Car Accident Yesterday - Thapae Gate

eek

crash.jpg
My bf took this photo of the accident yesterday. He saw the car careering at high speed down the street until it ploughed straight into the wall at Thapae gate. Amazingly no one was hurt, no pedestrians, other drivers, nor the couple in the car that crashed. They were apparently approximately in their 50's. Both were in shock. No idea as to what actually happened, something wrong with the car?

Anyone know more details?

These are the best threads......the ones where we can make up our own armchair scenarios:

Can odd things happen with automatic trnasmission cars, like accelerator locking in "drive" or even they missed the brake completely and speeded up instead.

• Like 1

I saw this as well. When I got there they were sweeping up sand and the car was still into the wall. They nailed that corner piece and the corner won. I think the sand must have been to soak up oil/gas.

Perhaps they were abducted by aliens about the point of 7-11, taken on-board, 'worked on' for a bit, then the Greys screwed up by accidentally plonking them back in a few seconds on? TiT, it happens, and could also help to explain the high amount of ridiculous incidents on the roads here. smile.png

Probably better than going in the moat. Maybe the driver was one of those that got the new 100,000 government loan and they hadn't yet learned which peddles to push. Someone in a panic will continue to press on the gas if they think it is the brake.

Anyone know more details?

Yep, they were facing each other for the last 15 seconds leading up to the accident discussing whether that was their lucky day.

*Crash*

"Oh yea, it's not our lucky day! We should have gone out tomorrow - that was our lucky day!"