Yingluck Dismisses Rumors Of Bangkok Violence

webfact

PM dismisses rumors of Bangkok violence

BANGKOK, 1 June 2013 (NNT) - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has reiterated that rumors of violent incidents in Bangkok have been spread by rumor mongers, asking the public not to forward dubious information via the social network.

Before embarking on a trip to Sri Lanka and Maldives on Friday, the premier said the rumors of violence in Bangkok would cause panic among Bangkokians and tourists.

She advised the public to consider whether the news was plausible, and assured them that the government had so far received no report of irregularity.

As for the BRN insurgent group’s latest video clip about the Thai government, the PM said it was one of the pieces of information national security units had to examine according to their procedures.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-2013-06-01 footer_n.gif

The Government, many times, have worried about this or that causing panic among the populace. In all the many years I have been coming to the Kingdom never once have I have seen a Thai panic. I think it is the government that is beginning to panic and they are 'projecting' (a psychiatric term).

• Like 2

The Government, many times, have worried about this or that causing panic among the populace. In all the many years I have been coming to the Kingdom never once have I have seen a Thai panic. I think it is the government that is beginning to panic and they are 'projecting' (a psychiatric term).

"What, me worry?" Alfred E. could have been a Thai.

• Like 1

Yingluck said not to forward any dubious information via the social network but I think she means any information the government does not approve of and that covers a multitude of sins. The government can't ignore how protestors are successfully using all these social sites so the next step has to be control and in the way of any good dictatorship it will mean shutdown and to hell with the consequences.

This government and PTP are so wrapped up in themselves and their aims they will charge on regardless since they are totally correct and anyone with an alternative view is totally wrong.

• Like 2

I can imagine her speech, "there is no violence in Bangkok and I am not leaving because of it, rumours of protestors outside my home and rumours red shirts are going to bash them are untrue, I asked my brother".

• Like 1

Sri Lanka, well trade is not bad -but the trade and industry minister could have gone to do that bit.

As for the Maldives, well a nice little trip to legnthen her short stay, not a lot to do there only observe that the islands are sinking at the same rate as BKK.---I agree with some posters the trip is also a nice getaway, from the protesters in BKK.

The Maldives. Her nephew Oak must have reminded her of the nice time k. Abhisit had there with his family when he got bored sitting at home waiting for the phone call for help which never came.

• Like 2

She advised the public to consider whether the news was plausible, and assured them that the government had so far received no report of irregularity.

Surely, the public is capable of good judgement. See how wisely they chose their leaders. whistling.gif
The word 'plausible' is what shone out for me. The Onion has nothing on Thailand.

Well, as I said in another thread last week, I'm very surprised that the problem has been 'contained' so long in the south... The IRA used to go all the way to London to do its evil.

I have often wondered about that. A big bomb going off in Bangkok would virtually end tourism overnight. I am surprised that radical groups in the south have not done this yet. Clearly their strategy of blowing up rubber tappers and teachers in the deep south has not had much of an effect on the actions of the Thai government....

I am headed to Bangkok on Tuesday. I had better update my will...... :-)

Anybody have a You Tube link? I cannot seem to find it. Just curious what

the demands are.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Goodness me, someone is spreading rumours. Whatever next!

With such an open & honest government, it just beggars belief.

Must be those awful v-masked 'retards'. wink.png

When you see the reaction like this to gossip or in other cases superstition, you do realise that 95% of Thais are only a few generations out of the village.

Last time there were rumours of violence, the Shinawatra clan left the country. Nothing to worry about said Yingluk from the airport.

Wrong last time there were rumours of violence in Bangkok it was also untrue though the the then Prime Minister hid in the 11th Infrantry's barracks and sent snipers out to target practice. Edited by indyuk

Both wrong. The last time we had violence was in November 2012 when 50,000 police officers were obstructing less than 10,000 protesters.

Anyway, a beautiful Sunday. All is well and Ratchaprasong is full of shoppers and friendly masks. Not sure if a friendly mask is better than an artificial smile though.

Both wrong. The last time we had violence was in November 2012 when 50,000 police officers were obstructing less than 10,000 protesters.

Anyway, a beautiful Sunday. All is well and Ratchaprasong is full of shoppers and friendly masks. Not sure if a friendly mask is better than an artificial smile though.

The RTP have changed their tactic for the latest protests.............

post-46292-0-08814100-1370161520_thumb.j Now they openly protect the redshirts who harass other protestors

Edited by waza