Pattaya(Darkside) Need Professional Pool Cleaner And Repairs.

pluto_manibo

Due to total idiocy and neglect by my pool cleaner, the pool has developed an algae problem and there are also some grouting issues. Can anyone recommend a professional company for repairs and maintenance on the east side of Pattaya. Thank you.

Strange, maybe you can ask one of the MODs to move this to the Pattaya forum for more local knowledge.

(Just press the report button in your original post and ask them to move it)

Call Khun Sam. 0814923165. He does my pool (near Lake Maprachan, off SSCC) and those of a few other TV members on the Darkside. He does pool maintenance, but he also can do most repairs or, if he cannot, he will surely know someone that can. He is good, very reliable, and his prices are reaonable -- much cheaper and as good if not better than the companies offering pool maintenance services. And he is a very nice guy.

• Like 2

I read a how to book and do it myself now. biggrin.png

As a byline the grouting issue can come about if the pool company uses hydrochloric acid which eats the grout instead of using chlorine powder,

• 2 weeks later...

As a byline the grouting issue can come about if the pool company uses hydrochloric acid which eats the grout instead of using chlorine powder,

The grout issue will be caused by having acidic water. The only use for hydrochloric acid in a pool is to lower pH. Chlorine powder will also lower pH as it contains cyanuric acid.

I was told it is caused by some by-product in the cheap powder chlorine we buy here.

My pool got so bad that after the grauts the tiles started coming of. I had to drain it

and re-tile it. Now I use a salt based chlorine system, aka salt water pool ...

luudee

The grout issue will be caused by having acidic water. The only use for hydrochloric acid in a pool is to lower pH. Chlorine powder will also lower pH as it contains cyanuric acid.

This depends on which powdered chlorine used.

There are 2 main types of powdered chlorine used in swimming pools.

Sodium dichloroisosynurate which dissolves completely, it has a slightly acidic Ph it has cyanuric acid as part of its make up.

Calcium hypochlorite which is cheaper, it does not completely dissolve and is alkaline needing acid to bring the pool water to balance.

Call Khun Sam. 0814923165. He does my pool (near Lake Maprachan, off SSCC) and those of a few other TV members on the Darkside. He does pool maintenance, but he also can do most repairs or, if he cannot, he will surely know someone that can. He is good, very reliable, and his prices are reaonable -- much cheaper and as good if not better than the companies offering pool maintenance services. And he is a very nice guy.

Sam Sam the pool man, we use him as well.

Best we've had so far.

• Like 1

This depends on which powdered chlorine used.

There are 2 main types of powdered chlorine used in swimming pools.

Sodium dichloroisosynurate which dissolves completely, it has a slightly acidic Ph it has cyanuric acid as part of its make up.

Calcium hypochlorite which is cheaper, it does not completely dissolve and is alkaline needing acid to bring the pool water to balance.

You are right Chang_Paarp. I forgot about calcium hypochlorite, or cal-hypo. It will also raise calcium hardness which may cause scaling.