Foreigner Killed In Bangkok Bar Fight

webfact

Foreigner Killed in Bangkok Bar Fight

gun11.jpg
File photo

Three men were shot, and one, a foreigner, fatally wounded, in a bar fight in Bangkok this week.

BANGKOK: -- Police and emergency services were called to the Spicey Pub in the Phathumwan area of the city in response to reports of a gunfight, and treated 33 year old Esam Ali Elhamadi, and two local nationals who had also been shot.

All three were taken to hospital but medical teams were unable to save the Libyan national.

Witnesses report that the two local nationals were simply innocent bystanders, uninvolved in the fight which broke out between a group of foreigners and local men in the bar.

As the fight escalated, so a Thai man drew a gun and fired, fatally wounding the Libyan and at the same time hitting the two other men. [more...]

Full story: http://www.pattaya103.com/foreigner-killed-in-bangkok-bar-fight/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-05-29

2 things I do not really understand .

1. Every time there is a fight Thai men use a gun, does that mean every Thai man has a gun?! And carries it around

2. Every time there is a fight Thai men shoot in front of witnesses. Does that mean every time man is so stupid to shoot someone in front of witnesses to end up in jail

1. A surprising number of Thai men have a loaded gun with them, especially when out for the evening.

2. They don't care all that much what happens to them.

• Like 2

2 things I do not really understand .

1. Every time there is a fight Thai men use a gun, does that mean every Thai man has a gun?! And carries it around

2. Every time there is a fight Thai men shoot in front of witnesses. Does that mean every time man is so stupid to shoot someone in front of witnesses to end up in jail

Yes and yes.

• Like 2

One thing I dont understand : Why would anyone be in any bar , any club , where there are Thai males. Its common knowledge that they resent foreign males here. And especially in a club where they are drinking and there are Thai ladies.

Spicey is predominantly an after hours pick-up bar/disco for foreigners. I think your "common knowledge" is faulty.

• Like 2

Why is a Pattaya radio station reporting this? Didn't BKK newspapers pick up this story and report it? Or have I just missed it? Somethings smells here and it ain't the rotten fish in Denmark

we report every half hour on local AND NATIONAL NEWS. hope that answers your question. smile.png

And, just possibly, the story might smudge up the rose filled glasses that Bangkok wants us to wear.

"The gunman, now in police custody, is said to have told authorities that he drew the gun only as a last resort as it became obvious that he and his pals were about to lose the fight"

Poor guy. Got into a fight and couldn't win it so he had to shoot. Let him go.

Yes... Thailand let him Go... last resort in Thailand is always a shoot!

• Like 1

One thing I dont understand : Why would anyone be in any bar , any club , where there are Thai males. Its common knowledge that they resent foreign males here. And especially in a club where they are drinking and there are Thai ladies.

Spicey is predominantly an after hours pick-up bar/disco for foreigners. I think your "common knowledge" is faulty.

I think your reading comprehension is faulty.: It may well be a pick up place for foreigners .But there was at least one Thai male in there. And my point is, that is one too many.

• Like 2

I agree. If it has the same owners as Spicey in Chiang Mai, I am amazed that Thai men would be in there.