Things That Grate On You In Pattaya....

blackman

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Farangs hobbling across 2nd road causing me to have to swerve either on my PCX or in my Forturner, mind you I have a plan, I am going to buy a Harley with loud exhaust, that's bound to give em a spring in their step !

Oh and bus's - especially the Pegus ones, the keep trying to force me over from hogging the centre line on Sukhumvit.

Oh and that new fashion thing with Russian ladies going around bra-less, hang on..... sorry thats great, now I'm confused cheesy.gif

• Like 1

The one thing that grates on me are the grill covers over the gutters. I don't know what gets poured in there but sometimes when one steps over it, the fragrance that wafts out can make a grown man cry.

That's our local terroir, mate!

#hitty customer service from bar/ restaurant staff at 5 star hotels. Just came from Tavern by the Sea and the night before the Holiday Inn (Castros) and both places my group had to flag down...or get out of the seat to get a waiter to order more drinks and snacks. Instead of charging such high prices for more profit, how about training waiters/ staff to look after the customer. They definately could sell more drinks and food. No brainer.

• Like 2

Returning a defective item.

Got allot of grief recently when returning an item, even though the store has a 'return within 7 day' policy.

when big c was carrefour

i returned a small TV that had burst into flames after 10 days

they said, can fix, i said ''are you joking? this could have burnt my house down had i not been at home''

they said ''ok, you want another one?''

i said what you fink?

• Like 1

Police stoped me this morning ,road check.

He asked for :"dive lises" wich i showed him,he wanted money ,i said "no money -no fraud" he said "this is Thailand" i said "no money" then he asked for

"isuans" i showed him the papers,then he wanted to see the boo book ,I have it in my home because when they steal my car they have all the papers,so i never keep them in the car,this was stupid of me ? Anny way ,he asked for my licence again (wich he copied allready) and i knew he wanted to keep it ,so i said it's mine ,dont give it,he then tried to take my car keys ,but i was quicker and closed my window .By that time my wife was loosing it ,instead of support me she was yelling "pay pay" ,finaly she jumped out and went to pay the thieves ! 400 bht, i smiled at the f*cking fraud ( no number ,no name tag) and said "you steal from thai lady,bah!" and i drove off.

Next time i'll try some pepper-sp32?beatdeadhorse.gif

• Like 1

He asked for :"dive lises" wich i showed him,he wanted money ,i said "no money -no fraud" he said "this is Thailand" i said "no money" then he asked for

"isuans" i showed him the papers,then he wanted to see the boo book ,I have it in my home because when they steal my car they have all the papers,so i never keep them in the car,this was stupid of me ? Anny way ,he asked for my licence again (wich he copied allready) and i knew he wanted to keep it ,so i said it's mine ,dont give it,he then tried to take my car keys ,but i was quicker and closed my window .By that time my wife was loosing it ,instead of support me she was yelling "pay pay" ,finaly she jumped out and went to pay the thieves ! 400 bht, i smiled at the f*cking fraud ( no number ,no name tag) and said "you steal from thai lady,bah!" and i drove off.

My parents taught me to cooperate when a thief attempts to rob me.

• Like 1

The man who invents a key grab blocker for bikes and cars so Thais can not take the keys, will be a hero. Like a cap you put over the ignition and turn it to lock or something. It has to keep someone from being able to snatch your keys. Thais love to grab keys.

Even better, make one with razors on them so it slices their fingers 1/2 off. I'd pay top dollar for that one.

I also don't like BKK plated cars, they think they own the place (okay maybe they do, often see some Ferraris and Lamborghinis on BKK plates)

I am one of them having my arm out of the window in my new truck flickering the ash off my cigi, what's wrong with that, much cleaner inside my truck

than Beach Road where I normally "commit the crime" so it make perfect sense to me doing it. wink.png

no delete post option for some reason. Editing post even within minutes after posted, still leaves 'This post edited'

Only mods can completely delete 'em or else it would be a perpetual round of 'I never said that!'

Like a fart in an elevator, us forum plebs are doomed to leaving a trail of evidence.

• Like 1

Plenty of Thais both fear and dispise RTP for good reasons. If your wife had not intervened where do you think your handling of the situtation would have got you? Next time use your common sense and ask for a receipt. Many posters have said this will normally end up with you just being waived on.

No dislike bottom in Thai Visa forums.

dislike bottom?

is that all bottoms or just the ones seen on Thai Visa?

just as an example and strictly in the interests of research only, do you dislike this one?

post-81023-0-04649700-1369904558_thumb.j

Edited by blackman
  • Like 2

No dislike bottom in Thai Visa forums.

dislike bottom?

is that all bottoms or just the ones seen on Thai Visa?

just as an example and strictly in the interests of research only, do you dislike this one?

Always with the lady's bums. blink.png

Sidewalks that are used for anything but a sidewalk.

Uneven stairs.

Sections of floor that do not line up which everyone is constantly tripping over.

These can all be found anywhere in Thailand. Not just Pattaya.

In Pattaya, it's gotta be the Asian tour buses clogging up roads and belching diesel.

Also all over Thailand , not only Pattaya but Wall tiles used as floor tiles especially in areas where there are likely to get wet like bathrooms .

my friend at BPH says that slipping in bathrooms is the second most common accident after motorcycle injuries

no doubt due to these tiles

• Like 1

Girls of the night who act like high-so because they have a sponsor sick.gifbah.gif

Girls of the night that think they are "special" ( I don't know if they have a sponsor or not ).

Hi so girls that act like they are "special", despite their grandparents probably living in a dirt floor shack in a village.

Anyone that acts as though they are "special".

#hitty customer service from bar/ restaurant staff at 5 star hotels. Just came from Tavern by the Sea and the night before the Holiday Inn (Castros) and both places my group had to flag down...or get out of the seat to get a waiter to order more drinks and snacks. Instead of charging such high prices for more profit, how about training waiters/ staff to look after the customer. They definately could sell more drinks and food. No brainer.

Are you crazy? Train staff in LOScheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

people who need to add loads of emoticons to their post to alert the reader to the fact that the author thinks its funny/sad/rude/sarcastic whatever

what happened to the art of wordcraft?

People that just have to make an off topic comment about other people's posts.

Old Farangs hobbling across 2nd road causing me to have to swerve either on my PCX or in my Forturner, mind you I have a plan, I am going to buy a Harley with loud exhaust, that's bound to give em a spring in their step !

Oh and bus's - especially the Pegus ones, the keep trying to force me over from hogging the centre line on Sukhumvit.

Oh and that new fashion thing with Russian ladies going around bra-less, hang on..... sorry thats great, now I'm confused cheesy.gif

I'm going to start carrying a rock to throw at motorists that think they are more important than pedestrians, LOL. Edited by thaibeachlovers