I-Mobile Iqx/xa

damole

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are plenty of apps available that will target functions draining your battery, but if you don't need connectivity overnight then one quick fix is to hold down the power button and select Airplane mode.

Certainly a very quick and easy way to disable all data connections problem is you also disable the GSM connection taking your voice and sms out as well.......

Can anyone recommend a decent data counter/quota manager that works for 3G/voice and SMS tracking? Far too many apps to choose from!

Edited by Para

I just received my Jellybean 4.3 update for my Nexus 7 today and so I'm hoping that i-mobile will make this update available for their flagship models before too long.

• Like 1

I just received my Jellybean 4.3 update for my Nexus 7 today and so I'm hoping that i-mobile will make this update available for their flagship models before too long.

Thats interesting was it an OTA upgrade?

I have been playing with Antutu's Smart Profiles (LINK) which allows you to define times to automatically switch to either preconfigured profiles or self defined. Set up a 'No Data' to run from 22.00 till 07.00 automatically switching back on line saves my data usage and battery but best of all I dont have to remamber to do it!

Yes it was OTA. I also installed the ADB drivers for the Nexus 7 and it also doesn't show in ADB so I'm starting to think it's my Windows installation and not the IQX

My phone just crashed or switched itself off and now I can't get it back on again. I've tried every combo of power and volume keys for up to 10 secs but still nothing. It has done this once or twice before and I just left it off in the morning it was fine. Presently I'm in the UK so no way to take it to a shop should it decide not to wake from its deep sleep.

--damole

Yes it was OTA.  I also installed the ADB drivers for the Nexus 7 and it also doesn't show in ADB so I'm starting to think it's my Windows installation and not the IQX

My phone just crashed or switched itself off and now I can't get it back on again.  I've tried every combo of power and volume keys for up to 10 secs but still nothing.  It has done this once or twice before and I just left it off in the morning it was fine.  Presently I'm in the UK so no way to take it to a shop should it decide not to wake from its deep sleep.

--damole

Have u tried to hold power+volume down button together or hold power+tapping volume down button continuosly while the phone is in deep sleep?

I have this prob wif my IQ XA once in awhile and it woke up the phone to hard reset mode everytime i do that...

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes it was OTA. I also installed the ADB drivers for the Nexus 7 and it also doesn't show in ADB so I'm starting to think it's my Windows installation and not the IQX

My phone just crashed or switched itself off and now I can't get it back on again. I've tried every combo of power and volume keys for up to 10 secs but still nothing. It has done this once or twice before and I just left it off in the morning it was fine. Presently I'm in the UK so no way to take it to a shop should it decide not to wake from its deep sleep.

--damole

If you are a proud owner of Nexus 4, and recently upgraded the device to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, then you might face some horrific issues. Reportedly, users are facing issues immediately after upgrading their Nexus 4 to the latest Android version. Some of the users have mentioned about overheating, while others are saying that homescreen button no longer works. Many of them complained that apps stored on their Nexus 4 disappeared due to continue crashing of Nexus 4. Dan smart, a forum member at Android Central pointed at brightness issues. Here is an excerpt taken from the post. "noticing my nexus 4 shutting off, it seems to happen when I charge it for a few hours, either wirelessly or wired. Also brightness has some issues + play music when I put it on all songs random play it shows empty buffer & sometimes quits after playing a few songs. Anyone else having same or other bugs?" Nexus 4 Owners Facing Issues After Upgrading to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Another forum member, Grec C complained about phone automatically shuts off after Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. "Phone shuts off randomly after the 4.3 update. Doesn't shutoff if it's connected to the charger or to my bluetooth. Perhaps the phone is going too deep in sleep mode once the screen turns off?" Many users have tried to boot their Nexus 4, still problem exists. For instance, one forum member at Nexus4forum member was facing hell lot of problems after installing Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Nexus 4. "Nexus 4 was working fine. received message the 4.3 operating system was ready to be installed. It downloaded then installed and rebooted. Now it is stuck on the X boot screen. Have tried system recovery but still will not go past the X screen." Google is aware about the problems faced by users. We hope Google will soon fix up these issues facing by Nexus 4 users around the world. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates.

Read more at: http://www.gizbot.com/mobile/nexus-4-owners-facing-issues-after-upgrading-news-013208.html

• Like 1

I'd really just about given up on my phone but I still kept trying the the power button randomly throughout the day and finally maybe 10 hrs later when I pressed the power button the screen flashed on and off. I knew then the phone wasn't dead just totally discharged and so plugged it in and after about five minutes I pressed the power and it booted. smile.png

The non-removable battery was just about the only negative when I was deciding whether to buy the phone or not and I only decided it wasn't a deal breaker because at least in Thailand taking it to a shop is easy and cheap, ironically the time I almost needed to do that I'm in the UK.

I just received an OTA firmware update for my IQX. It was very quick and it's not a new version of Android but still this is great news. This gives me hope of some Android updates in the future.

• Like 2

I'd really just about given up on my phone but I still kept trying the the power button randomly throughout the day and finally maybe 10 hrs later when I pressed the power button the screen flashed on and off.  I knew then the phone wasn't dead just totally discharged and so plugged it in and after about five minutes I pressed the power and it booted. Posted Image

The non-removable battery was just about the only negative when I was deciding whether to buy the phone or not and I only decided it wasn't a deal breaker because at least in Thailand taking it to a shop is easy and cheap, ironically the time I almost needed to do that I'm in the UK.

I always favored devices with removable batteries, but after many years with smartphones, I never had to change a battery. I wonder if the concept of removable battery is still valid.

I am still using Samsung S2, and not the slightest problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

3G on ONLY one band... 2100 Mhz??? That's not very accommodating or user friendly....

How many bands would you like it to be on?

Well, in order to use in Thailand, obviously 850/2100 or 900/2100 3G bands on a mobile phone would be much better.

Although the country is moving toward 2100 as its 3G standard, all the carriers are still using their legacy 3G bands (850 for True and DTAC, and 900 for AIS) until they built out their 2100 Mhz networks, which is going to take some time.

Anyone buying a 2100 Mhz only 3G mobile phone is definitely likely to face some data access/usage limitations in Thailand, depending on where they're staying/living/traveling -- especially if it's outside any of the biggest cities.

And that doesn't even get into the issue of trying to use the same mobile in other countries where different sets of 3G bands are used. I'd never buy a 2100 Mhz only 3G capable phone.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

3G on ONLY one band... 2100 Mhz???  That's not very accommodating or user friendly....

Well, in order to use in Thailand, obviously 850/2100 or 900/2100 3G bands on a mobile phone would be much better.

Although the country is moving toward 2100 as its 3G standard, all the carriers are still using their legacy 3G bands (850 for True and DTAC, and 900 for AIS) until they built out their 2100 Mhz networks, which is going to take some time.

Anyone buying a 2100 Mhz only 3G mobile phone is definitely likely to face some data access/usage limitations in Thailand, depending on where they're staying/living/traveling --  especially if it's outside any of the biggest cities.

And that doesn't even get into the issue of trying to use the same mobile in other countries where different sets of 3G bands are used. I'd never buy a 2100 Mhz only 3G capable phone.

I thought the phones were 3G on two frequencies? 2100 on all models and either 850 or 900 depending on if you choose the A or non A version. Also the IQ 4 can do all frequencies but it's a dual core processor so may be a bit slow?

My XA and 9A gets 3G in Korea, UK, and Malaysia. I will know about US later this month.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 9A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

3G on ONLY one band... 2100 Mhz??? That's not very accommodating or user friendly....

whichever band is available where i happen to be

Maybe you would of been better off choosing a phone that was not built, sold and marketed solely for the Thai market?

I think one reason for wanting a phone with a removable battery is that if you were to get any item of electronics wet the first thing you are told to do is remove the battery.

I also think if you were to buy a phone from overseas and after some time your battery stopped holding charge and you wanted a replacement then things would be more complicated that just getting a new battery sent to you. I accept that for the vast majority of users this is not an issue but I just like to have a bit more control of my devices.

• Like 1

3G on ONLY one band... 2100 Mhz???  That's not very accommodating or user friendly....

whichever band is available where i happen to be

Those reputable China-made phones might be your best bet then as most of them runs on multi-band except for LTE-2600mhz...

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app