Best Place To Meet Single Woman?

Gone

Soi 6 ,last i heard all those girls are single looking for a boyfriend.You do realise most will say they are single but have a few on the side ,remember this is pattaya

I have been in Thailand for 13 years and although you seem to not understand my OP, I am not and have never been interested in soi 6, or 7,8 etc. That is for your type maybe but not us residents.

Do you really think that 100% of the woman here in Pattaya are all prostitutes? Have you ever gone into a store, 7-11, Big-c etc? Maybe not by the sounds of your soi 6 post.

• Like 1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes internet is a good way to go these days however you are missing the point. I was thinking of virtual socializing, having a beer in REAL, eating, playing pool, dancing etc.

THAT is what my OP is all about but thanks for the suggestion regarding the internet. At least you are sane lol. However 99% is also BS on the date sites.

Maybe down to Leo's tonight but even that is loud and if you are not jamming it's not so much fun. GREAT music though and at least something to do.

I have always thought that if someone was to open a "Singles Bar" here in Pattaya and monitored it for free-lancers etc. that they would do quite well. There are a lot of nice single normal working woman here in Pattaya that would love to meet a farang but are not into the disco scene.

I would be highly suspicious of any "single" women going to places like this in Pattaya.

Scouting work places is probably your safest bet. At least you know what they do for work.

• Like 1

I have always thought that if someone was to open a "Singles Bar" here in Pattaya and monitored it for free-lancers etc. that they would do quite well. There are a lot of nice single normal working woman here in Pattaya that would love to meet a farang but are not into the disco scene.

I would be highly suspicious of any "single" women going to places like this in Pattaya.

Scouting work places is probably your safest bet. At least you know what they do for work.

Tropo, see my previous post regarding the "social aspect" as well

Tropo, see my previous post regarding the "social aspect" as well

Yes, I understand. I just cant see that any place set up for meeting single women could work in Pattaya. There'd be too many crafty women masquerading as "single".

Right on ! This way at least you know what they do during the day.

Cheers.

Good topic, OP.

I never even knew there were any discos on 3rd rd. Shows how often I go into the big city I guess lol.

It's my impression that, while I'm sure farangs are welcome, they're not always welcome, depending on the mood of the patrons at the time. I would feel more comfortable if I went to one of these Thai discos on 3rd Road with other Thais. Also, I'd think you'd have to have passable Thai, too.

In my view, a "singles bar" environment is just too in your face. You want a bar that people want to go to for many reasons, good drinks, good service, good entertainment, pool tables, nice patrons. After that a bar might earn a good reputation for meeting new people.

In my experience, normal business office girls, say in their 30s, would not set toe in a bar, especially where foreigners go. It's just not done. If they are used to the bar scene, they're also used to other related activities. The younger ones, though, might be more attuned to the bar scene.

I think the only avenue in a place like Pattaya is, as a poster said above, take advantage of happy incidents on the street or office. But you have to be quick. I really never was adept as this.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Join a church. I've heard it's a great place to pick up women because they assume you are a godly type and their guards are down. If you go to the Catholic Cathedral you can meet hi-so Thai Chinese Catholics but they will be well protected by family. Also some low hanging fruit Filipinas, daughters of hotel musicians etc. At the non-conformist churches you meet less wealthy women but less well protected.

Biggest problem about Pattaya.

Unfortunately most foreigners here are stigmatized as being (relative) short term visitors out for either outright paid sex, or at best a holiday fling.

Bangkok tends to be much more suited for finding a partner.

There are several area's frequented by regular workers, and with a much larger percentage of real working expats as opposed to tourists, along with the fact that a lot of the Thai workers have professional contacts with expats, foreigners are much more seen as acceptable life partners.

I think so far the best tip indeed would be networking events, where one can assume most attendees being professionals in rather more mundane occupations :P

n

Not sure how many available prospects though!

• Like 1

Also some low hanging fruit Filipinas, daughters of hotel musicians etc.

What do you mean by that?

Stay out of the churches, please.

Edited by tropo

Churches: No thanks. I'm into Buddhism a long time before I came to Thailand. You can keep your "low hanging fruit Filipios thanks. I live in Thailand because I like Thais.

Discos: Actually we are welcome in any disco but we pay where Thai's don't. AGAIN, to loud for me.

Foreigners as short term tourists: Actually that is why PJ Pool bar was good. People on the dark side tend to be more long term residents. And yes Bangkok of course has more options however I am in Pattaya.

Kaoboi Bebobp: I do agree that a "singles bar" is kind of in your face and seems like a pressure type bar. Again the "on the street" scenario is NOT the social aspect I was trying to get at.

Meeting woman at their workplace: This again is a good idea but AGAIN it takes away from the social aspect I keep trying to get at like after dinner in the evening going out to socialize and not just to pick up woman. Also this is what "conversation" is for and getting to know someone over a cold beer (or Spy) you can use your conversational skills to just ask them what they do etc. etc. etc.

I can see by my post that it is obvious that Pattaya needs something like this but to me I would like to see it on the dark side and again having an "Open Mic Jam" (not a karaoke) would be perfect for this as I know there are a lot of talented musicians around here that are single and the change of music gives people an opportunity to ask woman to dance to certain songs etc. Throw in some GREAT food and Bob's your uncle, you have a great Bar/Restaurant.

If I was the owner of the Pool bar (or similar),I would try to get the proper licence to do this type of thing.

Come on all you single musicians let's pitch in and buy a place like this. hahahha Well someone should any ways.

OP what has become of the Girlfriend from merely 10 days ago that you were setting up to sell hamburgers ? Or you're building a hamburger chain already?

If you must know, she is working her old job back in Bkk now setting up stages and doing events for Superstars. It was slow for awhile but now she went back. I don't want to live in Bkk and she doesn't want to live in Pattaya so we remain great friends.

I seem to see a lot of 'aspirational' Thai girls cruising Coffee shops like Starbuck's on beach road during the daylight hours, as whether or not they are 'professionals' I can't really tell, but they seem to target the younger tourists, the type that would hire a jetskis/motorbikes

Quote: If I was the owner of the Pool bar (or similar),I would try to get the proper license to do this type of thing.

Save your money With all due respect I think you would lose your ass on this adventure. With women so easy to find through all the outlets you would be better opening an internet shop in BKK for the UNI. girls up there. Pattaya would be a straight up bust & 1 more bar rolling it up within 6 months & out of funds. On the other hand if you opened the bars you could pick up on your staff you would be required to have. If your just looking for company carouse around at least you get to see some women without to many borders on what you want. Most women in this area have very little difficulties finding a man. Only the introverted will be left out , but that being said I don't see that many super shy girls here. In the western countries bars are a good place to hook up- but you still have to use your big head instead of the small one. Here I am not to sure if barhopping to find a good long term prospect may be a little lame unless you don't mind the girl with 6 phones & you get to play chase. I think you catch the drift.

• Like 1

Gone,

I'm not sure I quite understand what you are looking for. Are you just looking for

a "short time" relationship, or for a "real" girlfriend ?

"short time" relationship, aka freelancers, can be found everywhere in pattaya.

Walking Street, Soi 6, 3rd road, basically anywhere where alcohol is served ...

If you are looking for a "real" girlfriend - go back to your home country ! lol

Thai "real" girlfriends will most likely expect you to support them and their families.

One in 1000 will have an actual good job that she would want to keep after becoming

your g/f.

If you are "OK" with the support thing, I personally would recommend internet dating.

There are many free services, and low cost services available.

Another option is to ask your friends with steady girlfriends. Usually they have a

long list of friends who want a farang boyfriend ...

Good Luck !!

luudee

• Like 1

Gone,

I'm not sure I quite understand what you are looking for. Are you just looking for

Thai "real" girlfriends will most likely expect you to support them and their families.

One in 1000 will have an actual good job that she would want to keep after becoming

your g/f.

If you are "OK" with the support thing, I personally would recommend internet dating.

Another option is to ask your friends with steady girlfriends. Usually they have a

Good Luck !!

luudee

Mate you need to get out of the bars more often. I have been here for 13 years serial, full time. I did the short time thing when I was my first 6 months. Maybe you should listen before you speak?

Try to read my OP again VERY slow this time ok?

Quote: If I was the owner of the Pool bar (or similar),I would try to get the proper license to do this type of thing.

Save your money With all due respect I think you would lose your ass on this adventure. With women so easy to find through all the outlets you would be better opening an internet shop in BKK for the UNI. girls up there. Pattaya would be a straight up bust & 1 more bar rolling it up within 6 months & out of funds. On the other hand if you opened the bars you could pick up on your staff you would be required to have. If your just looking for company carouse around at least you get to see some women without to many borders on what you want. Most women in this area have very little difficulties finding a man. Only the introverted will be left out , but that being said I don't see that many super shy girls here. In the western countries bars are a good place to hook up- but you still have to use your big head instead of the small one. Here I am not to sure if barhopping to find a good long term prospect may be a little lame unless you don't mind the girl with 6 phones & you get to play chase. I think you catch the drift.

Another guy that needs top get out of the bars and live here for awhile. Also please read my OP again but very slowly this time so you get it ok?

Gone,

your g/f.

Good Luck !!

luudee

Mate you need to get out of the bars more often. I have been here for 13 years serial, full time. I did the short time thing when I was my first 6 months. Maybe you should listen before you speak?

I read your original post "mate". You do not specify what you are looking for, except that you are looking for "single girls".

And as I recall the place you referring to used to have plenty of freelancers ...

I was trying to be helpful, and your response is plain out rude ...

Perhaps you should try to read my reply before you speak ? I have presented some reasonable options.

• Like 1

Baht Busses.

I have had many ladies chat me up on the BBs over the years, yes most are P4P but I assume not all, another place is music bars like Bamboos again I assume most are P4P but again I assume not all.

If you speak decent Thai, it will open lots of opportunities. Single friend of mine would strike it up with 'normal' Thai ladies most anywhere. Was very easy for him. And back in America he couldn't get the time of day. Speaking Thai increases the possibilities exponentially.

I've always thought the main lobby of international hospitals to have a pretty good talent pool of staff working in all the different departments: doctors, nurses, pharmacy workers, receptionists, etc. You'll have an excuse to talk to all of them and know they have a real job.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Gone,

your g/f.

Good Luck !!

luudee

There really wasn't any need to get nasty. I too was thinking exactly the same thing but was too afraid to ask...but now that it has been brought up already...

You've been here for 13 years and you're still looking for single girls, implying they must not be working girls. There are many guys who prey on naive, single girls, expecting free sex and then kick them to the curb. They make all sorts of promises to get under their skirts.

How about single working girls? Freelances can be single. At least they know the deal and won't become too emotionally involved.

You can socialize just fine with regular bargirls here. Why do they need to be single? Is it about free sex? It would have to be either about sex or relationships.

Just in case you're tempted to ask me to reread your OP, I read it twice, nice and slowly. tongue.png

free sex?

yes i think you nailed it Tropo

I like to pickup girls at I-bar/Insomnia/Marine Disco thumbsup.gif

Sure they are not high-so uni educated girls but I'm not looking for a long term relationship, I didn't move to Pattaya to end up in costly monogamous relationship with a girl that will never fully understand my culture and my mother tongue coffee1.gif

Otherwise I would say best way is random street encounters, wait for a smile and make your move.. a bit of chit chat, exchange of phone numbers and who knows what might happen. wink.png

That's a very intelligent reply.
Marine Disco? Back in the 80's it was the place for the best of the best slappers. Has it gone up-market then?

Tropo,

I did NOT say the Pool Bar had freelancers. I said it got a lot of single normal woman looking to meet guys and dance, play pool, have some drinks and enjoy the entertainment thats all. I'm sorry if you feel I was rude but it is very clear what I am looking for and everyone else ventures off into what THEY think I am looking for.

It's VERY simple folks, I was enquiring if there was any new venues like the one I just explained (Pool Bar) where single woman and men go to just enjoy a night out of socializing, dancing, music, food etc. Not all the woman at the pool bar went home with guys but they did enjoy a normal night out.

I don't give a rats ass about free sex (Not saying to you Tropo) and don't even care if I meet my future wife at a venue like I say. I'm looking for a good night out with woman and guys who are there for the same reason: To enjoy and maybe meet someone.

Another guy that needs top get out of the bars and live here for awhile. Also please read my OP again but very slowly this time so you get it ok?

Dude with all due respect you are looking more like a troll to everyone that is trying to give you answers. Just for your information the last time I went to a bar looking for a lady was in 2003 here on vacation. It was way easier to just strike up a conversation & get a date the old fashioned way. The way you are posting you do not seem to committal at all to a long term or a short time . Most of us are getting confused. Besides on a Pattaya post one sounds absolutely pathetic when you cant find a gal in a country that is most women & a town that sports tons of women of every background. And really don't get so over revved when you post .It shows poor netiquette & possibly why you are having problems meeting a girl. I hope for your sake you are a little smoother with the ladies.

• Like 2

It all depends what you are really after. I found that most of the single girls working anywhere. A hairstylist , bank girl, dental assistant store clerk etc. will usually never say no to you taking them out for lunch or dinner. This way you can avoid the freelancers & maybe meet a decent girl. I don't know about the internet. There are a lot of women here dialing for ATM's & really could care less about the person. If you meet a girl in a bar you really take your chances. Place where the players meet. So it is up to you what you are looking for. Word of advice: Be careful on your selection this is a shoppers market so you do not need to lunge at whatever comes your way. I hooked up with a Beautician that cut my hair & we have been together almost 10 years now.

Happy hunting!

'It's a buyers market'

Thanks for the reminder,

so many fail to consider this fact.

I hooked up with a Beautician that cut my hair & we have been together almost 10 years now.

Happy hunting!

I'm not making any comment about your situation specifically, but things are not always as they seem and I thought it wouldn't do any harm to mention it as a warning.

I know a lady who owns a salon here who uses it as a front to find foreigners. I knew what she was up to as she had cut my nails for years and used to tell me about her boyfriends. She knew I was married so she didn't consider me a prospect. Sometimes she'd be away for weeks at a time - she even took a trip to Europe. She was a smart operator - I'm sure she's not the only one. I could easily understand how a visitor would think they found a "good" one.

Edited by tropo