Gun Shop In Phuket Town

IrishIvan

Gun license has to be organized via the local amphur or the police if you have the connections, at this stage you choose you model and the paperwork is made. With the paperwork you can by your gun which most of the time has to be done in Bangkok. When you have your gun you get the license after a few weeks by mail.

At least this is how we got our gun (.38 special via the police) and license.

You had to see the face of the Thai checkin counter after she heard that i had a loaded gun case with me. Lol

My wife has a concealed license and i a license to transport my gun from home to the shooting range.

I dont believe that this works for a shotgun as they are tighter controlled.

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gun license has to be organized via the local amphur or the police if you have the connections, at this stage you choose you model and the paperwork is made. With the paperwork you can by your gun which most of the time has to be done in Bangkok. When you have your gun you get the license after a few weeks by mail.

At least this is how we got our gun (.38 special via the police) and license.

You had to see the face of the Thai checkin counter after she heard that i had a loaded gun case with me. Lol

My wife has a concealed license and i a license to transport my gun from home to the shooting range.

I dont believe that this works for a shotgun as they are tighter controlled.

Very good and informative post. This confirms the research I had previously made (with police and local gov officials) on this subject.

• Like 1

Thanks

Gun license has to be organized via the local amphur or the police if you have the connections, at this stage you choose you model and the paperwork is made. With the paperwork you can by your gun which most of the time has to be done in Bangkok. When you have your gun you get the license after a few weeks by mail.At least this is how we got our gun (.38 special via the police) and license.You had to see the face of the Thai checkin counter after she heard that i had a loaded gun case with me. LolMy wife has a concealed license and i a license to transport my gun from home to the shooting range. I dont believe that this works for a shotgun as they are tighter controlled.

I might have to consider a pistol instead. I wouldnt mind a glock 10mm. I really want something noisy so when they turn up it doesnt sound like a pop gun. I want it to sound like a warzone so it sends a clear message if i miss. Do you reckon a glock 10mm has got too much kick for my 50 kilo thai lady? Edited by IrishIvan

Person applying for the firearm licence must be employed and receive income. Also he/she must be for at least 6 months on the house registration in the district where he/she is applying for the licence.

Person applying for the firearm licence must be employed and receive income. Also he/she must be for at least 6 months on the house registration in the district where he/she is applying for the licence.

No problem. IrishIvan can "employ" his mia noi as his "bodyguard" - although, that didn't go so well for some Malaysians recently. :) :)

Its perfectly legal for a Thai national to own a gun. I want one for my mia noi and im happy to pay. Bubblegum unless you can tell me where I can aquire a pump action shotgun in Phuket town can you please keep your opinion to yourself

NO !

In case you did not know this forum is not yours althought you like to believe it is.

WHAT ROAD IS GUN SHOP AT IN PHUKET TOW ???? Its fairly simple

Doesn't any one use google anymore?

Pretty easy search.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/391980-gun-shops-in-phuket/

Thanks

Gun license has to be organized via the local amphur or the police if you have the connections, at this stage you choose you model and the paperwork is made. With the paperwork you can by your gun which most of the time has to be done in Bangkok. When you have your gun you get the license after a few weeks by mail. At least this is how we got our gun (.38 special via the police) and license. You had to see the face of the Thai checkin counter after she heard that i had a loaded gun case with me. Lol My wife has a concealed license and i a license to transport my gun from home to the shooting range. I dont believe that this works for a shotgun as they are tighter controlled.

I might have to consider a pistol instead. I wouldnt mind a glock 10mm. I really want something noisy so when they turn up it doesnt sound like a pop gun. I want it to sound like a warzone so it sends a clear message if i miss. Do you reckon a glock 10mm has got too much kick for my 50 kilo thai lady?

This is the one you want.

http://www.google.co.th/search?q=glock+9mm&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RmepUYmIFsmnkQXMnYCYDA&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=656

Try to get some of this ammo. You hit them with "Black Talons" - they rarely get back up.

http://www.google.co.th/search?q=black+talon+ammo&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xmepUeWQA8mQkAX_w4CoCw&sqi=2&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=656

Glock makes some nice stuff, the price is reasonable and they go BANG almost every time in the hands of an experienced user. I would highly suggest taking some time at one of the shooting ranges with your GF and see what works for her. Rent several different guns and see what fits. Auto’s, like the Glock 9mm have high capacity, but can become complicated to the novice shooter. A .38 wheel gun (that’s cowboy talk) will do the job. And believe me, in a block house it will sound like a bomb going off. A wheel gun will go BANG every time.

Edited by Shot

I do miss my service-issued Glock 22.

There is a gun accessories shop between Dowroong village and the traffic light going towards Chalong. about 200 metres on the right. Google streetview does not show the shop. Must be a new one.

how about a water gun filled with pepper spray. make up some pepper spray with chillies and vinegar and find a small, powerful, well made song kran water gun. keep it close to the front door in case of unwelcome guest

Thanks

Gun license has to be organized via the local amphur or the police if you have the connections, at this stage you choose you model and the paperwork is made. With the paperwork you can by your gun which most of the time has to be done in Bangkok. When you have your gun you get the license after a few weeks by mail. At least this is how we got our gun (.38 special via the police) and license. You had to see the face of the Thai checkin counter after she heard that i had a loaded gun case with me. Lol My wife has a concealed license and i a license to transport my gun from home to the shooting range. I dont believe that this works for a shotgun as they are tighter controlled.

I might have to consider a pistol instead. I wouldnt mind a glock 10mm. I really want something noisy so when they turn up it doesnt sound like a pop gun. I want it to sound like a warzone so it sends a clear message if i miss. Do you reckon a glock 10mm has got too much kick for my 50 kilo thai lady?

why don't you consider something else, your making enough macho noise to drive the intruders away, i would have thought a testosterone, beefcake like yourself would prefer hand to hand combat, to me it's like you've knocked someone over and you want to put rubber bumpers on your car instead of getting the brakes fixed, remember in Thailand, you knock 1 down another 10 stand up, take those 10 out, 100 come around, then 1000, make sure your in your Arnold, "i'll be back mode"coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Its perfectly legal for a Thai national to own a gun. I want one for my mia noi and im happy to pay. Bubblegum unless you can tell me where I can aquire a pump action shotgun in Phuket town can you please keep your opinion to yourself

Why does it have to be a shotgun? Why not a pistol?
Pistols arent accurate. Even though my mia noi is a bit slow she doesn't really need much training with a shotgun. She can just point in the general direction and blow away a kamoy (theif)

I think you mean pistols are accurate and shotguns are not. Which means you can just point in the general direction with a shotgun and blast away with a higher chance it will remove a limb or two of someone; hopefully being the burglar and not your neighbour.

It would be interesting to see....

Why does it have to be a shotgun? Why not a pistol?
Pistols arent accurate. Even though my mia noi is a bit slow she doesn't really need much training with a shotgun. She can just point in the general direction and blow away a kamoy (theif)

I think you mean pistols are accurate and shotguns are not. Which means you can just point in the general direction with a shotgun and blast away with a higher chance it will remove a limb or two of someone; hopefully being the burglar and not your neighbour.

It would be interesting to see....

The fact that Mia Noi is a bit slow should have the OP on alert...hopefully she doesn't mistake him for an intruder and ''blow him away''!!

Certain people should definately not have access to guns.w00t.gif

Edited by andreandre

Does anyone have one of the BB guns?

C'mon mate...please stick to topic..smile.png

OP needs a gun to do the following as he posted;..i really don't think a BB gun will satisfy his requirements.....

" next time this Ahole appears I can go dirty harry on him.

He will get blown to hell if he returns when I am around
She can just point in the general direction and blow away a kamoy (theif)
I really want something noisy so when they turn up it doesnt sound like a pop gun. I want it to sound like a warzone so it sends a clear message if i miss."
  • Like 1

Glock makes some nice stuff, the price is reasonable and they go BANG almost every time in the hands of an experienced user. I would highly suggest taking some time at one of the shooting ranges with your GF and see what works for her. Rent several different guns and see what fits. Auto’s, like the Glock 9mm have high capacity, but can become complicated to the novice shooter. A .38 wheel gun (that’s cowboy talk) will do the job. And believe me, in a block house it will sound like a bomb going off. A wheel gun will go BANG every time.

For this reason we went for the .38 special as it is idiot proof for my wife and works always.

For this reason we went for the .38 special as it is idiot proof for my wife and works always.

Is there a secret squirrel gun vigilante club, i don't know about, middle age guys mumbling "come on punk, make my day", i have found this thread a bit disturbing, the macho B/S trying to out do each other is saddening, this seems to be whats very wrong in the world at the minute, get your security improved, that way no one gets killed and no one sits in a cell sh*ting in a hole in the corner, because thats the reality, not a drink down the local telling the tall story of how you blow a young intruder away coffee1.gif

If you don't now the reason don't make comments,

My wife is the sole reason we have a gun as protection as she has to go around late at night with a shit lot of money from out business.

And also she is many times alone at home for several days.

I use the license so i can transport it legally to the shooting for practice.

My wife is the sole reason we have a gun as protection as she has to go around late at night with a shit lot of money from out business.

How can you use a license of somebody else, or do you have a license yourself?

How can you use a license of somebody else, or do you have a license yourself?

My wife and i have both have a license only my license is a restricted license so i can carry the gun with me when going to the shooting range.