I-Mobile Iqx/xa

damole

Also if someone could install Titanium Backup and upload the disk partition sizes of the various firmwares I'd like to see that too.

cheers

damole

Hello mate not sure where the settings you want are....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-18180-13819531414232_thumb.jpg

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Para that's exactly what I wanted.

My screenshot above shows: Internal 1.58GB Ext. SD card 968MB

Yours shows: Internal 1.05GB Ext. SD card 1.50GB

Mine was like yours before I got it back from the i-mobile shop recently after being repaired. That's a whole extra 500MB for apps on the internal and I don't care about the built in SD card being less because like you I have a 32 GB card inside. The internal built in SD card and external removable card have their labels swapped in this case but it seems to vary on all the Android devices I've seen.

Thanks again.

Next up ADB! :-)

Edited by damole

Thanks Para that's exactly what I wanted. 

My screenshot above shows: Internal 1.58GB Ext. SD card 968MB

Yours shows: Internal 1.05GB Ext. SD card 1.50GB

Mine was like yours before I got it back from the i-mobile shop recently after being repaired.  That's a whole extra 500MB for apps on the internal and I don't care about the built in SD card being less because like you I have a 32 GB card inside.  The internal built in SD card and external removable card have their labels swapped in this case but it seems to vary on all the Android devices I've seen.

Thanks again.

Next up ADB! :-)

Happy to help mate.

So a quick visit to the service center and you walk just away with a 50% increase of internal memory? Not bad at all.

Virgin Media screwed up my new Internet installation as soon as I ta in ill work with you to find a way to root these.

• Like 1

hi,

i'm gonna get this phone next week, and i found this group on facebook and they find the way to root the phone and install CWM recovery : https://www.facebook.com/notes/i-mobile-iq-xa-ultimate-users/install-cwm-and-root-instructioneng/148858418641916 , https://www.facebook.com/groups/138327913028300/ , https://www.facebook.com/groups/138327913028300/files/ laugh.png

whats the best price in bkk? i live in samui and the price is 8700b...., can i get cheaper in bkk ?

hi,

i'm gonna get this phone next week, and i found this group on facebook and they find the way to root the phone and install CWM recovery : https://www.facebook.com/notes/i-mobile-iq-xa-ultimate-users/install-cwm-and-root-instructioneng/148858418641916 , https://www.facebook.com/groups/138327913028300/ , https://www.facebook.com/groups/138327913028300/files/ laugh.png

whats the best price in bkk? i live in samui and the price is 8700b...., can i get cheaper in bkk ?

Just got back from a visit to MBK. You can pick it up there for 7800 without much trouble. I was a bit surprised actually because i bought mine a good couple of months ago for 7700 and thought the price would have tumbled by now. The newer X3 is going for about 8500. The X2 no longer seems to be available. Don't understand why as the X is.

hi,

Just got back from a visit to MBK. You can pick it up there for 7800 without much trouble. I was a bit surprised actually because i bought mine a good couple of months ago for 7700 and thought the price would have tumbled by now. The newer X3 is going for about 8500. The X2 no longer seems to be available. Don't understand why as the X is.

The X2 isn't available yet - according to the iMobile service center it's been delayed and is due 'next month'.

I submitted a contact form to i-mobile to ask if JB 4.3 would be coming to the IQX and was told it would never be available. If this is the case I am even more interested to see if I can root this phone so if anyone can try installing the drivers and trying to get adb to work I would be grateful to hear about it.

Also if someone could install Titanium Backup and upload the disk partition sizes of the various firmwares I'd like to see that too.

cheers

damole

Hmm. That's a concern, esp with 4.4 due out any time, probably a deal breaker for me given I don't need the dual SIM and can pick up a Nexus 4 or Galaxy S3 for the same price.

The local Big C seems to have re-stocked with a broad range of iMobile devices. Saw the X3 and the X. Quite nice, the X more so than the X3 IMO. No X2 yet. Priced at around 8,500 THB, if I was in Thailand full time I'd likely consider one given that S3s here still go for 13,500 - 15,500. Clearly the price, spec and dual SIM slot would be the key attractions and I'd be less concerned about things going wrong with them if I was in Th full time and thus closer (hopefully) to an iMobile service centre. Malaysia is now selling these also, via Tesco, but only the X at the moment and I'm not sure how international iMobile warranty would be (e.g. would they fix and X2 bought here in their service centres - something I'd check if I was going to buy).

BUT, the post made elsewhere suggesting the X will never get Android 4.3, let alone 4.4 would be the real killer for me. Couple that with the fact that the S3 or Nexus 4 can be had for around 10K baht in Malaysia I'd struggle to find a compelling reason to buy an iMobile device over the Samsung or LG when one considers that service centres for both would be MUCH easier to come by, as would parts and, in the event of 'user woes', the sheer numbers of these devices sold means that there is a massive online community for both v the more niche products like iMobile and Oppo. While the X2 MIGHT run faster than the S3/N4 (I say might because the specs don't always result in performance improvements, the N4 easily matches the S4 despite a lower spec - the quality of the components also plays a part) I think I'd opt for Android updates over a slightly faster processor generally. The range of accessories is much wider too.

Edited by Pick of Penang

BUT, the post made elsewhere suggesting the X will never get Android 4.3, let alone 4.4 would be the real killer for me

Can I ask what 4.3 features you are so keen on having only I have a 4.3 device as well as my IQX and have to say I prefer the IQX version of jelly bean over my newer 4.3.

@pickofpenang if my understanding is correct the S3 you are so in love with was passed over when JB 4.2 came out wasn't it?

Edited by Para

Can anyone offer help on installing widget onto IQX.

Instructions of app say to hold click on home page and click on widget options. But when i click and hold on homepage i get only wallpaper options. Trying to install a world clock.

On My IQX if you hold your finger on the widget icon (in the Widets screens) then the next available home screen with space pops up and you just slide it over and let go.

The widget then appears on that page - and you can then move to another screen if needed.

• Like 1

@pickofpenang if my understanding is correct the S3 you are so in love with was passed over when JB 4.2 came out wasn't it? Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What's with the emotion?? "In love with"..... it's a phone <deleted>. In any event, I actually prefer the vanilla Android N4. Simply a case of working out what's good value and what isn't. What technological benefits one has over the other, if any, at the same price point. Problem?

At the same price I'm struggling to find any reason to buy an IQ X# over a S3 or an N4 unless you need a dual SIM. What MIGHT change that is if iMobile plans to roll out 4.4 to the X2 eventually, currently awaiting a reply from them. Others pondering buying one may also wish to consider different options. Especially if they are trotting to Malaysia on visa runs where the previous flagship phones from the more well known brands are about 25% cheaper than in LOS. It's a forum, hence the 'discussion'.

The S3 was to get 4.2.2 in July but it now looks like they will go direct to 4.3, bundling many of the Samsung S4 features into the cumulative 4.2.2/4.3 update. Part of the reason I prefer the N4 is that it's at the front of the queue for these updates, along with other Nexus devices. With Samsung it's often the problems with their TW interface that brings about problems with getting out Android updates, bloatware problems that Nexus devices don't get.

With 4.3 I'm interested in Bluetooth Smart, removal of Open CL, dial auto-complete and other more cosmetic And with Android, any updates that enhances security is a worthwhile consideration IMO. It's more 4.4 I'm interested in.

While I'm not a big fan of Samsung and esp Touchwhiz, I do quite like the phone's styling and others are clearly well happy with them, hence the millions sold. While I will almost certainly go with the N4 the S3 would also likely be another strong consideration at the 9-10 baht price point.

Edited by Pick of Penang

Maybe if more people kept pushing i-mobile about getting the latest versions of android they might change their policy. Of course it would need support of Thai customers too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I look forward to reading your thread on it.

Now back to all things IQX.....

The thread already contains mentions of other options people can consider. If you don't want to read posts suggesting further considerations do feel free to move on. Much as at may come as a shock, I'm not posting for your sole benefit and, unless you have been appointed as some kind of regulator, neither am I posting what you do and do not see fit.

Maybe if more people kept pushing i-mobile about getting the latest versions of android they might change their policy. Of course it would need support of Thai customers too.

I-Mobile like all manufactures only care for revenue from handset sales unfortunately.

Did you manage to root your device?

I didn't manage to root it yet as I still can't get ADB to work even since I clean installed Windows 7 on my laptop which I thought might be the problem.

I just joined i-mobile IQ X(A) Ultimate Users Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/138327913028300/

which is all in Thai but even if you can't read Thai you will still see what's going on from the photos or English headings. JB 4.3, stock ROM for one.

--damole

• Like 1

Having had my IQX reset at an IMobile service centre several weeks ago, because of an unexplainable small amount of remaining internal memory, the old problem seems to be returning. After they reset it, a had over 400MB of remaining memory. It's now down to 280MB, and it seems to just be gradually getting smaller, without me really doing anything.

One peculiar thing i have noticed is that when i delete cache, the amount that is deleted, rather than being added to the remaining memory, gets taken away. For example, if there is 10MB of cache on an app, when i delete it, my remaining internal memory goes from 300MB to 290MB. Any idea why this would be?

Also, and rather less important, is there any way to use the phone without a second SIM, and without getting a warning coming up every time i turn the phone on, telling me that there is no SIM in slot 2?

What does 'reset' mean? Do you mean restore to factory? Can you install TitaniumBackup temporarily and post the front page screen show? What version of the firmware do you have? Maybe you can post a screen show of that too. You can see what I mean from one of my earlier posts.

I don't think there is any way to stop the redundant warning message about the SIM slot at least not with the stock ROM.

The attached photo comes from the Facebook group I posted about earlier.

post-38660-0-42242700-1382835321_thumb.j

Edited by damole

Indeed. HTC, Samsung and Apple are able and willing to continue to support their devices and customers with software updates, in some cases up to 4 years or more (by which time in my experience the hardware starts to pack-up anyway). Maybe it the willingness as opposed the the ability that's the issue. Not sure if slightly better known companies like Oppo score any better on this front? Benefit of going with brands from companies with more resources I suppose.

Also, and rather less important, is there any way to use the phone without a second SIM, and without getting a warning coming up every time i turn the phone on, telling me that there is no SIM in slot 2?

Would inserting an expired SIM get rid of it? My GF had a dual SIM phone some time back and that did the trick. Only a work around I know. Equally I wonder if you'd keep getting a warning 'No service' message. Does the 'no sim' message only appear when you power on or does it keep coming up through the day?

Indeed.  HTC, Samsung and Apple are able and willing to continue to support their devices and customers with software updates, in some cases up to 4 years or more (by which time in my experience the hardware starts to pack-up anyway).  Maybe it the willingness as opposed the the ability that's the issue.  Not sure if slightly better known companies like Oppo score any better on this front?  Benefit of going with brands from companies with more resources I suppose.

HTC and Samsung support some of their phones NOT all. I have a Samsung tab from 2011 that is still on gingerbread.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

Indeed. HTC, Samsung and Apple are able and willing to continue to support their devices and customers with software updates, in some cases up to 4 years or more (by which time in my experience the hardware starts to pack-up anyway). Maybe it the willingness as opposed the the ability that's the issue. Not sure if slightly better known companies like Oppo score any better on this front? Benefit of going with brands from companies with more resources I suppose.

HTC and Samsung support some of their phones NOT all. I have a Samsung tab from 2011 that is still on gingerbread.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

Correct, hence the specific point of "in some cases" above. Personally, I'd be unlikely to buy a phone that was not going to get updates at least for a while. In that respect I wouldn't touch HTC with a barge-pole, despite the fact that they now seem willing to support the 'One' better, at least until their next flagship comes out (or they go under). I got burned a long time ago with a HTC WinMo that despite costing 500 Euro never even got the next release of WinMo. Won't get caught by them again. Samsung seem to be more committed with the Galaxy devices, as of course does Google with the nexus line. Not sure anyone can top Apple in this respect though.

Still waiting a reply from iMobile with regard to their plans for upgrades for the X2 and indeed a release date for it.

Edited by Pick of Penang

Regarding your question about what reset means, all i can tell you is i took it in to the imobile service centre, they took it into a back room, and had it for 30 minuntes. When they returned it, all of my stuff had gone, as they warned me it would do, and the phone seemed to have some decent internal memory space again. As i say, now it is shrinking again.