Yellow Book --- Tabian Ban

I just got one in Hang Dong needed the blue book copy of our marrage certiicate pass port copies one photo and two government employees for witnesses . Seems now all that goes to Bangkok and sent back to the district . Two weeks later they called went in head guy signed it and I was done. Oh needed a certificate of residence from Thai immigration as well .....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UbonJoe is correct, head to your local office and ask the requirements.

Depending on where you will be living and what the Amphur requires, be ready to wait for it.

I know guys who have picked them up after a week and me who picked mine up last week with a wait of 6 months.

I hope you have an easier time than me.

biggrin.png

Both my first and my second 'Yellow Book' were simply the fallout of buying a house. The developer had a list of documents needed to purchase. We paid in installments as the houise was being built and my yellow book was handed over with the Blue book as we took posession.

I just got one in Hang Dong needed the blue book copy of our marrage certiicate pass port copies one photo and two government employees for witnesses . Seems now all that goes to Bangkok and sent back to the district . Two weeks later they called went in head guy signed it and I was done. Oh needed a certificate of residence from Thai immigration as well .....

Mine was made on the spot, done in half an hour and than the boss of the teesabaan had to sign. That took a bit longer as he was in a meeting, but they delivered my yellow book to me at home the same day. It's nice living in a small community.

• Like 1

I am living in Takhli 8 months a year , not married , living at my girlfriends house , have a 1 year visa (retirement visa ) . No problem for me to obtain the yellow book last year . Posted Image

Taksai nontuburi? What documents and hiw long did it take

Thanks for the info

Sent from my GT-I9300

I am living in Takhli 8 months a year , not married , living at my girlfriends house , have a 1 year visa (retirement visa ) . No problem for me to obtain the yellow book last year . wai2.gif

Thanks for the info

Sent from my GT-I9300

As i can remember i had copy of my passport, proof of adress from Nakhon Sawan immigration , Bluebook from my girlfriend and her id card. Thats it. Got my yellowbook after 1 week.

Edited by John Egil

I was informed at the Amphur on koh samui that the cost of putting me in a yellow book was 10,000 baht by one of the women. ended up not needing the yellow book anyway, but has anyone else had to pay for a book ?

Officially, I believe therei no charge. I personally paid nothing for my yellow book, issued in North Thailand. Maybe your Amphur are looking to have a party.

bet they would not invite me, despite being a benefactor !

Sorry. In my haste with your reply I missed out 1 word in The last sentence. It should read: 'Maybe your Amphur Office are looking to have a party.'

Anyhow, I am sure that the message is clear.

I am living in Takhli 8 months a year , not married , living at my girlfriends house , have a 1 year visa (retirement visa ) . No problem for me to obtain the yellow book last year . Posted Image

Thanks for the info

Sent from my GT-I9300

As i can remember i had copy of my passport, proof of adress from Nakhon Sawan immigration , Bluebook from my girlfriend and her id card. Thats it. Got my yellowbook after 1 week.

Ok thsnks for the info

Cheets

Sent from my GT-I9300

We registered our marriage at the Amphur in Khamcha-I as that was were we were married.

We will go talk with them when we arrive in August.

S.B.

Is that Khamcha-I in Mukdahan?

just add i did mine two weeks ago,

passport, no translation needed

marriage certificate

kids birth certificate

blue book

id cards

expect interview you, the wife, the (man of the house) first or second page of blue book, plus village chief.

cost mine was free, and it got delivered by the guy in charge of the amphur.

simple,

• Like 1

just add i did mine two weeks ago,

passport, no translation needed

marriage certificate

kids birth certificate 

blue book

id cards 

expect interview  you, the wife, the (man of the house) first or second page of blue book, plus village chief.

cost mine was free, and it got delivered by the guy in charge of the amphur.

simple,

Thanks where was that?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300

Just after we married at the Ampher I asked for yellow book.

The Supervisor said, must have "official" (whatever that is?) translation of passport, no need to legalize at MOF in BKK. I argued that all info in all marriage papers are legally translated ready available. The man gave me a copy of regulations (Thai). Translation PP needed, point.

On the Net some "translator" offered to do for BHT800 which I refused for obvious reasons.

Once in Ubon one lady from a bookstore made a good looking printed translation that came with a copy of her ID within an hour for BHT100.

Next time at Ampher with translation and the regular copies from the folder we always bring, I got the yellow housebook instantly free of charge, no photos needed, witnesses always there as the ladies know my wife for a long time and me as well for some time.

Ok went to aumpur today and they will afterall add me to the blue book (go figure!! )

Just need paper to verify where ii live - from immigration I guess?

And one witness done deal

Sent from my GT-I9300

you are new to thailand YOU can not be added to the BLUE book, your name can be added as a father of a child, but means nothing, the yellow book means YOU are Registered in the Thai system, and can be used for a lot of things but as a non thai YOU CAN NOT be REGISTERD IN THE BLUE BOOK

• Like 1

Ok went to aumpur today and they will afterall add me to the blue book (go figure!! )

Sent from my GT-I9300

you are new to thailand YOU can not be added to the BLUE book, your name can be added as a father of a child, but means nothing, the yellow book means YOU are Registered in the Thai system, and can be used for a lot of things but as a non thai YOU CAN NOT be REGISTERD IN THE BLUE BOOK

Now this looks really strange to me, you can only be registered in blue Thabian baan if you are a permanent resident...correct me if I am wrong?

Sent from my GT-I9300

you are new to thailand      YOU can not be added to the BLUE book,  your name can be added as a father of a child, but means nothing, the yellow book means YOU are Registered in the Thai system, and can be used for a lot of things but as a non thai YOU CAN NOT be REGISTERD IN THE BLUE BOOK  

Now this looks really strange to me, you can only be registered in blue Thabian baan if you are a permanent resident...correct me if I am wrong?

Understood but I guess the aumpur knows us we where married there 12 plus years ago anf uave been going in time to time. Again untill I see the finished book later this week I still think iy will be yellow lol will update you once I get it back

To get the letter from immigration anything special I need to take? I guess the have all my files as again been going there once a year for the past 10 years to do the yearly marriage visa.

Thanks gor your help

Sent from my GT-I9300

I think the confusion arises in that they both say, in Thai, "Copy of Thabian Baan" (i.e. House Registration) on the front cover.

They are absolutely identical documents (except the one with the yellow cover, for non-Thais, has ท.ร. 13 in the top right hand corner of the cover and the blue covered one, for Thais, ท.ร. 14).

R21

PS Apologies if the Thai font doesn't display correctly.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Route21

Sent from my GT-I9300

Understood but I guess the aumpur knows us we where married there 12 plus years ago anf uave been going in time to time. Again untill I see the finished book later this week I still think iy will be yellow lol will update you once I get it back

To get the letter from immigration anything special I need to take? I guess the have all my files as again been going there once a year for the past 10 years to do the yearly marriage visa.

Thanks gor your help

Sent from my GT-I9300

ok the system is very simple it all to do with censure and tracking, blue book for thai ,yellow book and tm ?? can not remember number for reporting address, it only be comes complated if 1 single falang condo entiteled to blue book because book issude against condo 2 falang have child, chils thai needs to be in blue book who is father.3 have resedent can get own book. please read old post about this YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YELLOW BOOK BY LAW

Sent from my GT-I9300

you are new to thailand      YOU can not be added to the BLUE book,  your name can be added as a father of a child, but means nothing, the yellow book means YOU are Registered in the Thai system, and can be used for a lot of things but as a non thai YOU CAN NOT be REGISTERD IN THE BLUE BOOK  

Thanks gor your help

Sent from my GT-I9300

ok the system is very simple it all to do with censure and tracking,    blue book for thai ,yellow book and tm ?? can not remember number for reporting address, it only be comes complated if 1 single falang condo entiteled to blue book  because book issude against condo 2 falang have child, chils thai needs to be in blue book who is father.3 have resedent  can get own book.  please read old post about this YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YELLOW BOOK BY LAW   

Agreed I will be insisting on the yellow non-thai 13 book :)

Sent from my GT-I9300

Some other things that might be of interest, related to the House Registration books:

Everyone is entered on a separate page of their blue/yellow book, complete with a 13-digit "ID" number, their parent's 1st names (but not surnames) and nationalities (and "ID" numbers, if Thai). It also notes the previous registered address of those "registered".

So, although a foreigner may not be "registered" in a "blue-book", their 1st name and nationality could appear as a named parent of someone who is "registered" in a "blue-book".

R21

Some other things that might be of interest, related to the House Registration books:

Everyone is entered on a separate page of their blue/yellow book, complete with a 13-digit "ID" number, their parent's 1st names (but not surnames) and nationalities (and "ID" numbers, if Thai). It also notes the previous registered address of those "registered".

So, although a foreigner may not be "registered" in a "blue-book", their 1st name and nationality could appear as a named parent of someone who is "registered" in a "blue-book".

R21

Oh ok so I think that is the meaning then so looks like can do both but will now focus on the yellow one

Sent from my GT-I9300

TR 13 yellow book is for foreigners on temporary visas and illegal immigrants with special permission to remain.

TR 14 blue book is Thai citizens and permanent residents with Alien Certificate (red book).

This is taken from the Department of Provincial Administration's Handbook on Civil Registration and Nationality 2011 http://www.dopabook.com:8085/ebook/view.jsp?id_PageBook=28201&booktype=2

Some officials seem happy to put foreigners on temporary visas into blue books in spite of regulations. Not sure why.

Ok after going there on Monday and giving:

1) Blue book

2) Copy passport (I had a certified translation so gave that also)

3) Copy/Original Birth cert. (Again translated)

4) Marrige cert.

5) Kids birth Cert.

The
nice lady from the Aumpur called already this morning saying she need
some orginal name change documents (as wife changed name - as Thais do)
and then she will finish Friday so I would have to go in to be
interviewed (just asking a few questions) and I can take the book that
day!

Cost zero Baht!

Edited by chrisbinbkk99

Some officials seem happy to put foreigners on temporary visas into blue books in spite of regulations. Not sure why.

Because they will loose face if they admit that they don't understand / know the rules

Probably true. They do seem to be a lazy bunch of people, if they can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes looking up an unfamiliar procedure in the manual.