Stock Price Changes In Different Time Zones

for example if the broker got the order filled and likes it as much as you do while he knows there is no more price following or he can just using the spread to make a quick profit scalp in case he sees opportunity and then places the order again. The difference of knowing it is if you get a confirming ticket from your broker or from the exchange. Now that niche of cheating is very unlikely to happen if you self direct trades via a trading platform having realtime quotes but more likely possible if you do not have rt quotes and dealing via phone. If you deal via phone you can limit the chance of getting cheated in such a way by using a GTC (good til cancelled) order instead of an order which expires end of day or is valid for another specified time.

Hope you don't want to learn cheating:P

I still do not see how any cheating can occur in the example I gave. You are talking in generalities. Price is 10, order is purchase at 9 and price continues to drop to 8 and 7. Whether with broker or online your order is filled. What do you mean 'he knows there is no more price following'? He doesn't know that at all.

well, I do talk out of experience while you basically talk generalities with this.

PAC, any of your unspoken experiences is proven by= manipulation of Silver/Gold http://goo.gl/oduMr Really innocent? Manipulation of Libor, we all know about, suspected manipulation of oil prices http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-27/oil-price-manipulation-may-affect-millions-eu-official-says.html. The unexplored power of Bloomberg terminals, what do we know about how carefully news is worded, giving the message a more or less dramatic undertone, hidden codes causing vast movements??

PAC, any of your unspoken experiences is proven by= manipulation of Silver/Gold http://goo.gl/oduMr Really innocent? Manipulation of Libor, we all know about, suspected manipulation of oil prices http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-27/oil-price-manipulation-may-affect-millions-eu-official-says.html. The unexplored power of Bloomberg terminals, what do we know about how carefully news is worded, giving the message a more or less dramatic undertone, hidden codes causing vast movements??

price manipulation was always there and wil stay. The ways how it has been carried out have changed. Nevertheless something what everybody participating in the markets out of whatever reason has to learn living with. I do for example not read anymore else than price charts and a bit of volume changes in order to plan a trade or investment. No news or rumors and everything else that can potentially interfere with what I see in front of my nose. So when I take action and I see myself confirmed to a tendency in price change I might do some additional research if it makes sense but only if I want to improve a plan that I have clearly worked out before.

Definitely Libor is a hot topic to discuss manipulation on the largest scale in banking - not my cup of tea so to speak. Gold, Oil well not really important to me personally. Both are sentimental markets, one treated and marketed as an essential commodity which it isn't and the other one treated the same while selling the illusion that it will help you later when nothing else is there.

Regardless there are still many ways to make money in the markets by learning to swim not in front of the sharks mouth. Survive first and prosper later. Also of course with Gold and Oil.

In essence your are a chartist, that takes years of experience and a mathematical mind, my guess.

But nevertheless my question= what is a good information source on Asia? I am a recent fan of SeekingAlpha, I need a product , charts are not haptic enough. SeekingAlpha covers Asia too, but I wonder if it has enough indigenous touch? But perhaps i should be content with that, I am not dealing and wheeling.

In essence your are a chartist, that takes years of experience and a mathematical mind, my guess.

But nevertheless my question= what is a good information source on Asia? I am a recent fan of SeekingAlpha, I need a product , charts are not haptic enough. SeekingAlpha covers Asia too, but I wonder if it has enough indigenous touch? But perhaps i should be content with that, I am not dealing and wheeling.

I don't see much mathematics involved there (some important in the options markets though). I apply maths end of the week, month, ... counting the money I've made. Maths is limiting your views about changes.

I don't know what Seekingalpha is and also I rarely touch Asian markets except for sometimes. Having sold a thai ETF a few days ago and eyeing on Japan now monitoring some funds and hedging opportunities.

for example if the broker got the order filled and likes it as much as you do while he knows there is no more price following or he can just using the spread to make a quick profit scalp in case he sees opportunity and then places the order again. The difference of knowing it is if you get a confirming ticket from your broker or from the exchange. Now that niche of cheating is very unlikely to happen if you self direct trades via a trading platform having realtime quotes but more likely possible if you do not have rt quotes and dealing via phone. If you deal via phone you can limit the chance of getting cheated in such a way by using a GTC (good til cancelled) order instead of an order which expires end of day or is valid for another specified time.

I still do not see how any cheating can occur in the example I gave. You are talking in generalities. Price is 10, order is purchase at 9 and price continues to drop to 8 and 7. Whether with broker or online your order is filled. What do you mean 'he knows there is no more price following'? He doesn't know that at all.
well, I do talk out of experience while you basically talk generalities with this.
Clearly not on this example you cannot and vague appeals to 'experience' cuts no ice on this one. Edited by yoshiwara

price manipulation was always there and wil stay. The ways how it has been carried out have changed. Nevertheless something what everybody participating in the markets out of whatever reason has to learn living with. I do for example not read anymore else than price charts and a bit of volume changes in order to plan a trade or investment. No news or rumors and everything else that can potentially interfere with what I see in front of my nose. So when I take action and I see myself confirmed to a tendency in price change I might do some additional research if it makes sense but only if I want to improve a plan that I have clearly worked out before.

Definitely Libor is a hot topic to discuss manipulation on the largest scale in banking - not my cup of tea so to speak. Gold, Oil well not really important to me personally. Both are sentimental markets, one treated and marketed as an essential commodity which it isn't and the other one treated the same while selling the illusion that it will help you later when nothing else is there.

Regardless there are still many ways to make money in the markets by learning to swim not in front of the sharks mouth. Survive first and prosper later. Also of course with Gold and Oil.

I agree with the sentiment here. Edited by yoshiwara

Clearly not on this example you cannot and vague appeals to 'experience' cuts no ice on this one.

ok

I don't see much mathematics involved there (some important in the options markets though). I apply maths end of the week, month, ... counting the money I've made. Maths is limiting your views about changes.

I don't know what Seekingalpha is and also I rarely touch Asian markets except for sometimes. Having sold a thai ETF a few days ago and eyeing on Japan now monitoring some funds and hedging opportunities.

Re the question what is a good information source on Asia, the usual suspects come up: FT, WSJ, SCMP, Bloomberg, CNBC. aastocks.com good for Hang Seng.

Re the question what is a good information source on Asia, the usual suspects come up: FT, WSJ, SCMP, Bloomberg, CNBC. aastocks.com good for Hang Seng.

I would like to trade thai stocks as I see they have very nice trends and swings but all over the years I have not found a firm to trade with. I remember that you mentioned a broker which seems to be leading or big enough but don't know the name anymore. Also I didn't find any reasonable charting tools except this one: http://siamchart.com/stock-chart/ADVANC/

Seems ok but then the brokers, pfffff.