Good Samaritan And Pattaya Immigration Help To Return Lost Money To American

webfact

Good Samaritan and Pattaya Immigration help to return lost money to American

us-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Good Samaritan and his Wife found a handbag full of money in front of a Furniture Shop in South Pattaya and were assisted by Immigration who tracked down its rightful owner.

Khun Saekshai aged 40 and his wife went to the Boy Furniture Shop located on the South Pattaya Road on Monday Afternoon and found a pink handbag on the floor.

They asked around but could not find its owner. The pair looked inside the bag which contained 500,000 Baht in cash and US Passports of Mr. and Mrs. Cross De Ville.

They decided the best course of action was to hand the bag to Immigration based in Soi 5 off Jomtien Beach Road, and after a computer search the American couple were tracked down and came to the Immigration office where they were re-united with their property.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/88727/good-samaritan-pattaya-immigration-return-lost-money-american/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-05-28

• Like 2

Nice to have a good story for a change. But what plank's of wood carry that sort of cash with them.

What else should they do if the furniture-shop only accepts cash, or if they were about to pay a deposit on a large purchase?

Of course it would be better if they watched their belongings more carefully.

I would think the Thai police would look into this large amount of money, this sounds like drug money to me. Although I did have to retrieve from the Bangkok Bank 215,000 baht for a down payment on a automobile.

If you live in the Pattaya area do not buy a automobile, the roads are not set up for this, It is an accident with a motor bike waiting to happen guaranteed....

I would think the Thai police would look into this large amount of money, this sounds like drug money to me. Although I did have to retrieve from the Bangkok Bank 215,000 baht for a down payment on a automobile.

If you live in the Pattaya area do not buy a automobile, the roads are not set up for this, It is an accident with a motor bike waiting to happen guaranteed....

Why do you say it is drug money?

• Like 1

I think you forgot to take your pills this morning mate....

• Like 1

I don't believe that your "retrieval" of 215,000 baht from the Bangkok Bank was for a down-payment on a vehicle, it sounds to me as though it was in connection with a drug deal and I think the police should be investigating you.

You are however right about roads, they're not constructed for vehicles (?). It'd be ironic if you live in the Pattaya area in view of your last comment.

really.

since when to "acts of kindness" make a newspaper???

- usually when there is nothing else to wrote.

the amount of time I had my lost possessions returned to me.. (in Thailand, or UK or Australia)..

people are generally good.

its just a smaller percentage that are bad.

I once had my wallet stolen in bkk..

3 mths later, my parents received my wallet and cards and drivers license in the post! (the local thai police had sent it to the UK... because my address was on my drivers license!)

anyway,, I shouldnt be complaining. the world would be a lot nicer if newspapers ONLY reported NICE stories!

people would have a brighter outlook on the world.

Now this is the kind of story thats good to read. Well done too you both !!

Almost....except you'd expect the American to have given them a reward, wouldn't you?

Then again, maybe 500K is after the obligatory 30% mordida.

Edited by unanimosity

There is such a regularity to the good-samaritian stories that I sometimes think they're fabricated for the benefit of the people who like to nod and say, 'see, there are good people in Thailand after all'. Once per month, and the money is about half a million Baht. Here is the issue 04/2013. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/632046-taxi-driver-returns-bt520000-in-lost-cash/

Unbelievable! Dint the immigration officers want to keep it. was his money not good enough for them? Unbelievable! w00t.gif

Immigration would like to keep this kind of money, but only if it is related to something at the least naughty...

Edited by Andre0720

There is such a regularity to the good-samaritian stories that I sometimes think they're fabricated for the benefit of the people who like to nod and say, 'see, there are good people in Thailand after all'. Once per month, and the money is about half a million Baht. Here is the issue 04/2013. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/632046-taxi-driver-returns-bt520000-in-lost-cash/

Well that takes conspiracy theory to a whole new level - a very low level,

Edited by Rimmer
Name calling

Well that takes conspiracy theory to a whole new level - a very low level, <deleted>!

for me, the level is hot. I can smell trolls everywhere. Stories about half millions of Bahts taken from pickpockets are to be viewed as utter nonsense

this sounds like the monthly good news show for the FACE of thailand, to state that there are still some honest people around

500.000 in a small red handbage and good people just bringing it back

good for TAT for bringing this story

Americans... they cannot travel with more than 10.000 $ cash to start with ...

i smell a rat

Well that takes conspiracy theory to a whole new level - a very low level,

If you have lived in Toyland as long as I have (30 years) you will know that Potosi is right,

Edited by Rimmer
Name calling