International Mailing Services-which Do U Use?

pekkes1978

WHEN LOOKING INTO MAILING COSTS TO THE USA AND JAPAN, I WAS SHOCKED AT HOW MUCH IT IS! EX: A 4KG PACKAGE TO THE U.S.(APPROX. 10 DAY AIRMAIL) WOULD COST 3,600 BAHT. THIS WAS QUOTED TO ME AT THE POST OFFICE IN PHRA KHANONG.

OF COURSE, THERE'S UPS, DHL, FED EX. ALL VERY RELIABLE BUT PRICEY. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD BETTER LUCK SENDING STUFF OUT OF THAILAND AT A CHEAPER PRICE.

IVE ASKED FOR SHIPPING PRICES AT A FEW DIFFERENT POST OFFICES BUT GET DIFFERENT PRICES QUOTES EVERYTIME...

Within Asia I use EMS for small packages. Lot cheaper than the foreign couriers. Tends to be a bit slower, 2-3 days difference, depending on the size of the package and probably the content.

I generally use the shop at Promphong BTS station. I found out they're cheaper than the postoffice. don't know how they do it, but there is about a 10% difference in price.

If time is not a factor, consider seamail to the US. Time varies from 2-4 weeks. If it's all printed material, that's even cheaper...

I've never had any problems with using Thai Postal System, but I've always had problems with international carrier's 'extra' charges, and the fact that everything coming in on an international carrier goes through customs, but with the Thai postal system, there is less chance of customs charges, in my experience.

Edited by Ajarn