Surrounded By "enemy" Nationals On A Baht Bus; Confused As To Proper Etiquette

Jingthing

Read the thread, dude. I later went on to describe how the population of the truck was pressuring me to engage with them. I call that aggressive behavior.

My behavior. Refusing to engage with drunks when I didn't wish to. Inexcusable. Call the authorities!

As far as the soft war between the USA and Iran, that is my opinion of the situation, yes.

You described them as "an enemy"

They had no idea who you were!

It's quite obvious you don't like Iranians.

This thread should be stopped.

It really becoming beyond a joke.

Jingthing maybe a defence lawyer is needed, your running out

Maybe a new topic from yourself would be appropriate

"Dude where's my baht bus"

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the thread, dude. I later went on to describe how the population of the truck was pressuring me to engage with them. I call that aggressive behavior.

My behavior. Refusing to engage with drunks when I didn't wish to. Inexcusable. Call the authorities!

As far as the soft war between the USA and Iran, that is my opinion of the situation, yes. That doesn't mean an actual war is inevitable. Hopefully, not.

BTW, since you think you know me, you're welcome to introduce yourself sometime so that we can discuss Middle East politics.

The lady who got on the bus, wasn't interested in you. So why with the attention of a beautiful girl would Iranian men need to interact with you.

You can twist and turn in the end you'll burn dude

Somebody end this topic

I don't think she wanted to bed me, but she did point at me numerous times. Who said she was a beautiful girl? I think she was drunk too.

This story is getting fleshed out so much by various authors that I do think there might be a movie in it. Call Spielberg!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I don't think she wanted to bed me, but she did point at me numerous times. Who said she was a beautiful girl? I think she was drunk too.

This story is getting fleshed out so much by various authors that I do think there might be a movie in it. Call Spielberg!

Maybe the movie could be called:

Jingaling tingtong

Your losing it jingthing

Give up....

I see now the game. Dense of me. You never really had any real interest in the actual topic, huh?

Edited by Jingthing

Your losing it jingthing

Give up....

I see now the game. Slow of me. You never really had any real interest in the actual topic, huh?

I love you too

4:30am

Goodnight g-d bless

Your losing it jingthing

Give up....

I see now the game. Dense of me. You never really had any real interest in the actual topic, huh?

smile.png, I think you are a decent character JT.

Seems Americans encounter enemies when they travel overseas, is it that they carry an expectant attitude along too?

It takes the greater man to defuse a situation by seeing the common ground in such an encounter; a songthaew load of HUMANS returning home from a night out in a HOLIDAY LOCATION !

Even without sharing a common language one can easily smile and indicate that a good time has been had by all care of the amusements and distractions that Pattaya offers to tourists and residents alike.

The capitalization of the OP suggests that they seek to impose restrictions on which nationals may visit the city - contemplate your attitude to tolerance toward others for I'm sure there will be those that find something to fear/hate about you in turn.

Even if your country is officially at war with another does not mean you have the right to promote this at all times and in places that are outside the war-zone.

Read about greater people in WW1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce

Your comment suggesting that there are too damned many Russians in Jomtien suggests that you are very concious of nationality-

Had these been French, would you have felt more comfortable among them? Among which nationality would you prefer to share a baht bus with?

America has 'issues' with just about every country on earth-

And a bunch of drunks wanting to hassle you can find any one of a thousand justifications- not just your country of origin- nor even your political views.

They just have to take 'offense' at your hair style-

You have travelled a lot- you know that in many countries what we might call 'aggressive' is simply being friendly. You know too that many people in many countries are fascinated with country of origin. These guys didn't come to Pattaya to enlighten other foreigners about Iran's political situation. They, like you, no doubt are appreciative of the diversity= and you, JT, are, for them, part of that diversity.

I can imagine them muttering as you departed the bus, "I'd always heard Americans were friendly..."

Personally, I like getting on Baht buses with Iranians- gives me a chance to show off my Farsi language skills (two words which judging from the responses, seem to be a bit obscene- but guaranteed to win me handshakes and good feelings).

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

As far as the soft war between the USA and Iran, that is my opinion of the situation, yes. That doesn't mean an actual war is inevitable. Hopefully, not.

There are unavoidable signs that the U.S. and Iran are engaged in

significant covert actions against each other, including cyber war.

Among the alleged covert activities that have been reported are:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/covert-war-us-iran/story?id=15174919#.UapnWNg72TM

BTW, since you think you know me, you're welcome to introduce yourself sometime so that we can discuss Middle East politics.

If you could see my disdain for you, you would refrain from suggesting that I meet you. I didn't wish to speak to you when I saw you and most certainly don't wish to now.

Discuss Middle East politics with someone with the apparent principles of a snake? Thank you, but no.

ODD - Islam forbids alcohol consumption...LOL

So your friends were not good Muslims...LOL

Fear is a good indication of a possible problem, but don't let it interfere with your actions - put it on a mental shelf, but listen to the warning.

In such situations, make a bold face, but be prepared to run or fight as the situation demands.

Damn ! Just when I thought I beginning to understand this whole sordid affair, then this - "Your internal olfactory defense system kicked in and diverted your attention to psychosocial matters"........You guys probably know jt pretty well, I am relatively new here, so is it worthwhile trying to work him out ?

Damn ! Just when I thought I beginning to understand this whole sordid affair, then this - "Your internal olfactory defense system kicked in and diverted your attention to psychosocial matters"........You guys probably know jt pretty well, I am relatively new here, so is it worthwhile trying to work him out ?

JT seems a complex character

what would the world be without characters?

Even if your country is officially at war with another does not mean you have the right to promote this at all times and in places that are outside the war-zone.

The USA and Iran are not officially at war. Many people including me believe the two countries are engaged in a long standing soft war which has the potential of escalating. I used the term "enemy" nationals (in QUOTES) to refer to this political situation. Not in any way to suggest that people from the USA and people from Iran can't enjoy social relations. I have the "right" to do anything I like but I was not "promoting" a war mentality between the USA and Iran on the baht bus, but I was and will continue to be AWARE of the international political situation.

So we have one more reason why it's safer to ride a motorcycle than use the baht buses.

Especially if your American or Israeli. :whistling:  

Or a total whimp.

@RabC, You're the man! Please tell us what YOU Would do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The USA and Iran are not officially at war. Many people including me believe the two countries are engaged in a long standing soft war which has the potential of escalating.

I used the term "enemy" nationals (in QUOTES) to refer to this political situation. Not in any way to suggest that people from the USA and people from Iran can't enjoy social relations.

I have the "right" to do anything I like but I was not "promoting" a war mentality between the USA and Iran on the baht bus, but I was and will continue to be AWARE of the international political situation.

You do not have a "right" to do anything you like, there are laws within the nation you live in and that which provides your Passport which you have to live within, something that you might like to remember.

If you were not promoting war (can't see where anyone suggests that you were) were you promoting peace?

From what you have said the interaction was between a woman that boarded the songthaew and the group of lads from Iran, you were pointed out as not being one of the happy group and you have the grumps about it here, I can't see the point of your post apart from seeking to make an issue about a non-event during an evening out.

Certainly is it wise to read of international developments as the world is a changing place in which we must all live, but wouldn't it more directly help you and your continued existence to be AWARE of what was required in a particular social situation?

A smile, eye contact and a positive thumbs up (although gesture can be used offensively in Iran) given with a smile in the context of a shared experience it is universally understood, as would be a eyebrow raise in an appropriate context.

How different would people think of you had you posted that; "...despite our countries being at the verge of escalating a lukewarm war I travelled and shared a joke with a group of Iranians and a Russian coming home from a night out in Pattaya. What a happy cosmopolitan place this is."

I believe if you sought to find the common ground with other people your life experience would be a better one that it currently seems to be. I guess the words exchanged between the Russian and Iranians was in English, unless you speak Persian/Russian, see you have three things in common already. As it is I can only question your motive for creating the thread in this manner at all. cool.png

As for the other comments in this thread about Muslims drinking alcohol among other experiences Pattaya offers: There is nothing offered to suggest these people were practising Muslims or if they were to what level they choose to conform to Sharia Law. I doubt the Christians, Jews and even those that follow religions predominant in S.E.A. are balancing late nights in Pattaya bars with early morning prayer this morning at the various Churches and places of worship in Pattaya. All varieties of sinners are catered for at both ends of the day in Pattaya.

It can be argued at least Sharia Law has a one-hour marriage law to allow for deep meaningful short-time encounters. giggle.gif

Gsxrnz -

Next time, stand up and loudly proclaim that Jane Fonda is a traitorous slut. And you're willing to fight anyone who disagrees. Real Vietnam Vets will smile and buy you a beer. biggrin.png

Nonsense.

I have met literally thousands of Vietnam veterans over the years, and am one myself, and the only times I heard this kind of crap was when it was mouthed by those who never came anywhere close to being in-country, REMFS for whom the sole exposure to combat meant the fights at the local bar, and lifers.

• Like 1

How different would people think of you had you posted that; "...despite our countries being at the verge of escalating a lukewarm war I travelled and shared a joke with a group of Iranians and a Russian coming home from a night out in Pattaya. What a happy cosmopolitan place this is."

I see you're having fun but you're having way too much fun making up twisted fictions.

I never said they were coming home. You made that up. It was EARLY in the evening. They were already drunk and some of them were drinking large bottles on the bus.

I have been posting here now for YEARS, praising the diversity of Pattaya so many times, but also expressing concern that the diversity is threatened by domination of ONE group (not Iranians), as that group now represents the MAJORITY of tourists here. Not to trash that nationality, but because domination by any nationality threatens the richness of the diversity.

Thais of course are a given; we are in Thailand.

I have been a local champion of the diverse cuisines of Pattaya, encouraging people to get out of their comfort zone and go to so called "ethnic" places where they aren't expected to go and sometimes aren't even WELCOME to go. I go, and go, and go.

I am not going to spin some happy times lies about how "happy" Pattaya is. It's a very unusual beach resort city and I like living here, it can be very interesting, but it can also be quite DANGEROUS, and it is FAR from paradise and I reckon every SOBER person knows that.

I did not wish to engage THAT GROUP on THAT NIGHT. I have already explained multiple times why. You can try to denigrate me until the cows come home but I know what happened, and I know the MOTIVATION of why I started the thread. It is in the OP.

Also note: anyone who thinks seeing Muslims drinking and whoring is some kind of PROOF about their actual POLITICS is totally deluding themselves. As said before the Iranians who went on later to Bangkok to attempt a bombing terrorist attack on Thai soil first partied (drinking and whoring) in ... south PATTAYA.

Edited by Jingthing

JT seems a complex character

what would the world be without characters?

Well, sometimes there are Upper-Case Characters

and sometimes lower-case characters ... rolleyes.gif

Maybe you asked the wrong question ... coffee1.gif

So to wrap up the thread:

So I remain CONFUSED about the proper etiquette when surrounded by "enemy" nationals on a baht bus.

Press the button and get off the songthaew and board the following one.

Really took ten pages to get this far? coffee1.gif

So to wrap up the thread:

So I remain CONFUSED about the proper etiquette when surrounded by "enemy" nationals on a baht bus.

Press the button and get off the songthaew and board the following one.

Really took ten pages to get this far? coffee1.gif

I can easily imagine the abusive comments I would have attracted if I told the same story and said I just left the bus in fear.

Short of getting up and singing Yankee Doodle Dandy on the bus just to see what would happen, it's doubtful I could please some of the tough crowd here.rolleyes.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cNfdfaj0qWw

Edited by Jingthing