorities profile a particular group and you happen to be in that group.

You should go and read what the IRS scandal is really about - and it is not about paying taxes...

It's about nothing is what it's about.

It's only a scandal in the eyes of the teabaggers and Fox News.

It seems Fox News, Judge Sullivan, Congress and Teabaggers (not my words), have been joined by US District Judge Reggie Walton in a search for just a smidgen of truth.

Second federal judge demands info on lost IRS emails
By Associated Press July 12, 2014 6:45 am
WASHINGTON (AP) — A second federal judge has ordered the IRS to provide information about lost emails from a central figure in the agency's tea party controversy.
U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton said Friday he wants to know whatever became of Lois Lerner's computer hard drive. IRS officials say Lerner's computer crashed in 2011, destroying an untold number of emails.
At the time, Lerner headed the IRS division that processes applications for tax-exempt status. She has since retired.
IRS Commissioner John Koskinen has told Congress that Lerner's hard drive was recycled and presumably destroyed. If that's the case, Walton said he wants a sworn affidavit saying so by the end of next week.
  • Like 1

Not really surprising though, is it, they're both Bush appointees, no guesses as to whose side they're on.

Mind you, even I have to say the "hard disk crash took my emails" story is a bit rich.

If I was in their IT department I would either be mortally embarrassed at my ineptitude, or a tad angry at the boss for making me look stupid.

Not really surprising though, is it, they're both Bush appointees, no guesses as to whose side they're on.

Mind you, even I have to say the "hard disk crash took my emails" story is a bit rich.

If I was in their IT department I would either be mortally embarrassed at my ineptitude, or a tad angry at the boss for making me look stupid.

I know one job you don't need your boss to help you with. cheesy.gif

PS: What about the other six hard drive crashes of IRS employees, all on the mailing list of our intrepid Ms. Lerner? Can't blame Bush for that one.

The dog ate my homework doesn't seem to cut it any longer.

• Like 1

PS: What about the other six hard drive crashes of IRS employees, all on the mailing list of our intrepid Ms. Lerner? Can't blame Bush for that one.

Well we did stop buying Seagate for a while because they crashed with monotonous regularity, but I put that down to them dumping their defective stock in the Middle East, not the first company to do it.

blink.png

I was just watching a National Geographic show on the decade of the 90's, found it a bit ironic that Koskinen chaired Clinton's Y2K committee. Anyway, proof that parasites aren't that easy to get rid off.

I was just watching a National Geographic show on the decade of the 90's, found it a bit ironic that Koskinen chaired Clinton's Y2K committee. Anyway, proof that parasites aren't that easy to get rid off.

Koskinen has been a Democratic Party operative for years. He is a political hack who's sole purpose in life is to protect at all costs the Obama administration.

And of course, one should not overlook this small item:

"IRS Commissioner John Koskinen is in the spotlight as he is set to further testify to Congress regarding the IRS targeting of conservative groups. It is important to remember that Koskinen has shelled out nearly $100,000 to Democratic candidates and groups."

http://freebeacon.com/politics/reminder-irs-commissioner-john-koskinen-is-massive-donor-to-dems/

This guy was the fall guy. Let's hope that they get they get whoever is at the top.

Without a doubt... Even in the OP, is days that this activity started in 2010 and lasted aprox 18 months..

This guy started in 2012...

So seems like this may have been the responsibility if the guy before him... Anything being to THAT GUY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a little gem of an e-mail I received today. I find it both humorous and sad at the same time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The odds of winning the Florida lottery are 1 in 22,957,480.
The odds of winning the Powerball is 1 in 175,223,510.
The odds of winning Mega Millions is 1 in 258,890,850.
The odds of a disk drive failing in any given month are roughly one in 36.
The odds of two different drives failing in the same month are roughly one in 36 squared, or 1 in about 1,300.
The odds of three drives failing in the same month is 36 cubed or 1 in 46,656.
The odds of seven different drives failing in the same month (like what happened at the IRS when they received a letter asking about emails targeting conservative and pro Israeli groups) is 37 to the 7th power = 1 in 78,664,164,096. (that's over 78 Billion)
In other words, the odds are greater that you will win the Florida Lottery 342 times than having those seven IRS hard drives crashing in the same month.
cheesy.gif
  • Like 2

I don't believe that for one second. My hard disk drive on my laptop and on my office computer crashed in the same month and both had to be replaced.

Where I work, it is not all that uncommon for 2 or 3 computers to crash in a month.

I'm presuming you are not an employee of the IRS?laugh.png

By the way, I had a hard drive crash early this month. It was my second one in nearly 12 years so I know it happens.

Don't you find it extremely unusual that there are seven hard drives, all connected with the IRS scandal, that mysteriously died during the same time frame deleting the same information?

I wouldn't even try to defend the odds presented. The entire thing reeks of cover-up to me though.

Edited by chuckd
  • Like 1