What Have You Done To The Pizza? Oh Mamma Mia!

bluweyze

Since reading reviews on Thai Visa my family and I have been users of Mamma Mia Pizza in San Sai. Decent food, good prices. Last night however I was shocked to receive a pizza which has replaced the mozzarella cheese with something like creme fraiche or yoghurt, I don't know what it is but it's not cheese. On inquiring I was told it is a new recipe, no more cheese; a healthy pizza. I suspect the cost of mozzarella may have affected the decision. To me a pizza without the cheese is not a pizza. My last words after paying the bill was to plead for the recipe to go back, but body language says that plea fell on stony ground. It is a shame, please Mamma Mia give us back the cheese!

• Like 2

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pffft. Without cheese it's not a pizza. If they want cheeseless pizza crap for health nuts it should be an option.

Never been, had planned to go there after hearing good reviews. Not any more.

So they didn't tell you before you ordered the pizza about the new recipe and they came out with creme fraiche or yoghurt on top of the Pizza! May be some Thai staff was playing around with the topping.

Edited by ARISTIDE

Yoghurt on a pizza HAHAHEHEHURRRP that's even more rediculous as when you need binoculairs to locate the tuna on your tuna pizza, which is very common here.

This is just stealing. Let them eat their own crap or feed it to the fish.

We never went back after being served a "sausage" pizza with pieces of hot dog on it. And the tomatoe sauce was way too sweet.

I'm getting the impression that the shop ran out of mozzarella and, also, the staff are serving Thai style pizzas with mayo. and those awful sausages. There is no excuse for the tomato mix being sweet. Good canned Italian tomatoes are available and there's nothing sweet added to it for pizzas.

If the owner is Italian he needs to get on top of his business and not leave it to local staff to do as they please. If he wants to satisfy both Thai taste and Western taste, he can offer the choice.

We never went back after being served a "sausage" pizza with pieces of hot dog on it. And the tomatoe sauce was way too sweet.

I'm getting the impression that the shop ran out of mozzarella and, also, the staff are serving Thai style pizzas with mayo. and those awful sausages. There is no excuse for the tomato mix being sweet. Good canned Italian tomatoes are available and there's nothing sweet added to it for pizzas.

If the owner is Italian he needs to get on top of his business and not leave it to local staff to do as they please. If he wants to satisfy both Thai taste and Western taste, he can offer the choice.

From the posts on here, sounds like he needs to get a grip pretty quick!!

From the posts on here, sounds like he needs to get a grip pretty quick!!

Defenitely yes, his business is seriously being messed up !

I had a take away mushroom and ham pizza last night from Mama Mia and it was with mozzarella cheese and excellent quality as before. If you have any problems discuss it with Joseph as he is a nice guy

It was last night that we went, my wife and I talked to the mother, a nice lady, but she told us they had changed the recipe for this 'healthy' but pretty awful recipe. Something doesn't quite gel, maybe the poster who said they had temporarily run out of mozzarella is correct, but then telling us would have been a better option because I don't give custom to cheese-less pizzas. I have only seen Joseph there once in the many times that we've been, but we go early because of the kids.