Group Fights 'dictatorship' Linked To Thaksin

webfact

The usual suspects (re-)emerging to discredit a peaceful move which aims at bringing to attention parliamentary dictatorship and corruption.

It almost seem some rather have a few thousand red-shirts moving along the streets 'commemorating' their fallen heroes and wanting justice for all except Abhisit/Suthep of course, and Thaksin back.

It's already been explained to you that this latest protest is simply a new incarnation of the same movement - PAD,Pitak Siam,Multicolored etc.Indeed many of the same leadership names are involved.The aims are the same.

Of course it's good for the government to be kept on their toes and called to account.That's what the opposition is for - though their weak performance in parliament might improve if they stopped looking for victory through the courts or the military (didn't work out so well last time).

If you want to convince yourself that Yingluck is a great tyrant and the old unelected elites (corrupt, greedy and selfish) are only acting for the good of the Thai people, so be it.You may as well believe in fairies.

I think you are confusing your groups, the article says this about the group:

While it's unknown who the leader of the group is, one aspect behind the move relates to safety and anonymity of opponents of the government. Now, after three days of trying, a self-proclaimed "initiator" of the move on Facebook agreed to answer questions on the Internet from The Nation on the condition of anonymity.

You're mistaking this unknown group with those they are talking with, who are known.

Unless you are saying that you know who these unknown group members are. If so, please share.

Edited by pilot321
  • Like 1

I wonder who did the 'explaining' that these groups are just more of the PAD etc. If it was one of the red shirt supporters then that so called explanation is not worth two turds.

It is really amazing that so called democracy (a rather twisted version) supporters have to belittle any opposition to the present government.

Painting them as 'elite supporters' or civil war exponents is par for those who dislike criticism, similar to the likes of Plodprasop plus Yingluck's minders.

So with one part of your "brain" you disregard any explanation from "supporters" of the Red Shirt movement as "not worth two turds" and from the other part of your "brain" you complain about "supporters" who belittle the opposition.

It must be very confusing in that head of yours.

Ah, another one who just cannot refrain from insults.

If you attempted to actually read my post you would (probably) understand that the red shirt supporters referred to are all in the same bloc.

I wonder who did the 'explaining' that these groups are just more of the PAD etc. If it was one of the red shirt supporters then that so called explanation is not worth two turds.

It is really amazing that so called democracy (a rather twisted version) supporters have to belittle any opposition to the present government..

Er, since many of the same names are involved in PAD, Pitak Siam, Multicoloureds and this latest group you don't need to be a red supporter to join up the dots.

There's plenty to oppose in the current government.The Democrats should be doing better at this stage of the government's term.The objection is not to opposition but to the constant invocations for the army and/or courts to step in.

The Op is about the V-mask group which is anonymous so statements about who they are is conjecture if not pure propaganda.

One of your fellow travellers called them 'retards' & you have called them 'proto-fascists' in a previous thread. Your attempted 'joining the dots' is more like filling in a childs colouring book.

The usual suspects (re-)emerging to discredit a peaceful move which aims at bringing to attention parliamentary dictatorship and corruption.

It almost seem some rather have a few thousand red-shirts moving along the streets 'commemorating' their fallen heroes and wanting justice for all except Abhisit/Suthep of course, and Thaksin back.

It's already been explained to you that this latest protest is simply a new incarnation of the same movement - PAD,Pitak Siam,Multicolored etc.Indeed many of the same leadership names are involved.The aims are the same.

Of course it's good for the government to be kept on their toes and called to account.That's what the opposition is for - though their weak performance in parliament might improve if they stopped looking for victory through the courts or the military (didn't work out so well last time).

If you want to convince yourself that Yingluck is a great tyrant and the old unelected elites (corrupt, greedy and selfish) are only acting for the good of the Thai people, so be it.You may as well believe in fairies.

Better to believe in fairies than to believe in red shirts! At least fairies are positive and help people.....not stealing, lying, cheating and censoring.

• Like 2

I hope they are ready for a very vicious backlash from a government which must get its own way. Already these protesters have been described as " psychologically disturbed ", only the reds are normal, well adjusted people, and that's mild compared to what's likely to come. The mildest of criticism faces defamation action and if these protests build up I'm sure the DSI etc, will be let loose resulting in criminal charges being thrown around.

The government has shown it has no tolerance for dissent so standby and I'm sure the ICT Ministry will happily shut down sites without waiting for court orders as I smell fear hanging around the PTP and a cornered animal is the most dangerous.

At the rate they are throwing charges around now they will have to write some new laws to throw at any one who dosen't agree with them.

The sad part is they are so lame brained they think no one is seeing what they are up to.

• Like 1

Unfortunately many Red Shirt supporters seems to fall into the uneducated, poor category. This promotes apathy and allows their leaders to do their thinking for them.

I imagine they do want a better life, but do not have the desire to think how to achieve it.

Good point, especially as the rest of the population are so famously independent minded and unaffected by personal considerations.Ideally there should be some way of disenfranchising or at least minimising the influence of Thailand's rural majority.The appointed senators under the military sponsored constitution was a good start, but ideally the system should give more priority to the well educated, well off and urban middle class and less to those tiresome peasants.Otherwise it just becomes a dictatorship of the majority - effectively the problem now
I'm sure the posters without an axe to grind, fully understood my point.

Probably the majority of Red Shirt supporters just want a happy life.

However, my contact with Red Shirt supporters, shows their aggressive tendencies, no doubt as a result of the diet they are fed.

They are being taken advantage of and like any country with a 'right to vote' (aka Democracy) its all about numbers.

That's why Thaksin wins. Doesn't make it right, but hey, that's Democracy. Shame that this infantile government hasn't accepted that with power comes responsibility for the whole country.

• Like 1

It is really amazing that so called democracy (a rather twisted version) supporters have to belittle any opposition to the present government..

Er, since many of the same names are involved in PAD, Pitak Siam, Multicoloureds and this latest group you don't need to be a red supporter to join up the dots.

There's plenty to oppose in the current government.The Democrats should be doing better at this stage of the government's term.The objection is not to opposition but to the constant invocations for the army and/or courts to step in.

Where are these dots?

Unfortunately many Red Shirt supporters seems to fall into the uneducated, poor category. This promotes apathy and allows their leaders to do their thinking for them.

I imagine they do want a better life, but do not have the desire to think how to achieve it.

Good point, especially as the rest of the population are so famously independent minded and unaffected by personal considerations.Ideally there should be some way of disenfranchising or at least minimising the influence of Thailand's rural majority.The appointed senators under the military sponsored constitution was a good start, but ideally the system should give more priority to the well educated, well off and urban middle class and less to those tiresome peasants.Otherwise it just becomes a dictatorship of the majority - effectively the problem now

However, my contact with Red Shirt supporters, shows their aggressive tendencies, no doubt as a result of the diet they are fed.

They are being taken advantage of and like any country with a 'right to vote' (aka Democracy) its all about numbers.

That's why Thaksin wins. Doesn't make it right, but hey, that's Democracy. Shame that this infantile government hasn't accepted that with power comes responsibility for the whole country.

It just depends how long it takes for them to work out that they are being lied to again, just by a different bunch of people exploiting them in a different way.

It just depends how long it takes for them to work out that they are being lied to again, just by a different bunch of people exploiting them in a different way.

There's a quote I like to bring up in regards to that.

"If the people are not educated, if their rights are not explained, if every man does not know his own worth, what he is capable of and what is owed to him, new illusions will succeed the old ones, and after faltering for some time amid a thousand uncertainties, it may come to be that our fortune will be to replace tyrants without destroying tyranny."

Prologue of Mariano Moreno to Rousseau's "The Social Contract"

Just as valid 200 years ago as it is today here in Thailand.

Edited by AleG
  • Like 2

Where are these dots?

An optical delusion,the initial stages of going blind - or so my mother warned me.

Certainly the Dems should be doing better, they need to get their reorganization over and done with quick smart and move on and gain more real credibility with statements / policies etc., which grab the attention of the current gov't supporters, but not blatant hand outs.

On the other hand I don't agree with you harping about army coups or court interventions.

Please share, Jayboy, when, in recent history any Dem politician said anything about the need for a coup and/or the need for the courts to intervene?

I swear this has all the connotations of sondhi in cahoots with the Thai army channels and the nation to come up with this idea.

This is such a clichéd article it reads like pop art quotes. Why does this story have such good legs?

Probably because the Abhisit nursery school have been the originators of all childish initiatives in Thailand in recent years. The Avatar of Guy fawks is however relevent because Abhisit has stated publically that he is against democrascy in Thailand because Thailand is not ready for democracy.

The object of the original 'Guy Fawks' was the distruction of democrascy in England as has been Abhisits declared goal for Thailand ever since he lost his re-election (sic). QED

Edited by indyuk

"Abhisits declared goal for Thailand" is to fight against Thaksin. There was a topic about that here on TV two months or so ago.

Now the topic is not nursery school or even red school for democracy. No, the topic is on groups fighting dictatorship and in/explicitly our most beloved criminal fugitive.

Certainly the Dems should be doing better, they need to get their reorganization over and done with quick smart and move on and gain more real credibility with statements / policies etc., which grab the attention of the current gov't supporters, but not blatant hand outs.

On the other hand I don't agree with you harping about army coups or court interventions.

Please share, Jayboy, when, in recent history any Dem politician said anything about the need for a coup and/or the need for the courts to intervene?

Their statement revealing substantial budget errors at the Education Ministry certainly caught the eye. thumbsup.gif

Fortunately KY has announced a joint education MOU with Sri Lanka. Perhaps the Lankans can start by teaching those at the Ministry how to count and type?

• Like 1