Acting Irs Chief Ousted Over Tax Scandal As Obama Vows Change

News_Editor

Each of the articles below were published as of three days ago. Each is from a different news organization.

The IRS tea party pursuit is a partisan scam. The scam is collapsing all around the Republican party Committee Chairman Darrell Issa.

You do realize that these are the exact same democrats that the fact checkers were suggesting were being dishonest about the IRA scandal? whistling.gif

Well then we'll see who's right, won't we.

I'd go against Republican party House committee Chairman Darrell Issa and his inquisition every time.

Going against Issa every time just might ruin your record of perfection.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Each of the articles below were published as of three days ago. Each is from a different news organization.

The IRS tea party pursuit is a partisan scam. The scam is collapsing all around the Republican party Committee Chairman Darrell Issa.

You do realize that these are the exact same democrats that the fact checkers were suggesting were being dishonest about the IRA scandal? whistling.gif

I'd go against Republican party House committee Chairman Darrell Issa and his inquisition every time.

Darrell the Torch?!

Democrats on the committee want the Treasury Department Inspector General who made the report to return to the committee to answer the new questions. Why isn't Chairman Darrell Issa, the Republican, cooperating in the request?

Edited by Publicus

Darrell the Torch?!

Democrats on the committee want the Treasury Department Inspector General who made the report to return to the committee to answer the new questions. Why isn't Chairman Darrell Issa, the Republican, cooperating in the request?

I forget. How much jail time did Issa serve for alleged arson?

Perhaps Issa doesn't think the IG who made the report has answers to his questions. I have been out of the loop for a few days but it would seem they are more interested in hearing what Lois Lerner has to actually say than what the IG can add.

Issa is the Chairman after all.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/3/attorney-irss-lerner-will-testify-if-granted-immun/?page=all

How on earth is this tedious subject still being discussed? Tea Party organisations tried tax evasion - no real surprise since they object to paying federal taxes. They were targeted for obvious reasons. Can't see what all the fuss is about.

I fear the Republicans want to try and keep these monotonous discussions going until the next elections. It's bad enough when TV'ers do.

And yet it seems because of the backlog many of them were eventually granted tax exempt status when they shouldn't have, and none were denied.

So really, the IRS aren't doing their job properly. The only one they did deny was a Democrat organisation.

The only scandal here is the amount of whinging.

IRS lawyer says scandal was overseen by D.C., names names

Top IRS officials in Washington, D.C. planned and oversaw the agency’s improper targeting of conservative groups, according to the 72-year old retiring IRS lawyericon1.png who will testify Thursday before the House Oversight Committee.

Retiring IRS lawyer Carter C. Hull implicated the IRS Chief Counsel’s office, headed by Obama appointee William J. Wilkins, and Lois Lerner, the embattled head of the IRS’ exempt organizations office, in the IRS targeting scandal and made clear that the targeting started in Washington, according to leaked interviews that Hull granted to the Oversight Committee in advance of Thursday’s hearing.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/17/irs-lawyer-says-scandal-was-overseen-by-d-c-names-names/#ixzz2ZP0vqLMA

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/17/irs-lawyer-says-scandal-was-overseen-by-d-c-names-names/

Au contraire. The conserrvative groups were not denied tax exempt status because they met the legal requirements. The democrat group was denied because they did NOT meet the legal requirements. .

Seems to conveniently ignore the ones that withdrew their applications...

Darrell the Torch?!

I forget. How much jail time did Issa serve for alleged arson?

Perhaps Issa doesn't think the IG who made the report has answers to his questions. I have been out of the loop for a few days but it would seem they are more interested in hearing what Lois Lerner has to actually say than what the IG can add.

Issa is the Chairman after all.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/3/attorney-irss-lerner-will-testify-if-granted-immun/?page=all

The Treasury IG has been called to testify again next week. Chairman Issa had to cave to the new findings that the IRS targeted the left too - that Issa sent a letter to the IG instructing him to examine tea party groups only.

Someone needs to take Issa's shovel away from him so he can stop digging and digging and digging the ever deepening hole he's in.

How on earth is this tedious subject still being discussed? Tea Party organisations tried tax evasion - no real surprise since they object to paying federal taxes. They were targeted for obvious reasons. Can't see what all the fuss is about.

I fear the Republicans want to try and keep these monotonous discussions going until the next elections. It's bad enough when TV'ers do.

Please provide a link supporting your allegation that Tea Party organizations tried tax evasion.

Thank you.

Please provide a link supporting your allegation that Tea Party organizations tried tax evasion.

Thank you.

Why should I provide a link to my own opinion? Any Tea Party organisation carrying out political activities should not be apply from exemption from paying tax. That is tax evasion.

The trouble is the definitions are so vague, they all bend the rules to get the money, and that's the real scandal here - the IRS got so swamped with them they approved most of them anyway.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/04/karl-rove-crossroads-gps_n_3380401.html

Thank you.

Why should I provide a link to my own opinion? Any Tea Party organisation carrying out political activities should not be apply from exemption from paying tax. That is tax evasion.

The trouble is the definitions are so vague, they all bend the rules to get the money, and that's the real scandal here - the IRS got so swamped with them they approved most of them anyway.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/04/karl-rove-crossroads-gps_n_3380401.html

Your opinion isn't fact. If so there would be no need for IMHO.

When I see anything is only on left wing blogs or on right wing blogs and not on any credible media, I just ignore it. You should do the same.

Actually there were plenty of hot-inks in Chico's post including this one from my old stomping grounds outside Houston:

http://katytea.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/our-countrys-future/

Edited by JLCrab

Chicog:

I am curious to know why you don't question how Obama's uncle can get a 501 ( c) (4) approved in less than 30 days, Obama's 2012 campaign fund can be converted into a 501 ( c)(4) in very short order called "Organizing for Action", which is so political it hurts?

Any comments?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/irs-official-lerner-approved-exemption-for-obama-brothers-charity/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/13/stverak-organizing-action-obamas-broken-transparen/

Chicog:

I am curious to know why you don't question how Obama's uncle can get a 501 ( c) (4) approved in less than 30 days, Obama's 2012 campaign fund can be converted into a 501 ( c)(4) in very short order called "Organizing for Action", which is so political it hurts?

Any comments?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/irs-official-lerner-approved-exemption-for-obama-brothers-charity/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/13/stverak-organizing-action-obamas-broken-transparen/

I wouldn't doubt that the President's (half) brother might get preferential treatment, even though he shouldn't have. Obama wouldn't be the first president to have relatives who've overstepped the mark in seeking favours.

On the other one, it merely substantiates what I said, which was that the lines seem so vague that everyone who applied has been approved. There were a number of withdrawals, and one denied (a Democratic one).

Although it's worth noting that that article you posted says "There is nothing illegal about Mr. Obama’s power play".

I'm all for an independent investigation, expanded to see if the IRS did its job properly.

Edited by Chicog

Chicog:

Any comments?

I wouldn't doubt that the President's (half) brother might get preferential treatment, even though he shouldn't have. Obama wouldn't be the first president to have relatives who've overstepped the mark in seeking favours.

On the other one, it merely substantiates what I said, which was that the lines seem so vague that everyone who applied has been approved. There were a number of withdrawals, and one denied (a Democratic one).

Although it's worth noting that that article you posted says "There is nothing illegal about Mr. Obama’s power play".

I'm all for an independent investigation, expanded to see if the IRS did its job properly.

"I'm all for an independent investigation, expanded to see if the IRS did its job properly."

On this we do agree.

• Like 1

Hopefully the investigation will reveal did obama know what was going on or did he order it? Of course he uses cut-outs BUT our pal LEW was chief of staff & I will bet you he knows 99.9% of what obama knows. Of course getting Lew to testify (truthfully) is a tall order. How delicious that Lew is now the overseer of the Treasury & thus the IRS.

Over-zealousness by the campaign team? Possibly.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Chicog:

Any comments?

"I'm all for an independent investigation, expanded to see if the IRS did its job properly."

On this we do agree.

Did its job properly? giggle.gif How can this organisation who at the drop of a hat will relentlessly pursue individuals and charge people with criminal conduct claim not one but six individuals had a computer malfunction causing their e-mails to be lost?

the dog ate my homework!This is the most incredible behaviour I have ever seen by a government agency.bah.gif

Why isn't the FBI in there now like a dose of salts seizing all computers? Surely this scandal has to be 10 times more serious than Watergate?

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 2

Did its job properly? giggle.gif How can this organisation who at the drop of a hat will relentlessly pursue individuals and charge people with criminal conduct claim not one but six individuals had a computer malfunction causing their e-mails to be lost?

the dog ate my homework!This is the most incredible behaviour I have ever seen by a government agency.bah.gif

Why isn't the FBI in there now like a dose of salts seizing all computers? Surely this scandal has to be 10 times more serious than Watergate?

Maybe because the FBI obeys Wall Street lawyer Atty. Gen. Holder. I agree, this one is going to be big.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2014/06/16/issa-koskinen-irs-lerner-emails/10635601/

• Like 2

Perhaps the administration could send the same Special Ops team that got the Benghazi leader to the IRS to get all these hard drives.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IRS Has Lost More E-mails . . .
By Eliana Johnson
June 17, 2014 11:31 AM
It’s not just Lois Lerner’s e-mails. The Internal Revenue Service says it can’t produce e-mails from six more employees involved in the targeting of conservative groups, according to two Republicans investigating the scandal.
The IRS recently informed Ways and Means chairman Dave Camp and subcommittee chairman Charles Boustany that computer crashes resulted in additional lost e-mails, including from Nikole Flax, the chief of staff to former IRS commissioner Steven Miller, who was fired in the wake of the targeting scandal.
The revelation about Lerner’s e-mails rekindled the targeting scandal and today’s news has further inflamed Republicans. Camp and Boustany are now demanding a special prosecutor to investigate “every angle” of the events that led to Lois Lerner’s revelation in May 2013 that the agency had used inappropriate criteria to review the applications for tax exemption.
The lawmakers expressed particular outrage that the agency has known since February that it would not be able to produce the e-mails requested by the committee yet did not apprise the committee of that fact, and they charged in a statement that the IRS is attempting to “cover up the fact that it convenient lost key documents in the investigation.”
  • Like 1

Based on the following article, there should be hard copies of all those e-mails filed in a safe place within the IRS...unless there has been a problem with spontaneous combustion recently.thumbsup.gif

Nixon was impeached for losing 18 minutes of the audio tape. This bunch of clowns think they can lose two years of e-mails and spin it off.

Of course, it does help to have the Attorney General of the US in your pocket.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IRS Was Required By Law to Print Out Lois Lerner’s Emails
10:10 AM 06/17/2014
Patrick Howley
Political Reporter
The Internal Revenue Service is required by federal law to keep records of all agency emails and to print out hard copies of the emails to make sure they get saved in the event of a computer glitch.
The IRS recently claimed that it lost 24,000 of 67,000 emails that ex-official Lois Lerner sent between 2009 and 2011, due to a computer crash. The IRS, which agreed to turn over all of Lerner’s emails to the House Committee on Ways and Means, specifically lost emails Lerner sent to other Obama administration agencies and the White House. Lerner is a major figure in the targeting scandal that has hit the IRS.
Meanwhile, President Barack Obama’s press secretary, Josh Earnest, backed up the IRS’s claim of a computer crash. The IRS claimed that it is currently working to retrieve the emails by working with the other agencies, which are not obligated by the IRS’s agreement with the Ways and Means Committee to cooperate.
  • Like 1

Maybe because the FBI obeys Wall Street lawyer Atty. Gen. Holder. I agree, this one is going to be big.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2014/06/16/issa-koskinen-irs-lerner-emails/10635601/

oh no ! Not the old conspiracy theory accusation again!saai.gif

Someone said on some TV program that the bottom line is the FBI can recover virtually anything. Is that correct?

Anyway, there are two parties to every e-mail. Just recover from the other parties computer or am I missing something?unsure.png

Anyway, there are two parties to every e-mail. Just recover from the other parties computer or am I missing something?unsure.png

I am sure that Barack Obama is going to hand that incriminating evidence against the White House right over. tongue.png

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Interestingly there has been precedent in the use of the IRS for political gain.

Of course, the other guy was a Republican so the actions he took were so much worse than what a Democrat today might take.wink.png

From the Articles of Impeachment of Richard M. Nixon.

1. He has, acting personally and through his subordinates and agents, endeavoured to obtain from
the Internal Revenue Service, in violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, confidential
information contained in income tax returns for purposed not authorized by law, and to cause, in
violation of the constitutional rights of citizens, income tax audits or other income tax
investigations to be intitiated or conducted in a discriminatory m
Does anything sound familiar here?
  • Like 1