Conditions For The Poor Get Worse In Thailand

webfact

My wife works 10 hours a day,7 days a week.She has not had a day of in 4 months.

She will not take a day off because she wants the money.

She is in America working at a Thai cafe,last month she made Tbt 110,000.00 mostly tips

( she has a killer smile ) I hardly see her anymore.

I'm happy that she is happy, she sends family about tbt 10,000 a month.

the rest goes too savings account.

• Like 2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there one for the books, 500 billion baht spent on the rice pledging scam, first car scam, first home scam and 300baht minimum wage all to increase the quality of life of the rural Thai and unskilled workers. But it created ...........

"Poverty-stricken people are overwhelmed with higher household debt, less income and over-spending, he said, adding that the expenses on alcohol and cigarettes by the poor are several times higher than the richest...........He added that drug-related cases are at an eight-year record high, representing 85.4 per cent of criminal cases and an increasing number of children aged 7-11 were admitted for rehabilitation."

A big win for Thaksinomics and the agenda of enslaving the Thai people through debt. I wonder how they will spin this? I guess its all Abhists fault.

It's all Abhisits fault. Must be as Khun T is the man who (apparently) devotes his life to improving the lot of the poor.

Forget facts, it's apathy (and ignorance) which will guarantee further PTP governments.

Just unfortunate that there is (presumably) a significant part of the electorate who are politically savvy and will feel more and more disenfranchised.

Noistar wrote:

noitom wrote:

When was the last time anyone can remember reading anything about charity giving or works for the poor by the upper class business establishment Thai elite?

You mean the PTP? I think the person with the title of PM has a few baht to hand

They are the elite now

Edited by Noistar

The poor keep getting poorer in every country.

Stop comparing us with other countries, this is Thailand we are on own, with our own ethics and culture, our problems are our problems, not just some other country that you can compare us with
Right, how dare we forget the forum rules, no comparisons. There is nothing to be learned from other nations nor lesson in history. We are lucky, you and me, to be here in this unique nation in which you cannot compare any other place.

You're a good example of Thailand hindering progress. When foreign companies, tourism, and investors move on to Burma and other places less xenophobic, who will be laughing?

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

I wonder how many of the ones getting poorer have smart phones and satellite dishes on their shacks.

Always dumbfounded to see a new Hilux and Corolla parked in front of literally a shed (functioning as a home). Priorities, huh?

Oh; I am sorry. Is it time again for another poor Thailand story?

My apologies, Mr. Termpittayapaisith. I don't have time for yet again another Thai idiot and his views about the woes of Thailand. You and your ilk all beggar me; bums who are professionals at pontificating, slowing down progress and killing each other off in the process with more pontificating... like an irritating, dripping faucet at night.

Sincerely, Cupocoffeolitheothamliogriphithsplendidritiph

my word, you are an unpleasant individual

Yes, I know; thank you... but your ambiguity makes like you are either complimenting me because I express my unpleasant views regarding unpleasant issues, or you are shocked because you are a pantywaist and much too sheltered in your candy-coated little world up above in the clouds, and avoid anything unpleasant. Which is it, dunque?

So much for the PTP promises of helping the poor from the evil Dems who are trying to keep them down!

A vote for the PTP is a vote for Thaksin and a vote to better your poor rice planting lives!

pre-election, March 16, 2011

Thaksin told his supporters, “We must give the Pheu Thai Party a land slide victory in the next election so I can return to Thailand to solve the economic problems. I promise that I will make all Thai people rich within six months.”

Ya see? Even though Pheu Thai Party won the election, he's still not returned to Thailand. If only he had, then everyone would have been rich by now.

It´s all the fault of the Democrats, of course. They spent 2 out of the last 12 years in government, 10 years, 4 Thaksin governments and a current absolute parliamentary majority are not enough to fix that. Now, if independent agencies would be eradicated then we may start to see some progress.

In any case the 33% reduction in corporate taxes done immediately after being elected will soon, aaaaaany time now, start reducing the gap between rich and poor.

This was sarcastic...

Edited by AleG

Stop comparing us with other countries, this is Thailand we are on own, with our own ethics and culture, our problems are our problems, not just some other country that you can compare us with
Ah yes, the Thailand is a unique snowflake and Thais are special argument. Almost forgot about that one.

Meanwhile in reality, Thailand is no different than anywhere else in terms of problems. Every country in the world has problems. Some try to fix them, some do fix them, some don't, and some make them worse. I'll let you figure out which type of country you're in.

Poodmaidai krup. You can't say that. Everyone knows Thailand's problems are so unique and Thailand has nothing to glean from the experiences of others.

OK, what about the poor keep getting poorer in most countries but especially so in countries where the government is corrupt and self serving and pays merely lip service to the needs the poor.

Like for example.... Thailand.

And the UK, and the USA.......the bankers and corporations come first - to blazes with the proles!

One might start to think that the poor may need to get a job or even worse, take up a second , part time job.

I often find the "poor " and "lazy" seem to go hand in hand in many cases.
My old man used to say that if <deleted> was worth money, the poor would be born without an anus. It took me a while to understand what he meant.
Being born into wealth is certainly nice, but it also takes even more hard work to keep the wealth and grow more.

Not that I am against rich people but if you are not part of a certain circle its a lot harder. I have seen first hand what it means when you know people with money. They make great deals among each other and give away the jobs to friends. So while I am sure there are many lazy poor people its certainly untrue that wealth does not have a shitload of advantages.

• Like 1

Oh; I am sorry. Is it time again for another poor Thailand story?

My apologies, Mr. Termpittayapaisith. I don't have time for yet again another Thai idiot and his views about the woes of Thailand. You and your ilk all beggar me; bums who are professionals at pontificating, slowing down progress and killing each other off in the process with more pontificating... like an irritating, dripping faucet at night.

Sincerely, Cupocoffeolitheothamliogriphithsplendidritiph

my word, you are an unpleasant individual

Yes, I know; thank you... but your ambiguity makes like you are either complimenting me because I express my unpleasant views regarding unpleasant issues, or you are shocked because you are a pantywaist and much too sheltered in your candy-coated little world up above in the clouds, and avoid anything unpleasant. Which is it, dunque?

new words for today: 'bitter trolling' Bitter-troll block enabled. (wink-wink) Edited by gemini81

poor...what about all those women who worked in the sex industry, got one, two, three, five boyfriends sponsoring them and their family ?

poor include all those pimping men or the rice labour watching the rice grow , drinking, gambling, whoring around ?

So much for the PTP promises of helping the poor from the evil Dems who are trying to keep them down!

A vote for the PTP is a vote for Thaksin and a vote to better your poor rice planting lives!

Thaksin told his supporters, “We must give the Pheu Thai Party a land slide victory in the next election so I can return to Thailand to solve the economic problems. I promise that I will make all Thai people rich within six months.”

Ya see? Even though Pheu Thai Party won the election, he's still not returned to Thailand. If only he had, then everyone would have been rich by now.

No he didn't,he actually said:

‘If you vote (for Puea Thai Party) to win by a landslide, I would come back to solve Thailand's economic problems and make the country boom again within six months.’

http://thediplomat.com/asean-beat/2011/04/17/thailand-election-preview/

Suprising what a difference the real quote makes, isn't it? But no doubt you and others will keep on re writing quotes to suit your agenda and belief.

Despite the fact that Thaksin hasn't come back, this government has a fairly healthy GDP growth rate of 5.3% and Debt to GDP ratio of 44.3% as of May 2013.

Not too shabby compared to the growth rate of 2.7% and Debt to GDP ratio of 42.6% which the Democrat Party handed over.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/government-debt-to-gdp

Not a boom but certainly not a bust.

Edited by amore

No he didn't,he actually said:

>‘If you vote (for Puea Thai Party) to win by a landslide, I would come back to solve Thailand's economic problems and make the country boom again within six months.’

http://thediplomat.com/asean-beat/2011/04/17/thailand-election-preview/

Suprising what a difference the real quote makes, isn't it? But no doubt you and others will keep on re writing quotes to suit your agenda and belief.

Despite the fact that Thaksin hasn't come back, this government has a fairly healthy GDP growth rate of 5.3% and Debt to GDP ratio of 44.3% as of May 2013.

Not too shabby compared to the growth rate of 2.7% and Debt to GDP ratio of 42.6% which the Democrat Party handed over.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/government-debt-to-gdp

Not a boom but certainly not a bust.

And not a mention of the rice scam about to implode, or the subject of this thread, that poor Thais find it harder to make ends meet.

There is no economic boom in Thailand. Just a hyperbolic expansion in the availability of debt. In a decade or so most Thai will dream of having a small rice farm, some chickens and a sustainable agricultural lifestyle...instead of the debt laden urban prison they find themselves in.

• Like 1

So, trillions spent to make sure we have a decent GDP increase and all is well in the land of the rosy-tinted glasses. Now if only Thaksin had come back to make the country (go) boom again in six months. Imagine what wonders we would be able to see with our very own eyes.

What is this 300 baht minimum wage? A pal recently took me to his wifes farm up here in Isaan. He pointed to a couple of ladies, busy weeding a vegetable plot, and told me they were on 100 baht a day!!!

Are you sure they are Thai? In some parts of Issan they are bring in Lao workers to work incredibly cheap.

There are over 1,000,000 Burmese people in Sahmt Sahkon at the present, because they are paid cheaper than the Thais.

Exactly like the corporate world wants it.

Lots of poor people to exploit, that cannot think for themselves.

Let religion keep them dumb while corporates keep them busy.

Supported by an educational system that only prepares students to have a future in this corporate world !

Same story worldwide !

Time to open our eyes !

w00t.gif

Exactly like the corporate world wants it.

Lots of poor people to exploit, that cannot think for themselves.

Let religion keep them dumb while corporates keep them busy.

Supported by an educational system that only prepares students to have a future in this corporate world !

Same story worldwide !

Time to open our eyes !

Posted Image

It's just a shame that this continues under the watch of this government. It was, after all, democratically elected by the poor - the Khun T supporters.

None so blind as those that will not see.

The problem here is that everyone wants the government to fix all of societies problems.

The problem with Thailand is its protectionist. If they just opened up to foreign business and the government stopped interfering with the economy and food prices etc.. increase in efficiency. More production, more money for Thailand. Cheaper food prices for locals and everyone would be (eventually) richer.

There is no economic boom in Thailand. Just a hyperbolic expansion in the availability of debt. In a decade or so most Thai will dream of having a small rice farm, some chickens and a sustainable agricultural lifestyle...instead of the debt laden urban prison they find themselves in.

Met a lady online in Thailand, gov't job, new car, two houses. Thought she was doing well. Car is 2x annual salary and owes a lot on houses. Had a big debt problem recently, was going to ask me to help, needed 2x annual salary suddenly. Suddenly, again, her friends step in to help, she's doing fine (not sure how), and now she's just bought a new iPhone. I don't know how people can live like that.

Met a lady online in Thailand, gov't job, new car, two houses. Thought she was doing well. Car is 2x annual salary and owes a lot on houses. Had a big debt problem recently, was going to ask me to help, needed 2x annual salary suddenly. Suddenly, again, her friends step in to help, she's doing fine (not sure how), and now she's just bought a new iPhone. I don't know how people can live like that.

Ah, the Urban equivalent of the sick buffalo and grandmother hospital funding request wink.png

Perhaps she has more than one on-line friend.