Things That Grate On You In Pattaya....

blackman

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very polite but only with people who don't act like I owe them something, nothing worse than the LB's, fat old ladies &co who think because you are farang they are allowed to grab you, waste your time and then ask for something.

Anyways I don't go to beer bars and avoid them like the plague coffee1.gif

So how come you are offering advice for beer bar banter in post #67 ?

I have seen you in a beer bar btw. You are the guy sitting on his ownsome at the end of bar, totally ignored by the ladies since you have rudely shooed them away, playing with your smartphone, nursing your beer... dead hansum.

drivers take note:

Yes, there are the many drivers that haven't discovered where the indicator switch is or the much, much worse (IMHO) driver that insists in toggling the indicators quickly left-right-left when haring down the overtaking lane. I think it's an attempt to tell those behind that there's some slower traffic ahead that he's already giving the headlight treatment to and don't flash your lights at him or expect him to get out of the way and let you pass any time soon. Mostly done by minibuses, tour buses and slow 10-wheelers.

Edited by NanLaew

drivers take note:

Yes, there are the many drivers that haven't discovered where the indicator switch is or the much, much worse (IMHO) driver that insists in toggling the indicators quickly left-right-left when haring down the overtaking lane. I think it's an attempt to tell those behind that there's some slower traffic ahead that he's already giving the headlight treatment to and don't flash your lights at him or expect him to get out of the way and let you pass any time soon. Mostly done by minibuses, tour buses and slow 10-wheelers.

i often amuse myself by flashing back at the drivers who are flashing me

i have no intention of playing chicken with them but its fun to see their reaction when they think i am going to

The OP has raised a couple of my '<deleted>?' moments, although they don't seem Pattaya-specific.

I mean do people really leave the condo at 8 o'clock at night for a night on the piss and stick the sunglasses on the top of the head? I mean why? They are SUNGLASSES for f*cks sakes!!! Maybe they are a hair accessory these days but the dude has a shaved <deleted>' head!!!

The blinged out farang Fortuner with aircon running flat out, window down with the flick, flick, flick of the cigarette. Cooling the whole town dude?

Now my other favourite gripes. The stopped shopping cart at the supermarket, casually angle-parked right in the middle of the aisle while the shopper buggers around in the freezer or picks out their veggies. Or letting the kids push the loaded cart... really???!!! You can't drive worth a sh!t so how you reckon the kids can do any better?

The pensioner with a thing for ping pong balls in gogo bars. Honestly sir, that's just NOT cool. Especially the third and fourth basket full.

There must be an honorable mention for the perpetual queue jumper. I mean, I am about 2 meters tall and around 100 kilos. Whenever did THAT make me invisible???

The 5PM traffic crawl where the cute dolly on the step-through in front of you is suddenly overwhelmed with the need to stop and eat THOSE noodles, the ones RIGHT THERE beside her... and stops the bike and steps away, oblivious to the blocked traffic.

Back in the supermarket, there's the 'express lane - 10 items max' abusers. The ones that quickly empty all 42 items onto the desk and push the empty cart through while the check-out girl is still giving the previous customer his change. Or the variation when there's a special on (for example) fish sauce so the load up a cart with 100 bottles and then have all the family, mum, dad, kids, auntie and granny all take turns to get their MORE THAN 10 bottles each through the checkout.

OK, so some of you are appeasers and accept that this is normal for the place you chose to live. But be honest and tell us what really makes you grind your teeth, spit the dummy or throw the toys out of the pram.

I mean do people really leave the condo at 8 o'clock at night for a

night on the piss and stick the sunglasses on the top of the head?

Yes they do, they are referred to as antipodeans, or Ozzys to you and me, although my Ozzy friends refer to them as, bogans, thats, pikey or chavs to you and me.

Take a careful look to see which side of the head the "sunnies" are on, front of forehead tilted upwards, or back of head, or even worse, a hat on the head with the sunnies place on top of the hat.

Get with it, its all the rage in Wonga Wonga.

Ok, Ok, I have stopped laughing now.

My Ozzie mate would never go out at night without the sunnies on his head.

I always say "I am no expert, but I don't think the sun will shine tonight".

Oh dear, that post has made my day..... love it

Us Ozzy's are the best drinkers in the world,and we need sunny's for sunrise.

It takes another Aussie to put the true perspective on a subject, we aren't bogans, just good drinkers,

had never thought of it like that.

Pet peave: People who have a compulsive, addiction to post on TV thinking it is harmless when in fact it shows character flaws and antisocial behavior. Unlike the child addicted to video games where we can block or restrict this activity, we are at the mercy of supposed adults to use good judgement and in extreme cases seek needed professional help.

Only two things really get on my tits:

The total lack of high-quality Beluga caviar vendors on 3rd Road...

Not having the "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" programs on Sophon Cable TV...

What an utterly stoopid topic cheesy.gif

Edited by cloghead
  • Like 1

Brilliant topic!

Keep 'em coming.

Thanks BlackMan.

Pet peave: People who have a compulsive, addiction to post on TV thinking it is harmless when in fact it shows character flaws and antisocial behavior. Unlike the child addicted to video games where we can block or restrict this activity, we are at the mercy of supposed adults to use good judgement and in extreme cases seek needed professional help.

Like the above you mean

Edited by ROBINPATTAYA
  • Like 1

Hey guys anybody remember the song "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" ? It's a song from the Disney 1946 live action and animated movie Song of the South, You probably would find it enlightening if you were to find and watch this great movie about patience, life and common sense. Uncle Remus was a man of great wisdom who never found the time or necessity to become irritated. Trying to come up with a great list of things that irritate just might seem a Little ahhh .... self defeating, unless one is into bitching, complaining and feeling sorry for ones present place in life or whatever floats your boat ........... the word redundant seems to come to mind. Lets look that up in our Urban Dick-shun-nary ..... or Funk and Wagnalls .... books of obvious higher education

Albeit it’s acrimonious agitprop animus It has a tendency to atenuate ones circuitous but Concomitant Ensorcelled response …. Inimical as it must seem. Even if one professes innocence by Lysenkoism, when moral suasion is used ....... Course this could just be my Plagiocephaly coming through. I've tried to hide it with long hair and sunglasses (I can already hear the books opening)

• Like 1

Brilliant topic!

Keep 'em coming.

Thanks BlackMan.

Like the above you mean

You got it!

Jing, so what are your thoughts about Baht bus and the system?

I think I've posted most of them on baht bus threads already.

I did mention the smokers on the buses thing here already as well.

Here's another grate:

How hard it is to get decent local style Thai food at Thai prices in the tourist areas of Jomtien.

Edited by Jingthing

You got it!

Mouse over your Profile (above)
My Settings
'Ignore' Preferences
Add a new user to my list (enter name)
Select Posts
Save Changes

What and miss post 41900? My friend you have a serious problem and are in denial, but fear not the TV family is here for you and with help will lead you from the abyss.

The secret is out. I've made a lot of posts. That is so interesting! Who could have known that? It is such a rare skill to be able to read a number on every post. Some regular Woodward and Bernstein's here.

My suggestion is if people want to make personal comments about members, totally off topic to any thread, either restrain yourself or PM them so others don't have to read the same old tedious and boring gossip.

You know, newbie posters often complain they are disrespected. They don't deserve that just because of a number. The SAME goes for prolific posters.

Edited by Jingthing

I wish there were more 7/11 and Family Mart stores along Soi Bua Khaow.

Finding myself with a sudden and urgent need of a large lime Slurpee, and then realizing I am more than 10 metres away from the closest convenience store, is not at all convenient.

• Like 1

Here's another grate:

How hard it is to get decent local style Thai food at Thai prices in the tourist areas of Jomtien.

Jing you are a gem!!!!

Just to answer your last question, it is very hard because rents in tourist areas are very high, so businesses can not sell local or any type of food at Thai prices

• Like 1

Here's another grate:

Jing you are a gem!!!!

Just to answer your last question, it is very hard because rents in tourist areas are very high, so businesses can not sell local or any type of food at Thai prices

Actually there are some places that have Thai prices but it's mostly below par in quality. Also just paying more doesn't mean the food is better. Often the opposite. I well understand the issue with rents and prices. This is deeper than that. Rents are high in central Pattaya as well, but there you CAN get some decent Thai food at Thai prices. My only theory is that the Thai food overall is more dumbed down/don't care in Jomtien tourist areas because the market there will bear it better.

Edited by Jingthing

Anyone tried Subway on Soi Buakhao?

Putting aside that the aircon has been "broken" for as long i can remember.

When you enter the store and look to order, you are greeted by "what you want mister"

Followed by painful observation of bread and other food butchering.

The icing is always the "wrap" the moment you sit down to eat and unwrap it, the whole sub falls apart.

I only wish someone from the head office paid a visit

• Like 1

Jingthing, on 22 May 2013 - 13:59, said:

lemoncake, on 22 May 2013 - 13:57, said:

Jingthing, on 22 May 2013 - 12:42, said:

lemoncake, on 22 May 2013 - 12:34, said:

Here's another grate:

Jing you are a gem!!!!

Actually there are some places that have Thai prices but it's mostly below par in quality. Also just paying more doesn't mean the food is better. Often the opposite. I well understand the issue with rents and prices. This is deeper than that. Rents are high in central Pattaya as well, but there you CAN get some decent Thai food at Thai prices. My only theory is that the Thai food overall is more dumbed down/don't care in Jomtien tourist areas because the market there will bear it better.

Jing, not all of central Pattaya is tourist places. The shops located in tourist zones are more expansive and rely on passing trade rather than repeat customers

I still think most Thai places in tourist Jomtien just think they can get away with offering less quality (regardless of price usually) and they are right. Obviously far out Jomtien is different. Catering to a lot of more sophisticated Bangkok people. Not cheap but excellent food out there.

• Like 1

The secret is out. I've made a lot of posts. That is so interesting! Who could have known that? It is such a rare skill to be able to read a number on every post. Some regular Woodward and Bernstein's here.

My suggestion is if people want to make personal comments about members, totally off topic to any thread, either restrain yourself or PM them so others don't have to read the same old tedious and boring gossip.

You know, newbie posters often complain they are disrespected. They don't deserve that just because of a number. The SAME goes for prolific posters.

Prolific? Even TV has labeled you as a bi-polar member :-) It's okay, being a big fish in a small pond I am sure you find therapeutic. But pack to pet peaves: The baht bus system needs revision and have a clearly defined payment zones. Jomtien because it has expanded greatly over the years should be a zone in itself. Going in to town you pay an additional 10 baht (because you would be in a new zone) at South Pattaya Rd., if you wish to continue further (we can call this the Central zone).

Anyone tried Subway on Soi Buakhao?

Putting aside that the aircon has been "broken" for as long i can remember.

When you enter the store and look to order, you are greeted by "what you want mister"

Followed by painful observation of bread and other food butchering.

The icing is always the "wrap" the moment you sit down to eat and unwrap it, the whole sub falls apart.

I only wish someone from the head office paid a visit

Never had a problem at this subway outlet, I only take the daily special once in a while as I think the rest is way overpriced

Edited by yoslim