Too Late For 30 Day Extension Of Tourist Visa?

The stamp in my passport says "Admitted until 20 May 2013". I meant to go on Friday, but after a late lunch my motorbike wouldn't start and I had to leave it at the shop until 5pm. The immigration office is closed Saturdays and Sundays, and Monday is the 20th. Should I be OK going in on Monday to extend my tourist visa 30 days?

Edited by gavin310

No problem going on Monday.

thats correct.

you pay the 500 baht/day overstay... and they will extend it no problemo wink.png

no worries...

they wont tell you off.

its a small overstay.

they get angry if its about 2 months overstay.

But, you should never plan to use overstay because if you get caught before reaching the border or immigration office, it's detention and seeing a judge. That can really ruin your day.

thats correct.

you pay the 500 baht/day overstay... and they will extend it no problemo wink.png

no worries...

they wont tell you off.

its a small overstay.

But, you should never plan to use overstay because if you get caught before reaching the border or immigration office, it's detention and seeing a judge. That can really ruin your day.

True..

BUT... its really UNLIKELY this ever happening!

you just need to have a DRIVING LICENSE with you at all times.

i have NEVER met a policeman that demands only a passport (during a spot check). they are ALWAYS satisfied with a driving license (photo ID).

if you really want to be ultra geeky anal safe, then either take a photo of your passport PHOTO PAGE with your phone camera... or a photocopy. DONT COPY THE VISA PAGE!!!!!

500 Baht mentioned....think I paid 1900 for 30 days extension each time at main BKK office?

1900 baht is the charge for extending the visa by 30 days.

500 baht is the charge per day if you go over the expiry date.

thats correct.

no worries...

they wont tell you off.

its a small overstay.

There is no overstay - and if the stay expires on a holiday or weekend there is no fine if you appear the first workday and extend from the day your stay expired.

thats correct.

no worries...

they wont tell you off.

its a small overstay.

There is no overstay - and if the stay expires on a holiday or weekend there is no fine if you appear the first workday and extend from the day your stay expired.

NO!!! THAT IS NOT CORRECT!!!

they do not have any allowances for holidays!

technically, you are supposed to be out of the country by the date your visa expires.

every border is open (to leave the country) every day of the week (regardless of holidays).

extensions is an added bonus.

you get them from the chaeng wantanna immigration bureau that is open OFFICE HOURS.

you get NO PrIVELAGeS if you extend your visa a day after a holiday or weekend.

you must pay the 500 baht/day fine..

no exceptions

there is only ONE exception for one day free overstay. this is if you are LEAVING the country by airplane from an international airport. you get one day free overstay. this is the ONLY case you ever get a free day overstay.

You are confused. If your permission to stay ends on a weekend or holiday no overstay fine is due, provided that you apply for an extension of stay the first day immigration is open. That has been standerd policy for years and from recent reports has not changed.