Msm Methylsulfonylmethane..

hellodolly

I was looking for some help with Arthritis on another post about Cod Liver Oil.

One suggestion was

"I was also suggesting glucosamine, especially if taken in conjunction with chondroitin"

I know from my Brothers experience that it made a big difference when he added MSM.

Does any one know where I can get it in Chiang Mai.

Thanks to another poster I have the information about it in Thai I can show to Pharmacies.

• Like 1

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun HelloDolly,

Khun Somkuan, who owns the "Green Pharma" in Kad Suan Kaew, on the same below-ground-level that Tops is on, is highly educated, speaks excellent English, and stocks many imported vitamins/minerals, and the usual pharmaceuticals available over-the-counter here. I've known him over ten years, and he has been immensely helpful to me.

He is quite knowledgeable about nutrition, and vitamins, and food supplements. He is not a panacea-peddling new-age air-head, but is definitely "holistic" (in the best sense of that word).

~o:37;

Khun Somkuan, who owns the "Green Pharma" in Kad Suan Kaew, on the same below-ground-level that Tops is on, is highly educated, speaks excellent English, and stocks many imported vitamins/minerals, and the usual pharmaceuticals available over-the-counter here. I've known him over ten years, and he has been immensely helpful to me.

He is quite knowledgeable about nutrition, and vitamins, and food supplements. He is not a panacea-peddling new-age air-head, but is definitely "holistic" (in the best sense of that word).

I agree and he has a big book there that he will refer you too if necessary and if you want he will get a booklet printed out for you, with the relevant information you need........nice guy.

Glcosamine has various levels of report and I understand it's best to take it in powder form. I know a guy in UK who swears by it, when he added Chondroitin for 9 months he said that it didn't seem to make any difference so he stopped it. It's a bit of a lottery out there Dolly regarding supplements, some of them don't come cheap here.......one example (if you can get it) Alpha Lipoic Acid......higher than gold! But very cheap in UK.

It's easy to find yourself on an expensive vitamin merry go round and not know which vitamin is actually helping your most pressing problem.

• Like 1

He is undoubtedly one of the most knowledgeable Pharmacists in town. Very nice guy.

Glcosamine has various levels of report and I understand it's best to take it in powder form. I know a guy in UK who swears by it, when he added Chondroitin for 9 months he said that it didn't seem to make any difference so he stopped it.

I tried those two together, in large doses twice a day for over a year with no discernible results so stopped taking them . Then, just a few months ago, I think it was Dolly who mentioned 'Msm,' so hoping for the possibility that the Chonro and Glucosamine just needed a catalyst of Msm, I ordered some. I've been taking all three, twice a day now for the past few months, and it's 'possible' that my knees are actually working better. I have to start off slowly, with some pain, but after a block or two can walk at a brisk pace completely pain-free for a good 10k on level or uphill ground. This beats the hell out of the 200 meters I could hobble along in agony last year. Going downhill still hurts a bit, but I'm going to keep taking this stuff and see what happens. Now, if I could only lower my sex drive... (lower it from my head to my...)

• Like 2

Glcosamine has various levels of report and I understand it's best to take it in powder form. I know a guy in UK who swears by it, when he added Chondroitin for 9 months he said that it didn't seem to make any difference so he stopped it.

I tried those two together, in large doses twice a day for over a year with no discernible results so stopped taking them . Then, just a few months ago, I think it was Dolly who mentioned 'Msm,' so hoping for the possibility that the Chonro and Glucosamine just needed a catalyst of Msm, I ordered some. I've been taking all three, twice a day now for the past few months, and it's 'possible' that my knees are actually working better. I have to start off slowly, with some pain, but after a block or two can walk at a brisk pace completely pain-free for a good 10k on level or uphill ground. This beats the hell out of the 200 meters I could hobble along in agony last year. Going downhill still hurts a bit, but I'm going to keep taking this stuff and see what happens. Now, if I could only lower my sex drive... (lower it from my head to my...)

maybe the little blue pill?

Yes my brother had bad knees all his life in fact he couldent get in the army because of them. He got some relief the Chondrotiin and Glucosamine but it was a real boost when he started adding the MSM,

Where did you get yours and what was the cost? I am going to KSK and talk to the man there and I have heard of another Pharmacist out in the Mai jo area. I have a friend who recommends her as well as the one in KSK.

Thank you all for your input.

Yes my brother had bad knees all his life in fact he couldent get in the army because of them. He got some relief the Chondrotiin and Glucosamine but it was a real boost when he started adding the MSM,

Where did you get yours and what was the cost? I am going to KSK and talk to the man there and I have heard of another Pharmacist out in the Mai jo area. I have a friend who recommends her as well as the one in KSK.

Thank you all for your input.

I ordered all three of them (my Chodro and Glugco were pretty old) from some outfit I found on the Internet, shipping from Australia. They sent it in a week. I really have to think that the combination is what is allowing me to move again. I pretty much hadn't been able to for several years. Now, I can 'speed walk' for an hour without breaking a sweat (in cold weather, that is.) No pain in my knees at all after the warm-up. If my back would work the same way I'd be really happy. Back isn't too bad these days, but I'd really prefer to feel as if I were 21 again.

Seven years ago Dr. Suthee told me I needed to have back surgery done (I was strapped into a huge back brace and eating major pain pills like candy.) I found someone else who said 'don't let them cut. I can help you fix it.' And she did. Today, I can move around comfortably, but do get a twinge or two getting out of bed or when I stand for two long. I'm glad I didn't let Dr,Suthee fuse my spine back when he wanted to...

maybe the little blue pill?

That only works for getting the blood to flow. No problems with that. I need to get the urge to flow. What ever happened to the days when I would think about sex several times a day? 'Course these days I can no longer be lead around by my gonads... Saves a lot of grief, to say nothing of money!

• Like 1

Bb Gm

Well hello, Dolly, this is rawhod, Dolly

Bbm7 Bbdim Cm F7

It would be nice to have the credit I deserve, Dolly

lol....

I hope it helps...

Sorry about that I couldn't remember who gave me the jawbreaker name for it.

thank you I am definatly going to see the Pharmacist that is recommended here,

I also received the name written in Thai and was worrying about looking for it. All over town.

But TV has come through for me

I have had rheumatoid arthritis since I was 25 and used to take pharmaceutical drugs for the pain. The problem with them is that eventually I would always build a tolerance and have to increase the dose or switch to a stronger drug.

About 10 years ago, I decided to try glucosomine. I stopped taking the pharmaceutical drugs completely. It took almost 3 months to take effect, but after that, the pain seemed to lessen to the same point as taking pharmaceutical drugs and I have never had to increase the dose. I did notice that when I added chondroitin and MSM after a few years the pain decreased even more. Of course, there is no way to prove that it was the supplements as arthritis can go into remission. However, it had never happened to me before for more than a few months, so I figure that the glucosomine/chondroitin/MSM formula is worth continuing.

I recommend a product called > " SUPER -FLEX- 3 " < from BIOVEA UK. it contains the following items

*Glocosamine HCL 1500 mg - Chondroitin Sulphate 1200 mg - Methylsulphonylmethane (MSM) 250 mg.

To get the product details view their website ... biovea.com/uk

I have taken "Osteo-Biflex triple strength" for many years, and it definitely helps my arthritis. It contains Glucosomine, Chondroitin, and MSM. I have not found it in Thailand, but several Ebay merchants offer it. It's not cheap, but a little searching can result in the best price with a reasonable shipping charge. Make sure they ship by post office, not courier.