Advice Required: Mate About To Break Up With Thai G/f

Problem with throwing cash at bargirls is that they keep coming for more. Best to set up a phoney bank account and 'accidetly' leave the key card around with 30000 baht in there. Let the bargirl know you lost all your money gambling or you have a sick grandma in hospitan blah blah, whatever the excuse. But give the bargirl the option to nick the last of your money and leg it

Not bad...thks

One or two risky scenarios put forward here, involving loss of face for the tattooed one.

I agree with the poster who suggested that he say his money had run out only I would go further and ask if she could return his favour and support him for that reason.... maybe they could stay with her family etc. That should do the trick.

I like this idea smile.png - I'm certain that would end things quickly... She would most likely leave in short order but I would be wary of what she would take out of the condo with her on the way out the door... Might want to hide or store outside the unit anything you consider valuable prior to going this path but it sounds very good smile.png...

Some good suggestions there too.

Sounds a bit callous but I think calls for a lot of risk mitigation. Mate has been through a bad episode previously where condo staff had to get involved and his ex attempted suicide etc... he also doesn't have much left in the tank for any future incidents, so I am grateful for the suggestions.

The balcony one still up there and the cash pay-off is a good tip. I reckon a balcony jumper would ruin your day not to mention hers, and in the heat of the moment may spur additional thoughts. Not like it hasn't happened before either!

Cheers

One or two risky scenarios put forward here, involving loss of face for the tattooed one.

I agree with the poster who suggested that he say his money had run out only I would go further and ask if she could return his favour and support him for that reason.... maybe they could stay with her family etc. That should do the trick.

agreed

or tell her he has to go back to his homeland for an emergency for two months and he is running out of money, give her money to go back home until you return to live with her family for awhile... he will soon get emails that he is most likely not welcome to live with family...

Edited by losworld
  • Like 1

or tell her he has to go back to his homeland for an emergency for two months and he is running out of money, give her money to go back home until you return to live with her family for awhile... he will soon get emails that he is most likely not welcome to live with family...

Not bad too, thanks.

It does occur to me whilst these strategies are useful and no doubt effective, the fabric of society is not so wonderful if they do work, probably the subject of a separate post - thanks for the tips, appreciated.

Wait until she goes to visit her family.

Put all her stuff in bin bags outside the door.

Have the locks changed.

Move out of the apartment for two weeks for a little holiday.

SMS her it's over while she is away.

Get a new SIM in your phone.

Don't return to any of your normal hang-out places for a month.

Return to apartment when the coast is clear.

If it's a rented apartment, it might be easier to let them keep the deposit and move somewhere else.

Sounds like a REAL man but with no balls wrote the above.

• Like 1

All the crap on here just re-enforces my theory that a very large number of expats in Thailand have very little or no experience with the opposite sex. No wonder they think we're all numpties. blink.png

LOL - Why do you think they are here, they couldn't get anything in their home country and when they come here cute little girls fall all over them and make them think they are special. Of course a lot of us know they are far from special, in fact the majority are well below bottom of the barrel smile.png.... Then they get all upset because the girl starts asking for money and are surprised and shocked when it was ALWAYS about the money. Not many 20 year old something really interested in 55+ year old men unless you have something to offer.

A fool and his money will be certainly and shortly parted smile.png....

Edited by commande

All the crap on here just re-enforces my theory that a very large number of expats in Thailand have very little or no experience with the opposite sex. No wonder they think we're all numpties. blink.png

LOL - Why do you think they are here, they couldn't get anything in their home country and when they come here cute little girls fall all over them and make them think they are special. Of course a lot of us know they are far from special, in fact the majority are well below bottom of the barrel smile.png.... Then they get all upset because the girl starts asking for money and are surprised and shocked when it was ALWAYS about the money. Not many 20 year old something really interested in 55+ year old men unless you have something to offer.

A fool and his money will be certainly and shortly parted smile.png....

Maybe - more accurately - the old adage applies....

"Men have two heads, but only enough blood for one!"cheesy.gif

Speaking to the OP's "friend", maybe best to be honest, and get it over quickly:

How much are you paying your GF ("Happy Money") per month? I assume you cover all of her expenses: room, food, phone, entertainment. Since she is more like an employee you should probably terminate her employment with verbal notice effective immediately; consider giving her 30 days notice along with the associated severance payment, but she should be encouraged to seek other employment opportunities, and living arrangements, immediately. Maybe include a bonus if she provided above average services as she has been employed for over one year?

• Like 1

sorry it`s not working out for either of us, pack you stuff and go, My Budda give you good luck, just tell the same to the next one when you are finished playing with her, and the next, and the next, just teach those girls a lesson, you show em how us farangs don`t have any principles either........

I must admit, even I've learnt something reading this thread ... "Happy Money" ... never heard of that term before ... w00t.gif

"Happy Money" = The money paid to someone (friend, girlfriend, spouse) to fool the payee into thing they are actually happy with said person. Payee doesn't even realize he is financing his own delusions.

I must admit, even I've learnt something reading this thread ... "Happy Money" ... never heard of that term before ... w00t.gif

"Happy Money" = The money paid to someone (friend, girlfriend, spouse) to fool the payee into thing they are actually happy with said person. Payee doesn't even realize he is financing his own delusions.

sounds a bit like my football team....!

• Like 2

she is highly unlikely to go back to the village, sleep with dogs get fleas, their all different she may go nuts and stab him or go quietly, there for sure is nobody on a forum can tell you what to advise because nobody knows whats comeing.

Best case she packs her bags and leave's, worse case he dies. if she was tattooed up as much as that he sure went into it with his eyes wide open, gawd only knows why people go in to situations when there are plenty of normal girls about and a available for relationships, but it takes effort not a few thousand baht every month. At least tell him to raise the balcony and know where the local cop shop is, they make great mediators in my experience.

Edited by marstons

Wait until she goes to visit her family.

Put all her stuff in bin bags outside the door.

Have the locks changed.

Move out of the apartment for two weeks for a little holiday.

SMS her it's over while she is away.

Get a new SIM in your phone.

Don't return to any of your normal hang-out places for a month.

Return to apartment when the coast is clear.

If it's a rented apartment, it might be easier to let them keep the deposit and move somewhere else.

Sounds like a REAL man but with no balls wrote the above.

you've never experienced a few violent relationship endings in LOS have you?

• Like 1

she has a tattoo, ok she must be a bar girl

so if she she beats you at pool and has a tattoo she must be a mamasancheesy.gif

seriously,is that the screening process for finding out if she is a bg. people need to wise up.

Could she speak English when you met her ? I would always be suspicious about that one, as they do not usually speak it at work in the Isaan rice paddies. thumbsup.gif

• 8 months later...

He really should try the "Sorry no money left" angle. Because , lets face it, thats why most of them are there in the first place.

You can do this. or You can tell her he has to go to his homeland for an emergency for two months and he is running out of money, give her money to go back home until you return to live with her family for awhile.

Edited by charliemorgan

Just sit her down and calmly tell her it's over. Over over.

Same way you break up with anyone.

Suddenly kicking her out onto the street after living together for a yea is a c*nt act. I'd give her a week or so to go and find a new place.

Treat people with dignity and you'll get the same in return.

She has two kids to a previous relationship. I think my mate will be fine but suspect strongly she will be mightily peeved. No-one (friend included) knows that much about her - ok he's met family in village and said kids. But unsure of any unsavory connections. My fear is for any retribution to him, seen that before in LOS and Pats, so am keen to avoid this as much as poss.

People splitting up is normal. If no history of something "unsavory", assume that they will part without retribution. Representations about Thailand, especially in terms of relationships between Western men and Thai women, in this forum ought to be treated with caution. Also sporting tattoos is not an indication of anything (unless they are distinct prison tattoos), if this worries you.

In general, of course splitting up is always best be done amicably.

I would dare say that tattoos are far from the "fashionable" things they have become/are in the west. They are still quite taboo and carry social stigmas, but the beauty of them is its easy to know somebody(Thai) if they have a tattoo. A girl 95% chance she is/was a bar girl. A guy? same percentage he's a gangster type. Yes there are exceptions but the percentage of them is miniscule. The two kids was a clue. It might get ugly. Trying the I have no more money is safest but she might refuse to leave and of course Thai vs. farrang the police won't help get her out. Just tell him to tread carefully, stay out of the way and if he survives, ask more questions next time. Thais luckily are terrible liars.

Tattoos are definitely a bar girl thing in Thailand I am afraid, you will not see any pharmacists, teachers,

doctors, dentists, accountants or lawyers with tattoos, its a pretty good indicator, not 100 per cent but still

pretty high.....even in the western world where it is a fashion item, not so fashionable with professionals,

not too many corporate bankers or politicians sport such beauties as neck tattoos, in fact, if your heart surgeon

or dentist is sporting 'sleeves' it might make you consider changing your doctor....in short, its a pretty good indicator

of stupidity, OK, many people get them because they think it is cool, maybe they are popular with people

because their sports stars have them, but hey, Beckham might be good at soccer but he is hardly an academic.

However, for sure all bar girls are not bad, they are just trying to make a living with limited opportunity.

It is not what someone has done in the past but how they are in the present.....

people make mistakes....