Soi 7 Beer Garden Closing?

WinnieTheKhwai

It's the area on the other side of the road that includes the owner's house, the car park, food court, New Wave and the shopping arcade that's being sold for redevelopment. The shops are only being given 6 months renewal.

The old brasses in the Biergarten won't have to retire just yet.

I doubt that the brasses will be selling there wears off at reduced prices :-(

It's the area on the other side of the road that includes the owner's house, the car park, food court, New Wave and the shopping arcade that's being sold for redevelopment. The shops are only being given 6 months renewal.

Now that is tragic, there is some very decent seafood to be had there. I prefer the hoi sot available on that side, to the stale offerings at the beirgarden

I played a lot of pool at New Wave, too bad it has to go

• 4 weeks later...

A Shame, as I liked it when I had to be in BKK and it was an affordable place to sit and drink some beers!!!

About two years ago, I read somewhere that the Beir Garten was a place where ex pats meet for a drink and blether ( not The Blether we all know)One day late afternoon, I walked in and started to walk around, looking for Farangs to join for a drink ( in my case orange juice), this guy started to follow close behind me, probably a sort of doorman, not being a bar hopper, I don't know whether this is usual or not, so I just waved my hand at him and walked back out, may I add that I do not wear shorts, simmets, have facial hair or tattoos, so I wonder what his problem was.

A Shame, as I liked it when I had to be in BKK and it was an affordable place to sit and drink some beers!!!

About two years ago, I read somewhere that the Beir Garten was a place where ex pats meet for a drink and blether ( not The Blether we all know)One day late afternoon, I walked in and started to walk around, looking for Farangs to join for a drink ( in my case orange juice), this guy started to follow close behind me, probably a sort of doorman, not being a bar hopper, I don't know whether this is usual or not, so I just waved my hand at him and walked back out, may I add that I do not wear shorts, simmets, have facial hair or tattoos, so I wonder what his problem was.

Perhaps THAT was the problem

He was probably the Greeter or Maitre D'ee just wishing to offer you as an esteemed potential and valued customer a "hundred thousands welcomes"

Always was a friendly Gin Joint and like others on tv have been a visitor over the last 30 years or so but not really any more.

Prefer the A/C in Gullis through the tunnel.....all in the back muscles...geb elb...geb elb...

So sorry to hear this. I've been going there for thirty years. When I first went there it was about half as big as now, and if I remember correctly there were no walls and a chain-link fence instead. It's a bit of a historic institution and I have some very fond memories of the place. The management went out of their way to chase away the ketoys and the trouble-maker girls and you could pretty much trust that any girl you took home was not going to slip you a mickey or otherwise rip you off.

However, the Bier Garden ain't what it used to be and I seldom go there anymore. I think what's killed a lot of its business ... at least for me ... is not letting the girls sit at the two bars just inside the entrance. It's never been the same since then. Oh well ... the end of an era, and I'm feeling old.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

I hope the food court doesn't go too. I've eaten hundreds of meals there over the years ... always at La Laguna. Best calamari I ever had, except for in Greece.

Gullivars is right around the corner

Gullivars is right around the corner

Personally speaking: Gullivers sucks! For sure, it ain't the Beer Garden ... not even close. But, each to his own.

• Like 1

Where are all the birds gonna work? Nana plaza?

Doubt it.More ladyboys than girls there now. Cough!

So I hear.

Called Banana Plaza now

So I hear.

Called Banana Plaza now

That's not true. While there are a couple of ladyboy clubs, they are far outnumbered by non-boy ladies ... i.e., real females.

I have known the Beer Garden Soï 7 for many years!

It is a safe,cheap and very friendly place where you can meet a lot of interersting people!

I am very sad to learn that the plce will soon close!But is it true???

• Like 1

Perhaps THAT was the problem

My thoughts exactly..................

So I hear.

Called Banana Plaza now

Never seen a lb in there, but then I'm just a frequent visitor................biggrin.png

• Like 1