Airplane Painted To Look Like A Clown Fish

bendejo

A few weeks ago, while passing Don Muang, I saw from the bus window a few airliners painted to look like a clown fish. Does anyone know which company this is?

For those who are wondering, this is what a clown fish looks like.

post-12743-0-55660200-1369411400_thumb.j

Just few weeks ago I took an AirAsia plane that was painted with Expedia logo all over.....commecial income.!!!

Wow, never seen that, but then I confess I don't see many AirAsia airplanes. Good marketing ploy I guess. Bet they make a pretty penny off that, too bad the passengers of that airplane don't get a discount on drinks or something!

Some creative liveries biggrin.png

Just out of curiosityy anyone know how much it costs for a paint job on a plane

I think there may be far too many variables to cover any/all bases? Type of aircraft, design - obviously some of these liveries may be time-consuming, where the works is done...

I did find this quote from a recent article:

Because aircraft manufacturers typically provide an airline's chosen paint job as part of the purchase price, American will be getting a lot of free paint as it takes delivery of hundreds of new aircraft in the coming years. But it also intends to repaint its existing planes that it plans to retain, Mr. Horton said. A 777 paint job can cost $100,000 to $200,000, depending on the number of colors involved, and a smaller Airbus A320 can cost $50,000 or more.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323968304578247681812331570.html

I think that for co-marketing arrangements the partner contributes to the cost, and/or pays a fee for a fixed period which allows the carrier to cover the costs?

Most on the interwebs say these DD aircraft (HS-DBH and HS-DBJ) are indeed painted to represent clownfish, and yes we all know what "Nok" means.

HS-DBJ, aka Nok Raroeng, is referred to as Nok Nemo.

Perhaps reinforcing this perception, HS-DBH is named "Nok Cartoon"?