Scum Tourists Propositioning (And Insulting) One Of My Thai Friends

davidst01

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it's not the first time a non working girl has been propositioned and I'm sure it won't be the last. Why all the fuss?

Strictly speaking it's sexual harassment. My wife and a good looking member of the family, school teacher, have been approached by Westerners in the street for sexual services on a number of occasions. They do not consider the approach as amusing or a compliment, but a major irritation. These idiots should constrain themselves to use the thousands of venues (bar beers etc) set up for prostitution. I bet they would boast about their “pick up” skills when paying for sex.

BTW my wife and her neice just ignore being approached, but both say it is really annoying to have to deal with this behaviour.

Sexual harassment is an ongoing series of events from one person on another.

Strictly speaking a random encounter with a guy only once most definitely isn't sexual harassment.

As no physical contact took place, I don't think it counts as a crime in any way on the part of the men.

Unless you count her taking the money, which may be considered soliciting, and an arrestable offence for her in the US the moment she took the money.

If a policeman had seen her accept the money in the US, she would most certainly have been arrested and booked for prostitution.

If she has objections to being approached as a prostitute, then she should take it up with the Thai government, who for years have allowed the entire world to view it as a whore-house. Not to mention the Thai women who sell themselves in countries across the world. The best thing respectable Thai women can do is not hang out in resorts, clubs, cities, roads, places where there are foreigners. Plenty of towns and roads in Thailand without foreigners.

I've just got back reading these post's and this would have to be the most ignorent and juvinile statement I have seen in a very very long time "The best thing respectable Thai women can do is not hang out in resorts, clubs, cities, roads, places where there are foreigners. Plenty of towns and roads in Thailand without foreigners." I get the feeling you just like to post anything just to get some posts up. I highlited part of your statement but your whole post was disgusting and shows what you think of woman and especially Thai women.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's not the first time a non working girl has been propositioned and I'm sure it won't be the last. Why all the fuss?

Strictly speaking it's sexual harassment. My wife and a good looking member of the family, school teacher, have been approached by Westerners in the street for sexual services on a number of occasions. They do not consider the approach as amusing or a compliment, but a major irritation. These idiots should constrain themselves to use the thousands of venues (bar beers etc) set up for prostitution. I bet they would boast about their “pick up” skills when paying for sex.

BTW my wife and her neice just ignore being approached, but both say it is really annoying to have to deal with this behaviour.

Sexual harassment is an ongoing series of events from one person on another.

Strictly speaking a random encounter with a guy only once most definitely isn't sexual harassment.

As no physical contact took place, I don't think it counts as a crime in any way on the part of the men.

Unless you count her taking the money, which may be considered soliciting, and an arrestable offence for her in the US the moment she took the money.

If a policeman had seen her accept the money in the US, she would most certainly have been arrested and booked for prostitution.

If she has objections to being approached as a prostitute, then she should take it up with the Thai government, who for years have allowed the entire world to view it as a whore-house. Not to mention the Thai women who sell themselves in countries across the world. The best thing respectable Thai women can do is not hang out in resorts, clubs, cities, roads, places where there are foreigners. Plenty of towns and roads in Thailand without foreigners.

I've just got back reading these post's and this would have to be the most ignorent and juvinile statement I have seen in a very very long time "The best thing respectable Thai women can do is not hang out in resorts, clubs, cities, roads, places where there are foreigners. Plenty of towns and roads in Thailand without foreigners." I get the feeling you just like to post anything just to get some posts up. I highlited part of your statement but your whole post was disgusting and shows what you think of woman and especially Thai women.

I thought it showed what I thought of male foreigners in Thailand.

Most respectable women will do anything to avoid meeting the type of male foreigners that usually come to Thailand.

(And I include respectable western women in that statement)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Also I can see that many of the posters on this thread only hang out in the areas where you will find these ladies that you love to misogynise or have not lived or just breifly visited or that you are just lemmings following the first ignorant d#ckhead that wanted to have a go at the OP. 99% of thai woman are not Prostitutes or have anything to do with the sex industry.

• Like 1

Also I can see that many of the posters on this thread only hang out in the areas where you will find these ladies that you love to misogynise or have not lived or just breifly visited or that you are just lemmings following the first ignorant d#ckhead that wanted to have a go at the OP. 99% of thai woman are not Prostitutes or have anything to do with the sex industry.

Yeah, I always think that when I talk to people who have had a holiday in Thailand and they say that Thailand is full of hookers. When I ask them where they went they say "Patpong, Pattaya, Patong" - oh that's why you think Thailand is full of hookers then.

• Like 1

99% ? Source ?

"An estimate by Dr. Nitet Tinnakul from Chulalongkorn University gives a total of 2.8 million sex workers in Thailand, including 2 million women, 20,000 adult males and 800,000 minors under the age of 18."

So 2.8 million out of 60 million Thai population gives 4.6%. And that includes men and children. Edited by rubberduck

@AOA

You stated that women should hide themselves away to avoid and allow the dog pack mentality that was described in the Op and in a way supported their behaviour "Sexual
harassment is an ongoing series of events from one person on another.
Strictly speaking a random encounter with a guy only once most
definitely isn't sexual harassment.
"

99% ? Source ?

60% sounds more reasonable to me.

Your source for 60%? mine was my judgement, what is yours? I think more of Thai woman than you! is all I can say

Edited by ozziebloke

I love Thai forums. smile.png

Ever notice there's always an angry nutter that pops out of nowhere.

Edited by Salapoo
  • Like 2

I love Thai forums. smile.png

Ever notice there's always an angry nutter that pops out of nowhere.

Yep hold your hand up!

@AOA

You stated that women should hide themselves away to avoid and allow the dog pack mentality that was described in the Op and in a way supported their behaviour "Sexual

harassment is an ongoing series of events from one person on another.

Strictly speaking a random encounter with a guy only once most

definitely isn't sexual harassment."

Mind you bloodpressure ! laugh.png

• Like 1

99% ? Source ?

"An estimate by Dr. Nitet Tinnakul from Chulalongkorn University gives a total of 2.8 million sex workers in Thailand, including 2 million women, 20,000 adult males and 800,000 minors under the age of 18."

So 2.8 million out of 60 million Thai population gives 4.6%. And that includes men and children.

Blood pressure is just fine Thanks wai.gif and looks by your edit that your 60% has turned into 4.6%

99% ? Source ?

So 2.8 million out of 60 million Thai population gives 4.6%. And that includes men and children.

70 million population now.

99% ? Source ?

Blood pressure is just fine Thanks wai.gif and looks by your edit that your 60% has turned into 4.6%

Just note that this was a report from 2004, estimate is that numbers have almost doubled by now so it should be little less then 10%. Camgirls are not included.

99% ? Source ?

Just note that this was a report from 2004, estimate is that numbers have almost doubled by now so it should be little less then 10%. Camgirls are not included.

What ever mate. If you want to jump on the misogynist, dog pack wagon thats your choice. 60% - 4.6% - 10%?

Most respectable women will do anything to avoid meeting the type of male foreigners that usually come to Thailand.

Thank you for speaking on behalf of all respectable women everywhere (western women included).....

99% ? Source ?

2.8 million workers in Thailand.

How many of these are Thai?

Thank you for speaking on behalf of all respectable women everywhere (western women included).....

My ewife still goes to Sukhumvit low number sois from time to time. She doesn't feel that the people around her affect her own morality. Maybe your wife is less confident

SC

99% ? Source ?

What ever mate. If you want to jump on the misogynist, dog pack wagon thats your choice. 60% - 4.6% - 10%?

Think you need to man up mate,put the feather duster down and tell the Sheila to go and grab some cold stubbies for ya!

Ozziebloke, I'd quit while you're behind. It's been downhill from the 99% 'judgement call' on - there are enough wowsers on TV, lets not tarnish the hard-won reputation of our Bronzed Aussie compatriots. Time to admit that we have genitalia, and occasionally make mistakes whilst pissed wink.png

Edited by MrWorldwide