Thai Passport Office To Open In Pattaya June 3

Rimmer

Thai passport office to open in Pattaya June 3
PATTAYA:--Good news for Thais seeking passports: The Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that they will open a Passport Office in Pattaya on June 3 at the 1st floor of the Avenue Pattaya, Pattaya 2nd Road. Office hours will be Monday - Friday from 8.30 - 15.30.
Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/thai-passport-office-to-open-in-pattaya-june-3-26548

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2013-05-31 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Ohhh; and you better hurry, 'cause it will probably close down again after a month or so - for lack of 'business' . . . . . . .

wink.png

Maybe not, as lots of farangs want to take their new g/f's on a vacation.

• Like 1

Personally I think the money would have been MUCH better spent on expanding the Immigration Office in Soi 5, Jomtien, which is incredibly over-run and close to incapable of dealing with the large increase of tourists and expats needing it,s services.

been to immigration today,have never seen the place so quiet.as for the last few times i have been you could not sit or stand,people were outside the building.

and they don.t issue Thai passportsthumbsup.gif

Edited by COXYATCITY

UPDATE:
Temporary Thai Passport Office opens in Pattaya

passport-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The Department of Thai Consular Affairs has opened a temporary Thai Passport Office in Pattaya to allow local residents to obtain a Thai Passport without travelling to Bang-Na in Bangkok.

On Monday the new office, located at the rear of the Avenue Shopping Complex in South Pattaya, opened its doors and was reportedly busy from 8.30am with those wishing to either renew their existing passports or make an application for a new one.

The office, located on the ground floor of The Avenue Complex, is open from 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. Passports cost 1,000 Baht with an additional cost of 40 Baht if applicants wish their passport’s to be posted to them.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/89646/temporary-thai-passport-office-opens-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-2013-06-04

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The missus went yesterday to re-new her passport, took her 5 hrs !!

Maybe she was unlucky on the day she went for the time it took,.Was it a Monday or Friday, If she is in the Pattaya area sure still got to better than going to Bangkok,Transport,etc wai.gif

What does a Thai have to do and what documents, ID's etc do they have to bring to get a Thai Passport.

My wife has one already, but I want her mother and sister to get one for a future trip.

They will be coming to Pattaya for a holiday next month, so I want to know what they need to bring with them, to enable them to get the Passport.

What does a Thai have to do and what documents, ID's etc do they have to bring to get a Thai Passport.

My wife has one already, but I want her mother and sister to get one for a future trip.

They will be coming to Pattaya for a holiday next month, so I want to know what they need to bring with them, to enable them to get the Passport.

Look at www.mfa.go.th Consular Services -Passports

From memory ID Card . 1000 Baht plus EMS charge (40 Baht if newspaper article correct ) 3 days.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wish Brit passports cost that

you get what you pay for,.........where can you go on a thai p-port ? loas , cambodia , china maybe ?

You can go to a whole host of countries without a visa:

Brazil, Russia, India to start.

3 out 4 brics is not bad with the dinosaurs & piigs of Europe & the US asking Thai's to jump through hoops to get a visa.

Japan, Singapore & South Korea along with South Africa & Zambia with Argentina, Chile & Switzerland also allowing visas on entry.

Not a bad list

Edited by SidJames

• 3 weeks later...