Procedure For Voluntarily Removing A Usufruct From A Chanod

My ex-wife wishes to buy out the 50% of the house sale proceeds which I am entitled to under our divorce settlement. I am agreeable to this.

The chanod is in her name, but my usufruct, granting me lifetime residence is registered on the back of the chanod.

If she comes up with the required cash, I will need to go to the land office and have the usufruct removed.

I assume this is a straight forward procedure and will just have to sign some forms, but this being Thailand, who knows?
Has anyone ever done this, and if so, was it a simple process and did it cost any money?

Thanks

Mobi

Never done it myself, but an old (2009) TV thread may be useful ( http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/287299-usufruct-cancellation/ )

The relevant reply (post#6 by member samILO) is as follows

It is a very simple transaction, you go together with your wife to the land office, bring the 2 originals of Usufruct agreement you have (if not file a report that such is (are) lost with the local police), your passport, your wife's Id Card and House register plus the original title deed and apply to cancel the registration of usufruct. There will be some small fees to be paid and after all process is completed, the title deed will be free from the registration.

Of course procedure may have changed.

I just had a RENT contract removed from my EX GFs house papers in the Amphoe Land Office, was no big deal.

I let the EX GF do the whole paper work, just arrived for the signing.

I was than only asked by the official if I know and understand what I am doing and than signed to agree that the contract was cancelled.

Minimal Fee. Finished. If I ever see the money what is promised to me, I will see. whistling.gif

There had been circumstances which did not made it possible that all the money would run beforehand, or at same time.

Thanks for the replies, pretty much what I expected.

To my knowledge there was only ever one original of the Usufruct, in the same way as there is only one original chanod. Maybe different offices have different procedures.

I guess I'll find out when I go there.