750 Ltrs Water, How Much & Where From?

pattayadingo

Good suggestion. Our village manager gets them for us. If you are not in a village, then chat with a neighbor or a local business owner.

We pay 250B for a small tanker truck. Fills way more than our tank, so we either put the rest in the pool or give the garden a good soak!! 5555

I wonder if these trucks actually pay for the water that they deliver. Looks like they just fill up from an overhead pipe, and I have never seen anyone else around to collect the payment.

Nope...they get the water from what ever pond is nearby. Some ponds have good water...others don't.

The trucks that service our village on the darkside charge B150 for 1500 litre delivery...have to take it all as same price as per delivery not by the litre. So top up the tank and give the garden a soak or offer the neighbors a top-up. Price may vary depending on water source as some trucks obtain water from underground wells and others I've heard buy from the municipal water plant.

Thanks for the replies on the costing.

After the septic tank pricing fiasco, where they wanted 6 times the normal amount, I like to have an idea of how much I'd expect to pay, especially when I've not used a service like this one before.

I'd have got the g/f to ask but her grandfather died and I've sent her home to help take care of things up there.

Now I'll go find out who supplies the water :)

Thanks for the replies on the costing.

After the septic tank pricing fiasco, where they wanted 6 times the normal amount, I like to have an idea of how much I'd expect to pay, especially when I've not used a service like this one before.

I'd have got the g/f to ask but her grandfather died and I've sent her home to help take care of things up there.

Now I'll go find out who supplies the water smile.png

I don't know where you live but there is a good one with clean water approx here.

http://goo.gl/maps/ufmEs

Soi 16, Soi Siam CC near Wannasin Market. (approx 150 THB)

Never seen a truck filling up at a pond, and never seen a clean pond, at not clean enough that I would want to mix it into my water system.

Right behind our village is a couple of big ponds. The water trucks roar (literally) up and down the small soi outside us all day, every day. We use to live by the bungy jump in Jomtien. Several big ponds back there and we always saw trucks filling up there.

When we got our tank filled last time, the maid got us a truck that fills up from a very clean pond (in her words). Obviously, we don't drink or cook with this water. Even from the tap. All local water comes from some reservoir near here.

The one I described near Soi Siam CC has it's own well. The water is very clean (to the naked eye) and doesn't at all smell.

(For people who live in the City and need clean water, the one (a bit from the Corner ) of Third Road and Soi 9 (near Wat Nong Ao) http://goo.gl/maps/pAsqD

has it's own well and that water is also oke. However because it is in the City it's more expensive at 180-200 THB.

Edited by MJCM

In Pong near Marbrachan i used to pay 160 baht for 2000 litres, minimum amount as that was what the trucks held. used to fill up from overhead pipes, water quality was better than well water so used it for showering. If you are in that area PM for number but do not think they travel far. Apparently main business was topping up swimming pools according to the guy i used.

I'd like to say thanks for those who have repled to this topic.

Very helpful smile.png

You reported in another thread that you don't get tap water at the moment, that's probably why you need to fill your tank. The tap-water situation can't improve in Pattaya anywhere soon with so may new buildings added every year, you gonna need a larger tank to sit out longer periods without tap water. Maybe install some roof rails that drain into the tank, too.

Very helpful smile.png

You reported in another thread that you don't get tap water at the moment, that's probably why you need to fill your tank. The tap-water situation can't improve in Pattaya anywhere soon with so may new buildings added every year, you gonna need a larger tank to sit out longer periods without tap water. Maybe install some roof rails that drain into the tank, too.

Right on. We never get a constant water supply. Usually it comes on for 5-6 hours a day, enough time to fill our 2 tanks. Other than that, no water at all.

Very helpful smile.png

The problem in the other thread was, I believe, a dispute going on and has only happened since we got Pattaya Water meters installed.

Yes, I agree that the water situation looks like it can only get worse as time goes by, especially with the new building going on, then if there are floods in BKK we are liable to have a lot more people in Pattaya during those periods too.

I noticed that since we had the meters changed there are often big drops in water pressure especially on an evening so the tank and pump will be a benefit overall.

The system (tank) I installed does not allow for me to use rainwater collected, but if it does reach the point, I can always add another (different) tank to collect rainwater.

As it is now, 200 Baht and the water bowser that came round would have filled at least 1500 Litres. It was a pity no-one else was about or I'd have let them have what was left, especially as the translation was basically, 'what do you want us to do with the rest, you have paid for it.'

That attitude came as a bit of a surprise, especially as many would have said nothing and maybe delivered the rest of the water to another house / place for another payment.

I'll definitely use him again if / when the situation gets bad.