Selling Motorbike With No Blue Book

UKJASE

The owner would have responsibility, not the OP.

Having a Green Book would allow to get a registration sticker, year 2556, along with the government insurance.

But changing the name on the Green Book requires the previous owner.

I was told some years ago that if a motorbike is not insured at the time of an accident, the owner (or perhaps the driver) of that motorbike would be responsible for the accident, regardless of the circumstances...

But then the real owner is nowhere to be found...

so the only way i can get it legal again is to find out who the owner is and track them down?

is that correct?

any idea how i could go about that? could i talk to the traffic office here and ask them to contact the last registered owner??

That is a lot of work for a $300 bike eh?

depends how rich / lazy you are i suppose.......

it just a shame to let a nice bike go to waste..... i feel she wants to be back out there amongst the oil and grime and soi dogs, but at the mo she is just gathering dust down our side alley....... like a caged and shackled tiger sad.png

you give her a good-night kiss too?

no you cant tax it without the book.

it would be almost imposeible to get a book

it looks like it would be a nice farm bike.

if the wife has any countryside relatives, give it to them... out there they can get away with riding locally it in most places.

A good plan if the relatives live locally, a bad one if you need to transport it any distance in the back of a pick-up. If the BiB stop you, and you don't have the papers, you could find yourself with a whole heap of problems.

I don't think you need a green book to send it by post, do you?

You need 2 photocopys of the Green Book to post.

if the wife has any countryside relatives, give it to them... out there they can get away with riding locally it in most places.

A good plan if the relatives live locally, a bad one if you need to transport it any distance in the back of a pick-up. If the BiB stop you, and you don't have the papers, you could find yourself with a whole heap of problems.

Yes you need to give the PO a copy of Green book and of ID or passport.

Just done it a short while ago. Good service.

On the question of the bike it should not be a problem selling it, in a village outside the city

I don't know, but I hope that you would.

I'm glad somone started this thread. Although for the bike in question, I would think it would cost more to transfer the ทะเบียนรถ, (Green Book) ,get the road tax up to date and get insurance than the bike is worth. But for a bike that was worth a considerably larger amount of money this might be good topic to have archived on TF.

As far as I know, without the old green book, or some kind of old receipts for road tax, getting this bike legal again would be a neat trick.

I also heard from a Thai friend that bikes that have been off the road or over 6 years, (no road tax, insurance etc) are a bit of a hassle to get legal again.

Then their is the added cost if the green book was registered in another province. 14 years ago you would actually have to bring the bike to the other province to change the name in the book. Now things are a bit easier.

As a matter of law, they are supposed to match 3 serial numbers from 3 locations on the bike even before they give road tax/insurance to a new owner and again without the previous owners green book,...forget it.

I agree with the other posters- make a gift of it to someone in the provinces.

As a Farang, I wouldnt drive without insurance.

b

Edited by bobthomas