Late Night Loud Motorbikes

JomtienEats

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, 194 db is just about the loudest sound possible. Louder than standing next to a jet engine.

I just happen to be the main designer for Yamaha GYTR after market race products. 2000' Thru 2007'. One of the main products was exhaust systems.

I happen to know a little about exhaust system design. And loud does not increase HP. Almost all after market pipes on 4stroke engines only moves your power band around . Thus, making you think it has more power.

I'm guilty of having a loud modified Honda wave (engine is not stock) but I'm smart and don't go racing around the streets making noise,pissing off everybody in my wake. And as far as Harley guys running around with drag pipes don't get me started...

If you want to go fast, go racing.

Edited by highonthai
  • Like 2

The funny thing is... My loud pipe is from USA which is in germany not allowed ;)

I love that pipe... Awesome!

I think around 180db :))

Are you for real or just taking the piss? How someone like you is able to read and write, let alone using internet, is a mystery to me.

It may have been me on my HD.I have loud pipes on it,sounds like thunder.It's my horn.I want people to see me. Maybe I won't get ran over.Sorry I'm just trying to stay alive

I, and thousands of others, ride bikes that don't make a lot of noise "for people to see us" and give us an illusion of safety.

Maybe your aren't man enough to ride a bike.

I dnt want more hp.... I want to piss people off thats my plan.

And belive me that pipe is better than any horn!

Whatever... Iam out for now .

I get my bike and drive a little bit around... Love thailand !

Byeeee:)

• Like 1

If this is the worst problem the OP has had in his life, than he has no problems at all.

Down my way, I hear the chickens cock a dooda looing, the dogs howling, wild cats fighting, heavy vehicles thundering down the highway, motor bikes that sound like airplanes, and worst of all, the wife snoring and my neighbor coughing his lungs up and farting, which goes on all through the night, but I am well used to all that now.

Welcome to Thailand.

Well BJ; there must be two Thailand's because down my way we have none of the things that you mention, just peace and quiet, the birds singing and the silence of the Gecko's eating the mossie's.

Welcome to my Thailand indeed.

• Like 1

what happens when or if they take the vehicle test.too loud it will fail.this is a similar issue in many countries so why worry take a sleeping tablet and sleep

There are vehicle tests in other countries and vehicle tests in Thailand....and there is a big difference.....like in other countries the bike will really be tested.....in Thailand you pays yer money and gets yer ticket....test done.....seen it....done it....been there.

Lol... I would be happy to hear that kind of "music" in my room....If u dont like it... Y u dnt put plugs in your ear or live on a island where are no other people;)

Glad you like it, me I agree with this man. Enough is enough, why do the Thai's tolerate this?

Little bit of sugar in the petrol tank used to cure this problem around my way a few years back....or a potato up the exhaust pipe.

Value grinding paste is much better, take the lid off, drop it in the fuel tank, if they don't discovery it, it will keep wearing their motors out, until the paste is used up.

Little bit of sugar in the petrol tank used to cure this problem around my way a few years back....or a potato up the exhaust pipe.

Value grinding paste is much better, take the lid off, drop it in the fuel tank, if they don't discovery it, it will keep wearing their motors out, until the paste is used up.

And if you were caught doing this you, would be eating from a straw for a very long time

Excellent links, thank you. Of course it won't change any noisy bikers' minds because that is not really why they like them loud.

You don't have it so bad. I live across the street from a biker bar. It's amazing what humans can get used to. I still wake up momentarily each time one passes, but fall right back to sleep. I think having the right attitude might help. I will eventually move, but expect some other bothersome thing will take the vroom, vroom's place. I came to Thailand to relax and no motorcycle can stop that.

• Like 1

You don't have it so bad. I live across the street from a biker bar. It's amazing what humans can get used to. I still wake up momentarily each time one passes, but fall right back to sleep. I think having the right attitude might help. I will eventually move, but expect some other bothersome thing will take the vroom, vroom's place. I came to Thailand to relax and no motorcycle can stop that.

YEP like Cockerels, Soi Dogs, loud Neibours etc etc if it is not bikers they are complaining about it will be something else Sado's

I think u r right... Its way to agressiv...

Im sorry if somone felt offended with my posts..but that was not a nice topic at all...

Even the first post.... I think deleting the whole thread is much better and everybody relax again, except my...iam calm all time ;)))