Thai Govt Threatens Action Against Masked Facebook Users

webfact

Can someone please define 'public access' and 'government websites' for me? I mean government websites which publish propaganda valuable information for the normal citizens are supposed to be publicly accessible, aren't they? Some even allow the public to comment or ask questions, imagine!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ruling government will have to shut the entire Internet down very soon,

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

.... will they do it??? That's the only way...

Are they capable of? ... Most likely... because the Internet exposes a lot world wide within milli seconds

On the other hand you can crack-hack the government agencies' websites because their passwords are "PASSWORD" cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Come on.... They are not that stupid, everyone knows their passwords are '123456'

Just think how dumb these people are.

. they want to pick a fight with people in plastic masks on Facebook?

I really do hope anonymous hear about this and just get involved for freedom of speech issues. Then the Thais will role out some unsuspecting computer science student somewhere and blame it on him.

By then anonymous will probably crash every government website in the country and AIS to boot just for the fun of it.

I'm surprised the Prime Minister or the de facto Prime Minister would want to have something as tacky and insecure as a Facebook account in order to let the people know what they are thinking, given that at least 75 per cent of these accounts are estimated to be either fake or duplicates.

Isn't that why they pay Robert Amsterdam a fortune?

Hacking a facebook or other account is wrong, and should be considered a criminal act, this regardless who's account it is

hacking a facebook account and putting hurtful, disgusting, comments on it is wrong and should be considered a criminal act

Think if it was your facebook account or your wife's or daughters account and horrible things were put on it, I challenge you to support anyone who hacks peoples accounts then!!! I THINK NOT

we have a right to express views but hacking accounts is wrong...

They aren't hacking.

Re-read the OP.

They're posting messages on public access websites, the same as you are doing here.

Unless all the Government websites have message boards, I understood it as hacking:

...Prompong said the government believed the group belonged to the same team that defaced the PM's Office website recently with derogatory messages...

...This message was posted repeatedly on websites of the Ministry of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and the Facebook pages of Thaksin, his sister PM Yingluck Shinawatra, his son Panthongtae "Oak" Shinawatra, and the Government House website Thai Khu Fah...

It's only actor cum government spokesman Prompong that "believes" the different episodes of posting on public access websites such as the various Shinawatra Facebook accounts are linked with previous hacking incidents. On the ICT and government house websites, there are multiple areas where people can post messages.

He's just trying to connect a freedom speech issue with an illegal activity, without a shred of evidence produced to back it up.

wildorchid seems to have fallen for it, but I'm much more skeptical until something more definitive than a discredited former soap actor "believes" it is so.

I assume the government will start threatening red shirts with legal action now with them starting a red mask movement.

We're left with discredited, Thaksin author cum spokesman Sunisa contradicting what discredited, hack soap actor cum spokesman Prompong put out just yesterday.

The slimy AWOL soldier only puts out the morphed and slimy government stance on the issue after the red shirts do the same as someone else:

Deputy Government Spokeswoman Sunisa Lertpakawat said no matter if it was white or red masks, in the social media and in the real world everyone had a constitutional right to express political opinions

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Red-shirts-join-in-cyber-war-of-the-masks-30207008.html

Edited by creekside

thai government never heard of anonimous before ?

that they have to refer to the movie V for Vendetta, and the white mask he uses

but then off course, rarely any thai knows what happens outside thailand, not interesting enough

go ask anyone right now, in your thai family or friends circle, what for example : holocaust means

• Like 1

so the ptp are going to take protesters to court for attacking thaksin, a convicted criminal?, how in the hell can the govt legally take action against people attacking thaksin, oh thats right , he pays their wages, the fact he is a wanted fellon in Thailand has nothing to do with it because they take their orders from him