Age Difference In Relationships In Thailand

WilliamCave

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... I learm something everyday. We have lots of extremely wealthy family thai students stay, visit, befriend our daughters, and at times their parents and travelling teacher chaperones come through our home here in New Zealand. Upon spending time in our home I am often complimented on my "good heart" mostly for taking on the responsibility of my partners daughters lovingly as my own. I never realised all these high class women and their husbands to be all bargirls. Amazing sex changes from bargirls to be able to father children that the husbands must have had....wow...amazing Thailand.

You have to understand that there are quite a few cynical losers here who will write any kind of rubbish in order to purge their bile. In addition to that, they hate the thought that someones else is happy.

Or maybe they hate the idea that some people can find happiness in something that they themselves have absolutely no experience or knowledge of?

I reckon if a person has never, ever been a monger, sexpat or even just a player in LOS, then that person's judgement on another person's expectations from a relationship that may have started with just a 'short-time' is merely that; a judgement. An unqualified, unreasonable, unfounded, unwanted and totally irrelevant judgment.

So, in your opinion, only a monger, sexpat or "player" etc can make a valid observation on this subject ?

Yeah, you're right . . .

I have no knowledge or experience of labouring under the illusion that a woman half my age wouldn't have at least some aspect of her interest in me rooted in the potential for financial gain or, as the suckers dress it up, "security"

I have no knowledge or experience of deluding myself that a woman enetering in to a "short time" arrangement with me can, in the overwhelming majority of instances, be considered genuine, valid relationship material. I think the odds of finding a diamond in the rough among the ranks of Thailand's sex workers is particularly slim.

I'm not saying it's impossible but unlike others, I am not in the type of situation where I'm forced to play those odds. Sorry but I just don't have to.

I run a quality bird who never takes a penny off me; this is the way I roll.

If you're old, decrepit, fat or just a total loser with women then there's an entire legion of women willing to "overlook" your shortcomings in return for a stipend and make you feel loved while doing it. If a guy's happy with that, fair enough but to dress it up as something it ain't is extremely sad.

You missed the point. You are perfectly entitled to make any observation you care to make. Nobody is trying to 'convert' anyone here. I clearly said that passing JUDGEMENT on people that obviously move in social circles that are by your own admission, quite alien to yours is being, to say the least, all a bit presumptuous. Whatever bird you chose to run (?) will never come from the pool that you chose to denigrate. If you see sadness in the happy relationships that the less fortunate (in your eyes) possess, then maybe those people with the opposing point of view and moving in totally different circles to you, may quite easily consider your viewpoint as sad. You are happy doing what you do; they are happy doing what they do. Nobody owes anyone an explanation, admission or excuse for the decisions they make.

If you're old, decrepit, fat or just a total loser with women then there's an entire legion of women willing to "overlook" your shortcomings in return for a stipend and make you feel loved while doing it. If a guy's happy with that, fair enough but to dress it up as something it ain't is extremely sad.

It does not bother me. It does not bother my wife who is 30 years younger than I. It does not bother my wife's family or our friends; we have an active social life since my wife is an executive with a large multinational company. Since you characterize it as "extremely sad" it appears to bother you. It does not bother me, or my wife or our friends and family; why does it bother you? Now don't say it does not. You would not refer to it as "extremely sad" if it didn't bother you.

The guy seems to be absolutely desperate to convince himself that he's amazingly happy because his girlfriend is within 10 years of his age and he would NEVER,EVER go out with a girl younger than that.

He's also desperately,desperately trying to convince himself that all the guys on here with a considerable age difference between them and their partners must be absolutely miserable!

Unfortunately he's convinced himself of neither,after pages and pages of trying!sad.png

• Like 2

Again, fine, but to pretend that it's love and nothing to do with money is delusion and that, good sir, is sad.

Sad is pretending that the old guys are sad when they are happy to somehow make yourself feel less sad. Sad is denigrating others who are happy to make your self feel better. If the old guys were sad they would tell you. If the old guys wanted someone to warn them about the perils of living with a younger woman they would tell you.

errrr, . . . right !

Yeah

Look, mate, you go lie down now, ok?

Chill out, relax, get some kip.

You need to stay outta the sun.

Now when you wake up, try to remember, Santana is a superstar on every continent. He is possessed of a towering talent not to mention having millions of dollars to his name.

He's got quite a lot going for him, wouldn'tcha say??

Isn't it more likely his 29 yr old bird is going to be spending days and nights shopping in Beverly Hills, flying 1st class, dining at Flay's, snorting pharmaceutical quality cocaine and drinking premium champagne rather than steering some doddering old bloke around Tesco Lotus while he bitches about the cost of a big tin of Heinz baked beans ?

Again, fine, but to pretend that it's love and nothing to do with money is delusion and that, good sir, is sad.

Sad is pretending that the old guys are sad when they are happy to somehow make yourself feel less sad. Sad is denigrating others who are happy to make your self feel better. If the old guys were sad they would tell you. If the old guys wanted someone to warn them about the perils of living with a younger woman they would tell you.

errrr, . . . right !

Yeah

Now when you wake up, try to remember, Santana is a superstar on every continent. He is possessed of a towering talent not to mention having millions of dollars to his name.

Isn't it more likely his 29 yr old bird is going to be spending days and nights shopping in Beverly Hills, flying 1st class, dining at Flay's, snorting pharmaceutical quality cocaine and drinking premium champagne rather than steering some doddering old bloke around Tesco Lotus while he bitches about the cost of a big tin of Heinz baked beans ?

Sounds like you are reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy happy there mate!cheesy.gif

What a joker!rolleyes.gif

Ooooh *sob*

I'm so injured by your incisive and imaginative use of the ROFL smiley, Eesat - It cuts me right to the bone.

You've got it so right

I'm soooooo unhappy

Of course, it doesn't matter that you spend days and nights actually marauding through every sub-forum - well, the names of those you can actually read - to antagonise with your peasant-stock attempts at one line humour.

I back up my opinions with what I believe to be reasonable arguments. I don't pretend and I don't posture for the sake of it.

You, on the other hand, are just a troll who hasn't been busted yet.

I'm sure it won't be long before that oversight is remedied

Edited by HardenedSoul

Here comes a younger wife of a very much older husband. 29 years between us....Yes that's right TWENTY NINE! He is 68 I am 39...been married almost a dozen years..enjoying and sharing our life together. There is LOVE and TRUST between us. We are financially comfortable. If my husband has to file bankruptcy would I leave him...HELL NO. I would ask him to stay home while I work three jobs to support my family. I don't know about other age gap marriage but there is deep committments and loyality in my marriage.

He was exotic to me and that was the thing that made me go WILD!

I was young when I met him but I had a college degree, real job and real salarie that supported my comfortable life!

If you think all age gap marriages are based on money and greed then do yourself a favor by judging less accept more and be happy!

My oh My I don't want to say goodbye to this thread but being the only woman here is hard....why oh why these young studs don't dare to qoute me..is it because they really think that when they become old and frail only gold diggers will give them lap dances?/??

• Like 1

errrr, . . . right !

Yeah

Sounds like you are reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy happy there mate!cheesy.gif

What a joker!rolleyes.gif

As far as I am concerned he is the only one here talking sense.

Take a trip up to some of the more up market places in Thong Lor, then come back and report your findings.

• Like 1

Here comes a younger wife of a very much older husband. 29 years between us....Yes that's right TWENTY NINE! He is 68 I am 39...been married almost a dozen years..enjoying and sharing our life together. There is LOVE and TRUST between us. We are financially comfortable. If my husband has to file bankruptcy would I leave him...HELL NO. I would ask him to stay home while I work three jobs to support my family. I don't know about other age gap marriage but there is deep committments and loyality in my marriage.

I was young when I met him but I had a college degree, real job and real salarie that supported my comfortable life!

If you think all age gap marriages are based on money and greed then do yourself a favor by judging less accept more and be happy!

My oh My I don't want to say goodbye to this thread but being the only woman here is hard....why oh why these young studs don't dare to qoute me..is it because they really think that when they become old and frail only gold diggers will give them lap dances?/??

Bumped!

Bumped!

I will indulge you in your little parlour games,

quoted from above,

We are financially comfortable.

Excellent stuff glad to hear it, its a bit of a turnaround from a post you made yesterday,

I don't have a lot of money.

make your mind up, which one is it, you cant afford to pay for 7 people to come to your birthday party.

Posted here,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/642659-new-need-your-advice-on-thai-society/

Maybe just maybe you aint as financially comfortable as you claim, or have you just received an inheritance?

Edited by rgs2001uk

Bumped!

I will indulge you in your little parlour games,

quoted from above,

We are financially comfortable.

Excellent stuff glad to hear it, its a bit of a turnaround from a post you made yesterday,

I don't have a lot of money.

make your mind up, which one is it, you cant afford to pay for 7 people to come to your birthday party.

Posted here,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/642659-new-need-your-advice-on-thai-society/

Maybe just maybe you aint as financially comfortable as you claim, or have you just received an inheritance?

We don't have a lot of cash that's true.

Can I afford to take 10 people to dinner at a nice restuarant? hell yeah! Do I want a quiet party so that I get to know my new friends better? Yeah I do!

Just so you know.....my birthday party is now much bigger than I HAVE ORIGINALLY PLANNED.

The truth is: We are financially comfortable, we live well but not extravagantly, we don't want to pay more than we have too:-) Got it???

• Like 1

It does not bother me. It does not bother my wife who is 30 years younger than I. It does not bother my wife's family or our friends; we have an active social life since my wife is an executive with a large multinational company. Since you characterize it as "extremely sad" it appears to bother you. It does not bother me, or my wife or our friends and family; why does it bother you? Now don't say it does not. You would not refer to it as "extremely sad" if it didn't bother you.

Perhaps the only people who are bothered are the ones who are less fortunate in their relationships.

• Like 2

Excuse me but I don't see how your situation is in any way similar to the portion of my post you quoted.

I mean, is your wife overlooking your shortcomings in return for a stipend??

It doesn't bother me.

I think fishing around in a trashcan for one's supper is sad but it doesn't bother me when I see someone doing it unless it's a child.

I don't think it extremely sad. I doubt if many posters here think it extremely sad. Like I said before in the West when myself and my wife went out to eat the hostess asked where my daugher and I would like to sit. Never has happened in Thailand. Matter of fact my daughters get a bit freaked out when everyone assumes they are my wife in Thailand.

OK I got a young wife. SOP in Thailand. The only one who thinks it is exremely sad is you. Why?

Because he's sad himself. Have you not seen that showing through the biliousness of his posts? Even his name here is a sad reflection of his self-image. Poor chap, so dissatisfied with himself that he has constantly to attack the lifestyles of other people in order to feel better for a while.

Some very unpleasant remarks about women have been written and repeated frequently on this thread, seemingly without any care as to whether women readers would be offended. We have more liberty these days to live our lives as we wish, short of harming others, and yet the young things here would deny those liberties to the generations that created them. I hope you're not too offended. Just feel a little sorry for them.

Because he's sad himself. Have you not seen that showing through the biliousness of his posts? Even his name here is a sad reflection of his self-image. Poor chap, so dissatisfied with himself that he has constantly to attack the lifestyles of other people in order to feel better for a while.

Yeah yeah yeah, HardenedSoul is sad.

He sits there weeping at the notion that only someone else could love and trust a Thai wife with whom he can communicate in only the most rudimentary of ways so much that he'd put a new house and a new car in her name

He weeps because he knows he has to wait until he gets to Morden's age before he can truly understand women and relationships laugh.png

He sits there weeping because he has to rely on his charm, wit, personality to attract and retain high quality women with their own means instead of bringing his bank statement to a date.

Whinge, whinge, whinge !

That's all you seem to do, Morden. You can't say anything against Morden cos it might shatter the precariously-balanced illusion he's constructed around a younger woman, a house, a car and a pension. He'll even threaten to report you to the mods if he thinks that comments aimed at him are, in his deluded mind, aimed at his wife.

I think the reason you come back is because you know I'm right about your monumental stupidity insofar as that house and car goes. You know that if it all goes tits up, you've spunked a reasonable part of that pension you talk about so much and you know that's completely at odds with the supposed wisdom you purport to possess by virtue of your age.

In other words, the truth hurts

Yeah yeah yeah, HardenedSoul is sad.

He sits there weeping at the notion that only someone else could love and trust a Thai wife with whom he can communicate in only the most rudimentary of ways so much that he'd put a new house and a new car in her name

He weeps because he knows he has to wait until he gets to Morden's age before he can truly understand women and relationships laugh.png

He sits there weeping because he has to rely on his charm, wit, personality to attract and retain high quality women with their own means instead of bringing his bank statement to a date.

Whinge, whinge, whinge !

That's all you seem to do, Morden. You can't say anything against Morden cos it might shatter the precariously-balanced illusion he's constructed around a younger woman, a house, a car and a pension. He'll even threaten to report you to the mods if he thinks that comments aimed at him are, in his deluded mind, aimed at his wife.

I think the reason you come back is because you know I'm right about your monumental stupidity insofar as that house and car goes. You know that if it all goes tits up, you've spunked a reasonable part of that pension you talk about so much and you know that's completely at odds with the supposed wisdom you purport to possess by virtue of your age.

In other words, the truth hurts

Pot ... kettle.... black.

I'm happy, settled and wouldn't swap my life with that of anyone I've met. I hope you have the same one day, poor, sad chappie.

Excuse me but I don't see how your situation is in any way similar to the portion of my post you quoted.

I mean, is your wife overlooking your shortcomings in return for a stipend??

It doesn't bother me.

I think fishing around in a trashcan for one's supper is sad but it doesn't bother me when I see someone doing it unless it's a child.

I don't think it extremely sad. I doubt if many posters here think it extremely sad. Like I said before in the West when myself and my wife went out to eat the hostess asked where my daugher and I would like to sit. Never has happened in Thailand. Matter of fact my daughters get a bit freaked out when everyone assumes they are my wife in Thailand.

OK I got a young wife. SOP in Thailand. The only one who thinks it is exremely sad is you. Why?

Exactly,Hardened Soul?Ladbroke Grove?

The thing I can't work out is why this muppet feels himself to be superior to everyone on here when all he spews is bile,his insecurities and unhappiness are written all over this forum like a huge banner on a plane flying over Bangkok!

I enjoy poking a stick through his cage now and again but he really is quite boringly repetitive,I imagine there's a large,clear area in a circle around him at any bar he might frequent!

Because you must understand you are not dealing with an educated man here!Anyone with a decent education would know that university students,who are both educated and generally from good families find stuffy old professors impossible to resist.Young beautiful girls that have money,why is that?

You are arguing with a very bitter and twisted,uneducated individual from the wrong side of the tracks,that is why no-one is getting through to him.He's just some idiot that works in a boiler room,save your breath!

Because you must understand you are not dealing with an educated man here!Anyone with a decent education would know that university students,who are both educated and generally from good families find stuffy old professors impossible to resist.Young beautiful girls that have money,why is that?

You are arguing with a very bitter and twisted,uneducated individual from the wrong side of the tracks,that is why no-one is getting through to him.He's just some idiot that works in a boiler room,save your breath!

If my husband has to file bankruptcy would I leave him...HELL NO. I

would ask him to stay home while I work three jobs to support my family.

Your husband is indeed lucky to have such a woman as you for his partner.

I wonder how may of the posters on here could say the same about their "princess".

The sad truth is, for many once the monthly stipend stops, their terrak would be out the door, and they know it.

How many of our "white knights" have terraks working three jobs to keep the family unit together?

The semantics on here amuse me, not one of them has the balls to say, yes I pay my partner to live with me every month. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Its almost as amusing as the guys who go red in the face when the thorny subject of where did you meet your mrs questions arise.

The only ones I respect are the guys who come straight out with and say, yes my mrs is from a bar, instead of all the waffle about meeting in a library.

.I'm happy, settled and wouldn't swap my life with that of anyone I've met. I hope you have the same one day, poor, sad chappie.

So was this guy

Seriously though, I can imagine you chanting that, "I'm happy, settled and . . . . . " in order to sear it into your brain and convince yourself. Ah well, each to his own.

The thing I can't work out is why this muppet feels himself to be superior to everyone on here when all he spews is bile,his insecurities and unhappiness are written all over this forum like a huge banner on a plane flying over Bangkok!

I enjoy poking a stick through his cage now and again but he really is quite boringly repetitive,I imagine there's a large,clear area in a circle around him at any bar he might frequent!

As for Eesat, the knuckle dragger's favourite, returns from his soi 4 walrus-in-a-miniskirt and tries to impress with his best imagery

"his insecurities and unhappiness are written all over this forum like a huge banner on a plane flying over Bangkok". . . .

Please, promise us you'll never do that again . . . . cheesy.gif

I'll tell ya what . . . you do what you do best - troll through my older posts - come back, put that University of Khaosan degree in psychology to good use to illustrate just how unhappy and insecure I am . . . or is it just the case that it suits your motives to imagine me as sitting here grumbling at the world, dissatisfied with my lot when, in fact, it's the complete opposite.

Thing is, you're not even a good stalker. You just want to annoy people.

I think you're that tool from yesteryear, "MediumPaceBowler" or was it "BelowAverageIntelligence" - maybe the mods could have a gander

If my husband has to file bankruptcy would I leave him...HELL NO. I

would ask him to stay home while I work three jobs to support my family.

Your husband is indeed lucky to have such a woman as you for his partner.

I wonder how may of the posters on here could say the same about their "princess".

The sad truth is, for many once the monthly stipend stops, their terrak would be out the door, and they know it.

How many of our "white knights" have terraks working three jobs to keep the family unit together?

The semantics on here amuse me, not one of them has the balls to say, yes I pay my partner to live with me every month. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Its almost as amusing as the guys who go red in the face when the thorny subject of where did you meet your mrs questions arise.

The only ones I respect are the guys who come straight out with and say, yes my mrs is from a bar, instead of all the waffle about meeting in a library.

That's all good but what if you in fact did not meet them in a bar.

As for money when gold was exchanged at the wedding I come out well in front and got the sin sod back.

And I will expect and answer from you any moment saying, yeah right.

Do you really think everyone meets a woman in a Bar.

He suffers from a condition that causes him to put down others in order to enhance his own self-image. That explains also why he can't take the responses.

Interesting. May I inquire as to your nationality? Your husband's?

Oh, you want me to guess? Ok, I'd say Ms. Momo is Filipino, and her husband, a retired American serviceman.

He suffers from a condition that causes him to put down others in order to enhance his own self-image. That explains also why he can't take the responses.

Really??!! Aren't you the one throwing his toys outta the pram, here?

I'll report you to the mods for trying to burst my bubble . . .waaah, waaahhh !! passifier.gif Get over yerself, you big baby

Even your supporters on this thread would laugh at the irony of that last statement.

I derive no pleasure or boost from opening your eyes to your own stupidity. I've got no issue with you having a younger wife - I said that waaaaayyy back. I just said you were a complete moron for putting all that shit in her name and you bloody well know it. Maybe you'd do better to runoff and see if you can do something about that mistake instead of returning to the thread to try convincing all and sundry that I'm sad.

I imagine you're not much different from the guy in the story on that link. Hapless loser in love spends life grafting, saves nice sum for retirement. Rocks up in LOS, with the intention of purchasing a ready-made, idyllic retirement and bint to go with it; knows he might not have long left so skips some of the due diligence, marries what seems like a good bird - never a bargirl - ends up riddled with bullets, smoked by her hitmen friends for his insurance policy.

Edited by HardenedSoul

Interesting. May I inquire as to your nationality? Your husband's?

Oh, you want me to guess? Ok, I'd say Ms. Momo is Filipino, and her husband, a retired American serviceman.

I'm guessing she is a white American and the husband is ??

I'll report you to the mods for trying to burst my bubble . . .waaah, waaahhh !! passifier.gif Get over yerself, you big baby

Even your supporters on this thread would laugh at the irony of that last statement.

I derive no pleasure or boost from opening your eyes to your own stupidity. I've got no issue with you having a younger wife - I said that waaaaayyy back. I just said you were a complete moron for putting all that shit in her name and you bloody well know it. Maybe you'd do better to runoff and see if you can do something about that mistake instead of returning to the thread to try convincing all and sundry that I'm sad.

I imagine you're not much different from the guy in the story on that link. Hapless loser in love spends life grafting, saves nice sum for retirement. Rocks up in LOS, with the intention of purchasing a ready-made, idyllic retirement and bint to go with it; knows he might not have long left so skips some of the due diligence, marries what seems like a good bird - never a bargirl - ends up riddled with bullets, smoked by her hitmen friends for his insurance policy.

Don't be a moron all your life. Take a day off. Try growing up and living your own life instead of trolling all day long.

Don't be a moron all your life. Take a day off. Try growing up and living your own life instead of trolling all day long.

Yep, hit a nerve . . . .

Ok, you have the last word.

I'm off to Starbucks for a big Cappuccino