Certificate Of Residency Validity Period

watcharacters

As much as possible I avoid Thai officialdom. I choose to have the Missus handle official matters and I think she does an overall good job. She's naturally friendly and engaging so it's easy for her to smile when hoops are placed in her lap. I'm more challenged when faced with absolute "MAD".

We paid the ฿500. without receipt donation, for a certificate of residency at immigration.

We recently were told a Certificate of Residency we submitted while 100% valid at the time of submission was no longer valid while things were being processed over a 45 day time period. 45 days processing time, of course, means 44 days and 23 hours the papers are sitting on an untouched pile as processed wood fiber. I'd generally laugh about this but they were serious and had me at the end game so that i had to submit to the lunacy or risk causing a future problem for the Missus.

We were told the agency required at least 45 days for processing so a 90 day certificate was recommended by her. I simply told the Missus to go the the agency and proffer ฿500. to make this all disappear. She ended up going back to immigration and giving the glad handed lady boss another ฿500 and was told by the boss that the boss doesn't issue certificates for a period of longer than 30 days. She likes repeat business, I guess.

The immigration boss was told in the beginning the purpose of our Certificate, so she knew the time frame requirements.

Have you managed to get the Certificate issued for the validity of time you need it? I know it can be for 30, 60 or 90 days. The agency lady told us that.

Next time, I'll find out about going the embassy route if that's possible but my embassy has no idea where I am. Either that or I'll ask the Missus to be even more emphatic about the purpose of the certificate and find out if it can be issued for a "length of purpose" kind of validity. No doubt that'll fly like that quantity of bricks. 555

Thailand, Love it or leave it. No wait, That's the USA...

Get a yellow tabien baan. Then you don't have to worry about that issue ever again.

Thank for your informative reply. I don't meet all of the known requirements of the yellow tabien baan, much less those unknown ones.

My question still stands as to whether members have managed to get the certificate issued for time periods required above 30 day.

TIA