Why Do Thais Wake Up At 5:00Am...

Eesat

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But don't you just love the heat and the smell?

Of tractors?the thing is that when you've ridden a John Deere with an air-conditioned cab and a Euro IV engine - well, it's a whole new paradigm

Bangkok

Of tractors?the thing is that when you've ridden a John Deere with an air-conditioned cab and a Euro IV engine - well, it's a whole new paradigm
Bangkok

Not so different, but without the direct power take-off. And doesn't seem to perform so well in the rain.

The heat never bothered me, as generally I enjoyed a good sweat, though I could imagine that some of my fellow passengers on the BTS might have wished Bangkok was a little cooler.

Aweefridge? That'ssurreal

No, I meant like not so warm...

SC

Of tractors?

the thing is that when you've ridden a John Deere with an air-conditioned cab and a Euro IV engine - well, it's a whole new paradigm

On a drum kit it's a paradiddle ;)

Of tractors?

the thing is that when you've ridden a John Deere with an air-conditioned cab and a Euro IV engine - well, it's a whole new paradigm

On a drum kit it's a paradiddle wink.png

A couple of paraddiddles would even wake Johnny Cope

SC

Can't get a John Deere up here. It's all Kubotas and stuff that looks like a long tail boat in reverse.

Single pot diesel wakes me up early every morning.

You might need to switch to drinking 95 RON

Tried that. Doesn't seem to work. These Thais do seem to get up early.

Can't get a John Deere up here. It's all Kubotas and stuff that looks like a long tail boat in reverse.

But at least it will put you off smoking in bed...

If you don't hear from me.....

It would make a great story on Thai Visa. '91 octane farang goes up in smoke'.

I'm sure you or Thaddeus could write a better headline.

Cheers SC.

If you don't hear from me.....

It would make a great story on Thai Visa. '91 octane farang goes up in smoke'.

I'm sure you or Thaddeus could write a better headline.

Cheers SC.

It was spontaneous combustion, your honour. I regret that I can't provide a definitive link, but think you'll find that the French courts have established spontaneous combustion as a precedentual cause of death, Possibly not applicable to Saturday but looking forward to a great game between Malaysia and Singapore.

SC

It's because the bloody roosters that they keep wake them up. They don't care about other people and from experience they can start hammering and other noisy pursuits to suit themselves. I often wonder if Thailand has a noise abatement act?? Civilised countries know that is important that people get a good nights sleep and legislate to protect that right ie....no noisy work before 7.30 am and on Sundays not before 8.30

Ah yes, and woken by a magpie singing in a gum tree nearby. Sigh...

If we thinks it's too early to start here, try Java. The call to prayer starts well before dawn, and those speakers are designed to really wake you.

It's not so great here with the Dawntreaders, but we've made our bed....

Now if only I could silence the coffee grinder 3 metres from my bedroom window!

It's because the bloody roosters that they keep wake them up. They don't care about other people and from experience they can start hammering and other noisy pursuits to suit themselves. I often wonder if Thailand has a noise abatement act?? Civilised countries know that is important that people get a good nights sleep and legislate to protect that right ie....no noisy work before 7.30 am and on Sundays not before 8.30

Ah yes, and woken by a magpie singing in a gum tree nearby. Sigh...

If we thinks it's too early to start here, try Java. The call to prayer starts well before dawn, and those speakers are designed to really wake you.

It's not so great here with the Dawntreaders, but we've made our bed....

Now if only I could silence the coffee grinder 3 metres from my bedroom window!

An hour. The call to prayer starts an hour before dawn. I know it's a hardship, but it's better than missing mornng prayers, isn't it? We're lucky in Malaysia that dawn is so late - it must be about two hours earlier in Bali (time zone, and further East)

SC

Ah yes, and woken by a magpie singing in a gum tree nearby. Sigh... If we thinks it's too early to start here, try Java. The call to prayer starts well before dawn, and those speakers are designed to really wake you. It's not so great here with the Dawntreaders, but we've made our bed.... Now if only I could silence the coffee grinder 3 metres from my bedroom window!
An hour. The call to prayer starts an hour before dawn. I know it's a hardship, but it's better than missing mornng prayers, isn't it? We're lucky in Malaysia that dawn is so late - it must be about two hours earlier in Bali (time zone, and further East)SC

Yes. Understood. But is Java East or West of Krakatoa?

Ah yes, and woken by a magpie singing in a gum tree nearby. Sigh... If we thinks it's too early to start here, try Java. The call to prayer starts well before dawn, and those speakers are designed to really wake you. It's not so great here with the Dawntreaders, but we've made our bed.... Now if only I could silence the coffee grinder 3 metres from my bedroom window!
An hour. The call to prayer starts an hour before dawn. I know it's a hardship, but it's better than missing mornng prayers, isn't it? We're lucky in Malaysia that dawn is so late - it must be about two hours earlier in Bali (time zone, and further East)SC

Yes. Understood. But is Java East or West of Krakatoa?

You've been watching old movies! Krakatoa is between Sumatera and Java, and is WEST of Java.

Fortunately, there are precious few mosques in Bali, being mainly Hindu.

• Like 1