Scum Tourists Propositioning (And Insulting) One Of My Thai Friends

davidst01

I'm sure it's not the first time a non working girl has been propositioned and I'm sure it won't be the last. Why all the fuss?

Strictly speaking it's sexual harassment. My wife and a good looking member of the family, school teacher, have been approached by Westerners in the street for sexual services on a number of occasions. They do not consider the approach as amusing or a compliment, but a major irritation. These idiots should constrain themselves to use the thousands of venues (bar beers etc) set up for prostitution. I bet they would boast about their “pick up” skills when paying for sex.

BTW my wife and her neice just ignore being approached, but both say it is really annoying to have to deal with this behaviour.

Sexual harassment is an ongoing series of events from one person on another.

Strictly speaking a random encounter with a guy only once most definitely isn't sexual harassment.

As no physical contact took place, I don't think it counts as a crime in any way on the part of the men.

Unless you count her taking the money, which may be considered soliciting, and an arrestable offence for her in the US the moment she took the money.

If a policeman had seen her accept the money in the US, she would most certainly have been arrested and booked for prostitution.

If she has objections to being approached as a prostitute, then she should take it up with the Thai government, who for years have allowed the entire world to view it as a whore-house. Not to mention the Thai women who sell themselves in countries across the world. The best thing respectable Thai women can do is not hang out in resorts, clubs, cities, roads, places where there are foreigners. Plenty of towns and roads in Thailand without foreigners.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If a policeman had seen her accept the money in the US, she would most certainly have been arrested and booked for prostitution.

Everyday one will stumble along a simple sentence that reinforces one's happiness at not living in America.

• Like 1

I'd be just as inclined to aportion blame to the millions of thai women that have and do sell themselves for money and have given this wonderful place it's reputation that it is famous for worldwide.

You mean the Thai smile?????whistling.gif

• Like 1

I'd be just as inclined to aportion blame to the millions of thai women that have and do sell themselves for money and have given this wonderful place it's reputation that it is famous for worldwide.

Thai women?

Nearly all prostitutes are Cambodian, Laos or Burmese and are here to serve pervert Westerners.

Prostitution in Thailand has very little to do with Thais and everything to do with immoral foreigners.

Have you never listened to a Thai's opinion on it?

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Salapoo
  • Like 2

try living in pattaya - blokes look my bird up and down like they are buying a cow.......begins to grate after a time.....

Move then.

It'll be nothing compared to what some Thai men (especially those key-ring bearing, 5 amulet wearing types) will say about her, often right in front of her (and your) face...

The behaviour displayed in the OP (if true, though I have seen similar things happen many times) is not in any way limited to Westerners - tourists or otherwise.

• Like 1

Yup, that's life OP.

I was in big c in a thai neighbourhood today and a thai guy with his girlfriend pointed out 'mun farang' obviosly thinking I cant speak thai. I just laughed.

Point being your friend needs to get on with her life because there are idiots everywhere.

So they were talking about potatoes and you thought they were talking about you? Great Thai skills mate!

No mate, the previous post about it being in the fruit section was a joke. I would have thought that everyone knows that farang also mean guava, as in the fruit.

It was actually exiting Big C into the car park and they were walking towards/past me.

Uneducated and angry, quite a combo you got going on there. smile.png

lol. I guess you didn't know that "man farang" meant "potatoes"at the time then. Classic. Posting on Thaivisa that you think strangers are talking about you when they are just trying to find some vegetables.

And the OP is a lying troll who should be banned for creating a pathetic thread like this.

Yup, that's life OP.

I was in big c in a thai neighbourhood today and a thai guy with his girlfriend pointed out 'mun farang' obviosly thinking I cant speak thai. I just laughed.

Point being your friend needs to get on with her life because there are idiots everywhere.

So they were talking about potatoes and you thought they were talking about you? Great Thai skills mate!

No mate, the previous post about it being in the fruit section was a joke. I would have thought that everyone knows that farang also mean guava, as in the fruit.

It was actually exiting Big C into the car park and they were walking towards/past me.

My apologies mate, I would have thought that everyone with a basic understanding of Thai would know that Mun Farang means potato!

Maybe he uses too much hair gel. tongue.png

• Like 1

I'm sure it's not the first time a non working girl has been propositioned and I'm sure it won't be the last. Why all the fuss?

I've never seen it personally and I still have to ask if we are being royally trolled, The whole 'hunting in packs' BS sounds more like something that might happen in a nightlife precinct in Australia, but I simply havent seen it in Thailand - if it does happen, how many sane people would be willing to risk either Police or locals responding to obvious attempts to intimidate 'civilians' ? Even in the bars, by the time the 'cavemen' get to this stage they seem more interested in fighting than fornicating. My policy is simple - I avoid any bar with a large proportion of loud Farang, regardless of how 'happy' they might seem. I'm also happy that I dont support any team in the EPL biggrin.png

I think I've just worked out what the troll motivation was.

Yup, that's life OP.

lol. I guess you didn't know that "man farang" meant "potatoes"at the time then. Classic. Posting on Thaivisa that you think strangers are talking about you when they are just trying to find some vegetables.

And the OP is a lying troll who should be banned for creating a pathetic thread like this.

Just because someone starts a thread, they are not necessarily a troll. This thread seems to have been quite popular, judging by the number of people who have kindly contributed, including your good self.

SC

I'm going to start a rival thread.

"I was walking down the street and a Thai ladyboy propositioned me, I don't even look gay"

Oh would some power the gift to gie us

To see ourselves as others see us

• Like 2

I don't believe the OP.

Thais don't disrespect money (with the King on)

what a load of old twaddle.

while the image of the king is on money, not every thai is hyper-aware of this fact.

contrary to popular belief in this neck of woods, not all thais share the same mind.

With the reputation Thailand has of being the worlds largest brothel,

and with the abundance of sex-workers here,

it can be confusing for visitors to distinguish between hoe and non-hoe.

But just about everyone WILL get the hint if she dress like an office girl, or more classy clothes

She met 4 guys on the street and one of them made her an offer, money for sex. She accepted, then it was clarified she was going to have to service the 3 friends too, 4 for the price of one, a gangbang, so she changed her mind and made a scene.

• Like 1

Met a European gal who was studying at Chulalongkorn a few years back, and she claimed that Thai men are even worse than bar girls - she admitted to falling for their BS initially but quickly learnt to 'love em and leave em', The 'Thai man no good' stereotype is an oldie, but how many young guys in their position would want to settle down with one woman, particularly surrounded by honeys at a university ? Even here in Oz, it was bloody distracting with so many nubiles wandering around campus. Cant say that blonde hair is an automatic turn-on for me, but I suspect that it left her with no shortage of Thai admirers ;)

Please give her an excuse from the farang community, and please let her know, we are not all idiots!

Not all,but there are few more here - banzai99,DiNiro...

Edited by moonray

Couple of years ago similar incident was recorded on video in Pattaya,it was available on youtube,but link,which I have, doesnt work anymore.

Well - it was about violence:asaulted girl had turned nasty and kicked sh!#%t out of moron-farang,he was with friends - they did not help him,

he was left defeated and measerable - crying in pain.May be - somebody have working link?It was broadcasted in OZ tv.It was very funny violence.

i dont quite believe her story,why didnt she just put the money in her bag and walk on,they couldnt do anything about it,,putting it on a childs website like facebook,is only looking for attention me thinks,,,,,move on girl,,

if women dont want shouting at at in the street , they should stop wearing T1TS in public ....

.... please 4give me only having joke over breakfast , being light hearted ...

It's fake, only padding. What you see is not what you get. I call it a scam.

136.jpg

Some people Think that Thailand is only for a sex holiday, and no matter what you say you will not change there one track Small minds.

But then again, they promote Walking Street in Pattaya with all the sex Bars and clubs, go on You tube take a look < So I suppose you cannot have

it both ways.

Edited by Thongkorn

Some people Think that Thailand is only for a sex holiday, and no matter what you say you will not change there one track Small minds.

But then again, they promote Walking Street in Pattaya with all the sex Bars and clubs, go on You tube take a look < So I suppose you cannot have

it both ways.

May be we could start asking Thai police /government as to why they turn a blind eye to selling their women at every street corner and even promote them as asset for tourism

Thai women?

Nearly all prostitutes are Cambodian, Laos or Burmese and are here to serve pervert Westerners.

Prostitution in Thailand has very little to do with Thais and everything to do with immoral foreigners.

Have you never listened to a Thai's opinion on it?

Posted Image

I take your comments on Thai prostitutes and immoral foreigners as a sarcasm "fail".

Would that be correct ?

I'm guessing the OP's greatly exaggerated feelings of disgust are probably over the fact that he's been desperately trying to get into the lady in question's knickers but hasn't managed it yet!

Move on or head for Nana/Soi Cowboy to relieve those frustrations my friend!

Far as I remember OP has a girlfriend who's told him her father is a policeman, and he asked TV members why she told him, if he should fear. Also there was something with a FamilyMart chick, forgot the details. It's confusing all those issues he has with girls. :wacko:

Keeps him/her/it/them in the news though, don't it ;-?

The only reason she is complaining is because she didn't like them.

I'm sure she wouldn't be so shocked and outraged if Brad Pitt had offered her a bit of cash for a shag.

i dont quite believe her story,why didnt she just put the money in her bag and walk on,they couldnt do anything about it,,putting it on a childs website like facebook,is only looking for attention me thinks,,,,,move on girl,,

Aren't most ladies posting on FB just to get attention?