Pattaya Haters Posting In The Pattaya Forum

MZurf

Pattaya haters posting how this place sucks, maybe hate everything? Maybe it isn't about Pattaya at all? If you ride in baht bus in Pattaya, we, farangs almost never speak to each other, usually we are very careful not to even make eye contact. Its different with internet, here we are brave. So maybe Pattaya haters get to vent here, cos 'hating' Pattaya is somehow more acceptable than hating some other town or region? If they dont do it in Pattaya forum, they'd find another sub forum

+1

On that basis, I loathe Patpong and everything it has become. ;)

Seriously, it gives them a break from arguing the toss about the GBP-THB exchange rate, and I guess that's a good thing .....

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to know all the geat thing's that Pat's has above any other place in Thailand. I have not read all the post but most. It would be nice to be educated on same. I know J T it's all about food he posted that and I agree but what about all the rest that make's it so wondeful. Because I cant see any, maybe the Bt Buses. come on then speak out. Let all be educated.

You do not need to see and do not need to know, do not even need to visit.

And since you do not see the benefits why even bother to comment?

Thank you for your interllectual post very enlightening.

Just think on this a few year's ago there was not a Russian in sight now the place is over loaded with them Nakluea used to be 90% German go there now and it's turning into little Russia not long now two three year's my guess and they will take over the rest of the place, so unless you like borscht soup your little Pat's in a few more year's will be no more and then what will you all do time me thinks to have a look out for new climb's. Just a thought but frightening all the same.

if "borscht" frightens you i suggest you move to Duluth, Minnesota. i don't know of any restaurant that serves this Russian dish whistling.gif

Many posters seem to have completely forgotten why they moved to Thailand. If you want to be honest and truthful about what brought you to Thailand and what you're still doing here years later, I have 2 possible suggestions. Now most will adamantly disagree with me because they don't want to admit the truth, they want to be "above" the "low" expats. suggestion #1 You came because it was cheaper to live in Thailand than your own country. Suggestion #2 You were tired of shelling out 14,000 baht a night to pay for dinner, cocktails, movie dancing more cocktails and then no sex that you might get lucky from time to time and actually be rewarded with but in Thailand there was said to be an unlimited supply of beautiful females that would gladly have a few drinks and then you pay the bar 200 baht and your very beautiful new lady friend 1,000 baht, So for the small price of approx 1,500 to 1,800 baht you were guaranteed sex with a lady that was probably more beautiful than the at home 14,000 baht maybe lady ...not tonight honey pie maybe tomorrow ....if you're lucky, that's where the all knowing and dead on phrase "well did ya get lucky last night" came from ..... now lets sit back and watch all the "oh not me, I came here for the beaches and temples" guys step forward

• Like 2

Many posters seem to have completely forgotten why they moved to Thailand. If you want to be honest and truthful about what brought you to Thailand and what you're still doing here years later, I have 2 possible suggestions. Now most will adamantly disagree with me because they don't want to admit the truth, they want to be "above" the "low" expats. suggestion #1 You came because it was cheaper to live in Thailand than your own country. Suggestion #2 You were tired of shelling out 14,000 baht a night to pay for dinner, cocktails, movie dancing more cocktails and then no sex that you might get lucky from time to time and actually be rewarded with but in Thailand there was said to be an unlimited supply of beautiful females that would gladly have a few drinks and then you pay the bar 200 baht and your very beautiful new lady friend 1,000 baht, So for the small price of approx 1,500 to 1,800 baht you were guaranteed sex with a lady that was probably more beautiful than the at home 14,000 baht maybe lady ...not tonight honey pie maybe tomorrow ....if you're lucky, that's where the all knowing and dead on phrase "well did ya get lucky last night" came from ..... now lets sit back and watch all the "oh not me, I came here for the beaches and temples" guys step forward

What beaches and temples? Yes to number 1, sort of to Number 2...wanted a younger more attractive girlfriend/wife than I would ever find back home. What a "low" expat I am, tick all the boxes!!

came to pattaya on impulse with a suitcase full of advise and a broken heart

a week later after lots of 'research' i was all fixed up

never looked back

Thailand changed my life and my attitude to matters of the emotional kind

to my brothers at home in the same situation i say this:

'get on a plane son, salvation is 24 hours away''

never looked back

Fixed up after the first week of " research".

University educated of Chines descent of course, like the majority of the members here. whistling.gif

never looked back

Fixed up after the first week of " research".

University educated of Chines descent of course, like the majority of the members here. whistling.gif

not sure what that means

maybe you need to attend the university of plain English speaking

My conclusion- The majority of the members suffer from " Expressive Language Disorder" Probably another good reason for moving to Thailand.

It took me 6 Leo's to arrive at that conclusion.

Edited by kennedy
  • Like 1

I would like to know all the geat thing's that Pat's has above any other place in Thailand. I have not read all the post but most. It would be nice to be educated on same. I know J T it's all about food he posted that and I agree but what about all the rest that make's it so wondeful. Because I cant see any, maybe the Bt Buses. come on then speak out. Let all be educated.

Just think on this a few year's ago there was not a Russian in sight now the place is over loaded with them Nakluea used to be 90% German go there now and it's turning into little Russia not long now two three year's my guess and they will take over the rest of the place, so unless you like borscht soup your little Pat's in a few more year's will be no more and then what will you all do time me thinks to have a look out for new climb's. Just a thought but frightening all the same.

Soooo German is better than Russian ? Or what exactly you trying to say?

Soooo German is better than Russian ? Or what exactly you trying to say?

See, I told you.

if "borscht" frightens you i suggest you move to Duluth, Minnesota. i don't know of any restaurant that serves this Russian dish whistling.gif

Well have a go at these bliny, stroganov, kasha, kissel, paskha, rassohlik, something to be going on with, it's not to do with just one dish it's to do with Russian restaurant's give one a try they are not very welcoming I did 5 week's ago and was given the cold shoulder ended up walking out hungry. Went to Jomtiem and all the good restaurant's were flooded with R's and the staff not to mention the tourist's were also not welcoming in fact made it obvious so much so my Thai wife wanted to get out asap. Mark my word's three year's at the most it'll be welcome to the Rouble something to think about.

N/B I lived in Pat's for over 8 year's and as I'm now an outsider I see these things at once. It's changed and I must say not for the better.

I still notice though that the same reply's keep coming up if you don't like it don't come not very inventive or constructive come to that.

I'm not a hater of Pat's I like the place but am very worried about the way thing's are going there. And so should you all be.

No need to reply I'll do it for you (If you don't like it don't come)

My old English teachers would have had a field day with the construction, content, polemic, and ad-hominem attacks of the average Pattaya Hater post. D minuses and Fs accompanied by big red pen strokes would abound. If the PHs would try to upgrade their English composition skills to a grade 12 level, then we could a least try to initiate an adult discourse.laugh.png

I can see when you prepared your post you must have spent a really long time checking and rechecking to make sure you didn't make any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. I can even tell that you must be an American as only Americans think they are being awfully clever when they use such impressive words as "ad-hominem" because they think nobody else will understand them. Pity then that you failed, as for example you write "then we could a least try to initiate an adult discourse" which is grammatically incorrect. Also, when did a smiley form part of any sentence, you seem to be mixing up text speak with correct English, but they aren't the same buddy boy. I give you a D minus and an A for effort, but you still get to wear the dunce hat and sit in the corner.

But if you seem to think your English teacher would have a field day with the PH post's poor quality of English, then you maths teacher would have had a field day with you for not presenting any statistical evidence whatsoever to show that the quality of English of the PH posts is any worse than that of the others.

So come on, lets have some evidence.

That's enough with the spelling police thanks

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

Well have a go at these bliny, stroganov, kasha, kissel, paskha, rassohlik, something to be going on with, it's not to do with just one dish it's to do with Russian restaurant's give one a try they are not very welcoming I did 5 week's ago and was given the cold shoulder ended up walking out hungry. Went to Jomtiem and all the good restaurant's were flooded with R's and the staff not to mention the tourist's were also not welcoming in fact made it obvious so much so my Thai wife wanted to get out asap. Mark my word's three year's at the most it'll be welcome to the Rouble something to think about.

N/B I lived in Pat's for over 8 year's and as I'm now an outsider I see these things at once. It's changed and I must say not for the better.

I still notice though that the same reply's keep coming up if you don't like it don't come not very inventive or constructive come to that.

I'm not a hater of Pat's I like the place but am very worried about the way thing's are going there. And so should you all be.

I would not say to you do not like it, do not come.

I will only say,, look in the mirror and think why everyone, everywhere you go, gives you and your wife cold shoulder and ignores the pair of you?

I do not seem to have this problem anywhere i go, but then again i do not walk around with superiority complex on my shoulders

I will only say,, look in the mirror and think why everyone, everywhere you go, gives you and your wife cold shoulder and ignores the pair of you?

I do not seem to have this problem anywhere i go, but then again i do not walk around with superiority complex on my shoulders

Sorry but you already did in and earlier post go check I believe your word's were do not even need to visit same same. Something I don't have is a superiority complex I lived in Pat's for over 8 year's for Buddha sake, just wait three year's or so and you'll see what I suggest will maybe have come to pass, I hope I'm not right but I think I am. A lot has changed since I lived there and most of it in the last two year's. I now think it's lost it's friendliness big shame.

Edited by fredob43

Sorry but you already did in and earlier post go check I believe your word's were do not even need to visit same same. Something I don't have is a superiority complex I lived in Pat's for over 8 year's for Buddha sake, just wait three year's or so and you'll see what I suggest will maybe have come to pass, I hope I'm not right but I think I am. A lot has changed since I lived there and most of it in the last two year's. I now think it's lost it's friendliness big shame.

I now think it's lost it's friendliness big shame.

I dont know about friendliness, but its definitlely lost its "sanook" factor, yes it can still be found, but its becoming increasingly harder to find.

I am a creature of habit and tend to use the same old places over and over again, because I know exactly what I can expect.

Surly service, my shit dont stink attitude, money money money, snide comments made in Thai they think we dont understand, Beach Rd now best avoided, heaven help you if you want to turn left from Beach Rd up some side soi to get to second Rd, almost impossible at times, scammers everywhere.

The latest ones I encountered were XXXXXXX with some dodgy looking orphange photos and some even dodgier looking "official" badges, first thing that gave them away was the English accent, no amulet round their neck, when spoken to in Thai they couldnt answer, "no need for Thai I can speak English", yeah I know, but you cant speak Thai, stupid smile and off they went.

And so it goes on.

• Like 1

I now think it's lost it's friendliness big shame.

I dont know about friendliness, but its definitlely lost its "sanook" factor, yes it can still be found, but its becoming increasingly harder to find.

I am a creature of habit and tend to use the same old places over and over again, because I know exactly what I can expect.

Surly service, my shit dont stink attitude, money money money, snide comments made in Thai they think we dont understand, Beach Rd now best avoided, heaven help you if you want to turn left from Beach Rd up some side soi to get to second Rd, almost impossible at times, scammers everywhere.

The latest ones I encountered were XXXXXXX with some dodgy looking orphange photos and some even dodgier looking "official" badges, first thing that gave them away was the English accent, no amulet round their neck, when spoken to in Thai they couldnt answer, "no need for Thai I can speak English", yeah I know, but you cant speak Thai, stupid smile and off they went.

And so it goes on.

That is some of the thing's that I have been trying to point out but no one's at home.

As an update the restaurant I went to in Jomtiem was the one between 5&6 been load's of time's maybe it was because I was with my Thai wife but I found the snigger's for the other peep's in there very off putting some one would say something in Rusky and other's would look round and giggle not very nice Glad to say I don't speak Rusky so what was said I don't know other wise it could have gone off big time, surfice to say it didn't make me feel very welcome. N/B I was the only falang in there with a Thai woman at the time and I shall not be rushing back. I'll be back to Pat's maybe but not for some time but not Jomtiem or Nakluea come to that. It's all getting a bit to much.

Edited by fredob43

Yes I have observed that kind of group mocking behavior from gaggles of Russkies in Pattaya/Jomtien. Especially directed at ladyboys. I don't think anyone is saying that there aren't some unpleasant things going on in town. As far as the fears of the Russians taking over and there being only Russian food for sale and non-Russians not welcome, I can't really take that fear too seriously, and at least there will always be Thai food!

Yes I have observed that kind of group mocking behavior from gaggles of Russkies in Pattaya/Jomtien. Especially directed at ladyboys. I don't think anyone is saying that there aren't some unpleasant things going on in town. As far as the fears of the Russians taking over and there being only Russian food for sale and non-Russians not welcome, I can't really take that fear too seriously, and at least there will always be Thai food!

I just pointed out how I had found thing's in Nakleua many R restaurant's now and thats in the last few year's not a bad thing in it's self I like all food but I just found that the attitude was not nice. The wife and I was asked to move from a table to another ok no problem then for some reason asked to move again and never once did we get offered a menu I must also point out that the restaurant was empty at the time.

Re the ladyboy's I have alway's found that they are great at serving peep's always funny now they do make the place worth coming to. They have a couple working in sea side 1 and they are always top notch all be it they are not some of the best one's about, in fact they look a bit like my dad. But a trite better than the wife. No one said life would be easy.

Edited by fredob43

Come on, guys. This thread is not about the price of milk and salami. It's about the abundance of Pattaya bashers who need to let everyone know about their feelings on a regular basis.

Some possible explanations on why they hate the place can be:

- A broken heart. Noi the bar girl wasn't faithful after all while you were away.

- A broken wallet. Noi the bar girl did not keep the house you bought her but sold it and ran away with a Dutch body builder.

- Envy. You're not allowed by the wife to go there, or you just can't afford it (or a combination of the two)

- A loathing of the local P4P scene.

-Fear (of what you'll become if you moved there)

And the reason they hate the place can't be because prices of living have risen beyond the price level at home for no justified reason, after they arrived here an blew up all the bridges to home ?

Come on JB the thread is about Pattaya haters not the price of groceries! really if that is all you hate about Pattaya why are you commenting on this thread? because you can have that argument about many parts of Thailand.

heres some groceries and prices

seen whilst shopping in pattaya today

post-81023-0-68734300-1369473807_thumb.j

post-81023-0-05913100-1369473886_thumb.j

post-81023-0-80367400-1369473942_thumb.j

Come on, guys. This thread is not about the price of milk and salami. It's about the abundance of Pattaya bashers who need to let everyone know about their feelings on a regular basis.

- A broken heart. Noi the bar girl wasn't faithful after all while you were away.

- A broken wallet. Noi the bar girl did not keep the house you bought her but sold it and ran away with a Dutch body builder.

- Envy. You're not allowed by the wife to go there, or you just can't afford it (or a combination of the two)

And the reason they hate the place can't be because prices of living have risen beyond the price level at home for no justified reason, after they arrived here an blew up all the bridges to home ?

Come on JB the thread is about Pattaya haters not the price of groceries! really if that is all you hate about Pattaya why are you commenting on this thread? because you can have that argument about many parts of Thailand.

Sorry mate but I hate processed food! send that to JB

They use British Pounds in Pattaya these days ?

Let me guess, it's not that you try to be funny because you failed that miserably, but you actually haven't been in Pattaya yet.

Let me guess, it's not that you try to be funny because you failed that miserably, but you actually haven't been in Pattaya yet.

you would guess wrong

i have probably been here longer than you

these pictures were taken by me today in Pattaya

i will repeat to you what i think you said to me in another thread

you should get out more.....

Where from my posts in this thread do you lay the link between me and processed food ?

The link is all your posts in this thread regarding groceries as against the thread heading "

Pattaya Haters Posting In The Pattaya Forum"

Edited by ozziebloke

Where from my posts in this thread do you lay the link between me and processed food ?

The link is all your posts in this thread regarding groceries as against the thread heading "

So groceries are processed foods these days? Thanks I learnt something today clap2.gif

you would guess wrong

i have probably been here longer than you

these pictures were taken by me today in Pattaya

i will repeat to you what i think you said to me in another thread

you should get out more.....

Well, as we don't know each other I doubt you know how if I'm here longer or not, but from another thread I just learnt that your wife took driving lessons when the gas was 3 Baht a liter so I guess that must have been in 1970 or something. Doubt they had driving schools in Pattaya at that time though whistling.gif

Anyway, you didn't respons to my remark as if they use British Pounds in Pattaya these days, since all the items in your pictures are priced in British Pounds.

Maybe you want to elaborate where those pictures were taken ?

So groceries are processed foods these days? Thanks I learnt something today clap2.gif

The pictures in blackmans post were of processed foods and seeing you were the one concentrating on the price of groceries in Pattaya that you would be the one to assign the reply to wai.gif

The pictures in blackmans post were of processed foods and seeing you were the one concentrating on the price of groceries in Pattaya that you would be the one to assign the reply to wai.gif

But you were wrong with your low by the ground remark that JB prefers processed foods.

Edited by jbrain