Change 'o' Visa To 'oa' Visa

Good Day All, Hope you all good?

Im currently on a Non immigration Multiple Entry Category '0' visa valid till next year.

BUT .......These visa runs are becoming a PAIN.

Is there anything that I can change here in Thailand or do I need to return to UK?

Is it possible to make the retirement 'OA' Visa here in Thailand as I fit all the criteria. (Age and bank)

Ideally looking for 90 day reporting at local immigration.

Confused ....Com

Thanks w00t.gif

No, you apply for an "O-A" outside of Thailand, and you don't need to do that if you are already here. Just apply for a one year extension of permission to stay, based on retirement. Apply with about 30 days remaining on one of your entries, and if all your documents are in order, should be granted same day.

Edited by beechguy

No, you apply for an "O-A" outside of Thailand, and you don't need to do that if you are already here. Just apply for a one year extension of permission to stay, based on retirement. Apply with about 30 days remaining on one of your entries, and if all your documents are in order, should be granted same day.

Hi Beechguy

Yes already here! So last 30 days of one of my entries I can apply for the One Yr Extension based on retirement, NO more border runs hopefully!

Thanks all clear now biggrin.png

Hi Beechguy

Yes already here! So last 30 days of one of my entries I can apply for the One Yr Extension based on retirement, NO more border runs hopefully!

I would just check with your immigration office on their version of the required documents, income statement, bank letter, etc, and go prepared. Good luck.

Hi Beechguy

I would just check with your immigration office on their version of the required documents, income statement, bank letter, etc, and go prepared. Good luck.

Yes will check with Immigration.

Believe it will be completed TM7 with photograph, Passport copy with TM bit inside, proof of income letter from British Embassy and House Registration book copied and fee of 1900B.

On a border run now, returning to BKK next wednesday. I did plan to visit the Uk Embassy in BKK on the Friday to get the proof of income letter. Then apply for the extension but I guess this will be a wasted journey. Like you said ....last 30 days of current entry.

Learning all the time with these visa's....but just about there now!

Cheers biggrin.png

Latest reports are that income letter should be current within 15 days of application at some point in the near future so would keep that in mind (as not cheap) so best to get just before making the application. Requirement is 65k per month income or combination to meet 800k per year. It really is a simple process - just be sure to have to proof of where you live.

"Latest reports are that income letter should be current within 15 days of application at some point in the near future so would keep that in mind (as not cheap) so best to get just before making the application."

Is that a rumor?

That is sourced to the US Embassy advise to customers so suspect it has some substance. As they operate an outreach program that issues such letter several months before use for many people expect they have a keen interest.

That said many things go astray between planning and implementation so will fully believe when we have reports. But I would make my income letter payment to be within that 15 days time frame.

There was a report that Jomtien now wants it no older than 15 days. I don't recall reports of any other office wanting it that way.

Most just want it to be within 30 days.

I suggest that they be gotten just a few days before application.