Age Difference With Babies = Happiness?

thehelmsman

From above ...

Sadly now this is down to page 5 and few people will be reading by now and I wish I had posted this earlier ... but like starting a family, you do that when you think the time is right for you.

Kids don't need many material things to make them happy.

I stay at the gf's Farm and there is a collection of relatives who have houses on the Farm land or own adjoining Farms, so there is always kids around. Sure you lose a little privacy, but you more then make up for that with the joy of family.

attachicon.gifLR DSCF6740.JPG

No shoes, no shirts but a bike and no cares ... the joys of childhood

attachicon.gifLR DSCF6726 R.JPG . attachicon.gifLR DSCF6958.JPG

This boy is being raised by all who live at the Farm.

His Mum works away, Grandma feeds him. The Farm has lent him a bike which they don't need.

I discipline him when he does wrong.

The gf gives him a hug when the boy crys because nasty Farang takes his bike away for a day when he's naughty.

Is he happy ... hell yes.

This is a game, the name in Thai sounds something like Toy lee en.

They are simply rolling a coin off a wooden board.

The music is not a soundtrack, it's being played at the Farm.

The boy has the base of a small boat, we found that as discarded rubbish.

Do you need money to have fun ... not really. Just an active imagination and a safe place to play.

So, the OP asked the question ... "So, I believe a lot of the 50+ guys with younger GF/Wives who are happy with their relationships also have babies."

So, is age an influencing factor when deciding to start or extend your Family ... sure.

Is it a determining factor? For some couples maybe ... for others in a committed loving relationship ... hell no.

Thanks for getting this far ... wai.gif

I'm not saying it will, but do you think the absents of his Mother will affect him in the future, surely It will in some way.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His Mum works away, Grandma feeds him. The Farm has lent him a bike which they don't need.

The gf gives him a hug when the boy crys because nasty Farang takes his bike away for a day when he's naughty.

Is he happy ... hell yes..

I'm not saying it will, but do you think the absents of his Mother will affect him in the future, surely It will in some way.

I see where you're coming from.

Firstly, she's an absentee Mum, not an absent one. That said, she is not much of an influence in his rearing.

Will her absence affect him ... 100%, absolutely sure about that.

Is that compensated by the other Family he has ... I hope so.

But that boy you refer to has no Fatherly contact and an absent mother ... both Thai and both roughly in their early or late 20's.

It's not an ideal situation, but like most things in Thailand ... it is what it is.

If you can't educate them properly then regardless of age you should be very wary of having children here. The education system is less than satisfactory.

If you are an older father, the risks are that you will not be around to nurture them with certain values that you hold as important..

I have a good friend 72 with 2 young children as happy a 72 year old you will meet anywhere, extremely fit and conscious of his responsibilities now and when he will not be here..I just fear that the wife will just revert back to village life when his influence is no longer around..something he doesn't want..

The whole scenario is fraught with future difficulties for the children not the elderly father..

He is extremely happy so who can deny him that..

If you can't educate them properly then regardless of age you should be very wary of having children here. The education system is less than satisfactory.

If you are an older father, the risks are that you will not be around to nurture them with certain values that you hold as important..

I have a good friend 72 with 2 young children as happy a 72 year old you will meet anywhere, extremely fit and conscious of his responsibilities now and when he will not be here..I just fear that the wife will just revert back to village life when his influence is no longer around..something he doesn't want..

The whole scenario is fraught with future difficulties for the children not the elderly father..

He is extremely happy so who can deny him that..

He is happy that is what matters!

Not the fact that if he dies his young children will be without their fathers influence and revert to village life.

CCC

How many of the late 50's to mid 60's ex-pats in Thailand sat down with Thai wife/partner and had a discussion about having a child.

Did future income, life insurance, living on a UK state pension only come into the discussion.

I for one don't believe it can be more than 1% of them.

Seeing a mid 60's guy being dragged along beach road by his 30 year old wife and 5 year old child is a ridiculous sight in my mind.

At that age a man should be enjoying retirement and not worrying about school fees, new shoes for the kids etc etc.

Even if he can afford it it still looks wrong and a bit sad.

It doesn't matter the age of the father = any father taking his 5 year old along beach road is a sad sight.
  • Like 1

How many of the late 50's to mid 60's ex-pats in Thailand sat down with Thai wife/partner and had a discussion about having a child.

Did future income, life insurance, living on a UK state pension only come into the discussion.

I for one don't believe it can be more than 1% of them.

Seeing a mid 60's guy being dragged along beach road by his 30 year old wife and 5 year old child is a ridiculous sight in my mind.

At that age a man should be enjoying retirement and not worrying about school fees, new shoes for the kids etc etc.

Even if he can afford it it still looks wrong and a bit sad.

It doesn't matter the age of the father = any father taking his 5 year old along beach road is a sad sight.
Indeed, what sort of parent takes their child to that sort of place.

It's wrong, selfish and irresponsible.

CCC

• Like 1

From above ...

Sadly now this is down to page 5 and few people will be reading by now and I wish I had posted this earlier ... but like starting a family, you do that when you think the time is right for you.

Kids don't need many material things to make them happy.

I stay at the gf's Farm and there is a collection of relatives who have houses on the Farm land or own adjoining Farms, so there is always kids around. Sure you lose a little privacy, but you more then make up for that with the joy of family.

attachicon.gifLR DSCF6740.JPG

No shoes, no shirts but a bike and no cares ... the joys of childhood

Is he happy ... hell yes.

This is a game, the name in Thai sounds something like Toy lee en.

They are simply rolling a coin off a wooden board.

The music is not a soundtrack, it's being played at the Farm.

The boy has the base of a small boat, we found that as discarded rubbish.

Do you need money to have fun ... not really. Just an active imagination and a safe place to play.

So, the OP asked the question ... "So, I believe a lot of the 50+ guys with younger GF/Wives who are happy with their relationships also have babies."

So, is age an influencing factor when deciding to start or extend your Family ... sure.

Is it a determining factor? For some couples maybe ... for others in a committed loving relationship ... hell no.

Thanks for getting this far ... wai.gif

Thanks for sharing.

Granted material things arn't everything. A loving,safe happy family is everything. Although when you've cut the cord of your own and cared for them. Taught them to eat, walk, read and write, nursed them through illness and had many a sleepless night. Started them at school, the materialism starts rearing it's unavoidable ugly head, as a parent you do your best.

For the record i think you will be a great dad regardless of your age.

All the best

CCC

• Like 1

Most posters have assumed a man in his late 50s to 60s will not see his kids finish their studies and become independent. To put everything in perspective, the average man from most developed nations will live till the late 70s : http://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/life-expectancy-statistics.phpSo most men who have kids in their 50s are likely to see their kids graduate and progress into the working work before they die. Of course, any of us can drop dead tomorrow for wahtever reason, regardless of age.

Good post,reminds me of an article I read a couple of years ago regarding life expectancy in the UK.

They reckon that 33% of all new born children will reach the age of 100, and even for people who are now 65, 12% of those will also reach the 100 yr mark. I do wish people would try and be more optimistic,you can be one of those lucky people, just try and keep yourself fit, by regular exercise and eating well, sure the older you get the more chance of you kicking the bucket increases,

But that is the same for every age group. I personally know of 4 children here in Thailand who have lost their Farang father in the last 3 yrs.

One child's father was 50 while the other 3 lost their father when he was in his mid 30's.

I am not sure if I am your "The Hater" .Old men look disgusting especially when they try to seduce me and my friends and I feel offended about it.

don't worry, in a couple of years when you get older no one will hit on you anymore

but trust me in this, you will long for the good old days.....

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 1