Surin To Siem Reap ? Bus ?

bikkalad

Hi all, Anybody know if this possible ??? Currently in Chaiyaphum and will be heading down to Surin but like to check out Cambodia ..... hopefully starting from the above ??? Your thoughts or experience will be much appreciated.........cheers

At the main bus station in Surin you can get a local white 9 passenger van for 60 baht from Surin to the Chong Chom border crossing. 70 km and takes about 1.5 hours. the bus seats 9 legally but you may 20 joining you. After you exit Thailand and clear Cambodia immigration there are taxi(lemo) at this point that will take you to Siem Reap for 2000 baht. Its a two lane black top road and takes about 2 hours. I have done this my self. No bus from the border to SR but their is a bus from the border (O'Smach) to PP 600 baht. Chickens hanging from the back. I took a a pass on that and took a taxi to PP for 4000 baht.

Edited by khwaibah

Thinking of going to Pattaya for a couple of days as I've not been there so looks like my route will be changing ?? I've heard you can get to Snookville that way ?? Basically just want to check out SS / PP & Snooky as have 6 weeks to kill then I've gonna be flying out of Phuket....... In Isaan at the moment...........

Just got a quote of 2700 baht .... pick up from hotel in Pattaya to SHV via Koh Kong hotel included/ breakfast...... probably go that way.....otherwise male my own way to bus station then 800 baht on bus to border, find and pay for hotel ?? then organise way to SHV ?? think I will just bite the bullet and pay the 2700.......job done