Blackout

hansgruber

No power all night in my part of Kata. Got back 7:30 last night to darkness, left at 8:30 this morning, still no electricity. Fortunately cool enough to survive with no aircon or fans.

I'm still down too in Kata. It's from the sub station in Patong supposedly. My wife is calling non stop.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I escaped over to Patong about 09.30 to watch TV. Rain started about 12.10. Power off 2 minutes later. Just shows how fragile the power system is here on Phuket Island. Now back in Kata - have power & TV ... for now 

Supposedly the sub station got flooded in Patong causing problems with power supply to Kata. Police station and hospital at waist height as well.

Sounds like serious flooding and it seems that there rain is not going to stop any time soon. At least here it's like being under water fall.

Power out in Kata now. Hopefully not a repeat performance.

Not a problem further up Patak Road.

Thankfully came back on after 45mins or so. There are two overlapping grids in Kata now. One old and one new. Was probably just oneof them if LIK and steve had no interruption. It was out over by the temple too, according to a friend.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems to be very local power outage. Someone on the village said that an transformer has blown up. I just saw an orange vehicle driving on the road so hopefully they'll be able to fix or replace it.

Seems to be very local power outage. Someone on the village said that an transformer has blown up. I just saw an orange vehicle driving on the road so hopefully they'll be able to fix or replace it.

I heard a pop outside when our power went out this morning. But I didn't see any crews working around my area. You just never know with this wonderful power grid. But it's certainly better than it was 6 or 7 years ago!