Best Tires With Grip?

Hello!

Need new tires for Nisan nv car on the backside still ok , but front at end of his days!

I want buy more wide version with grip?

Is more wide possible to install?

Local shop has only Bridgestone and maxis where this company come from?

Chinese brands mostly failed in European tests!

In bigger city s see also Dunlop but I don't know regular price

Of each brand or Modell?

From memory the NV comes with 175/65R14. If it is a very late one maybe 185/65R14. Bridgestone/Dunlop/Yokohama?

I would surf for tire reviews and opinions then decide. There are companies in Bangkok that will ship tires to you. Or your local B-Quik etc...Depend where you are.

If you want wider you will need to buy wider wheels, std are 14 x 5.5. Try any tire shop with loads of alloy wheels in the window. But as has been said if you put wider ones on the front you really should have the same on the back, if only because it will look stupid if you don't.

Edit: If by better grip you means for going to the farm etc then you need what used to be called "town and county" tires but i doubt they are available here. They are noisier on the highway.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

The Nissan nv being a front-wheel drive is hard on its front tires. This, combined with engine weight directly over the tires, will make it more difficult to maneouvre if you install wider profiles.

Suggest a narrow(ish) BFGooderich tire which, in my anecdotal survey, many red cabs use for their reputed high mileage. Personally I'm a Yokohama fan

A somewhat narrower tire makes it easier to turn.

Better grip usually means softer rubber thus quicker wear n' tear.

From my loooooooooooooong motoring life of various road and track stuff it is very hard to recommend a particular tyre for a particular ride. The reason is that all rides are different in construction and weight distribution. Bit of a minefield unless you find someone with the same ride and above all tells the truth. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Wet grip or dry grip? Or both? I like yokohama and michelin personally. Michelin pilot sport 3 are a good choice, but not sure if available in 14". Not sure if the nv has abs, but a wider grippy tire allows for harder braking before the abs is activated - however wider tires can become hard to turn as they age, and fuel consumption will suffer a little.

You might not have to change rim size with a wider tyre. Pick a tyre size, log on to their site and they will quote recommended rim width for that tyre. thumbsup.gif

Dont Foreget the Pressures. and your Tesco Gauge.sorry.gif

Mandatory whistling.gif ..............................laugh.png

• Like 1

The best tires I've ever fitted to a small FWD car like this were the Goodyear Eagle F1 directional's - they liked to squeal a bit at 9/10's but they hang on very well int the wet and dry, and were reasonably quiet. They replaced a set of Dunlop SP Sports (1yo/12,000KM) and the difference was literally night and day. That was all 4 years ago now though, and I notice that Goodyear are now pitching version 5 of the F1's, so YMMV.

I would certainly not suggest changing just the fronts though - trade in your still-OK rears and get a set of 4.. then start rotating your tires so they wear more evenly next time wink.png

Edited by IMHO

The best tires I've ever fitted to a small FWD car like this were the Goodyear Eagle F1 directional's - they liked to squeal a bit at 9/10's but they hang on very well int the wet and dry, and were reasonably quiet. They replaced a set of Dunlop SP Sports (1yo/12,000KM) and the difference was literally night and day. That was all 4 years ago now though, and I notice that Goodyear are now pitching version 5 of the F1's, so YMMV.

I would certainly not suggest changing just the fronts though - trade in your still-OK rears and get a set of 4.. then start rotating your tires so they wear more evenly next time wink.png

I have a photo somewhere where I was driving around Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit, Nooooooooo not racing laugh.png just a yank show, my chum was behind me in a 1982 Z28 Camaro equipped with Eagle tyres, went round a bend, looked in the mirror to see him doing a spin, the marshals choked on their sandwiches and spilt tea down their uniform, cheesy.gif , great fun.

I have a photo somewhere where I was driving around Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit, Nooooooooo not racing laugh.png just a yank show, my chum was behind me in a 1982 Z28 Camaro equipped with Eagle tyres, went round a bend, looked in the mirror to see him doing a spin, the marshals choked on their sandwiches and spilt tea down their uniform, cheesy.gif , great fun.

Vanilla "Eagle's" have been around since the son of your god* was a cowboy wink.png Not the same as the Eagle F1, which are the OEM fitment on the Ferrari California, Porsche Cayman, Boxster and Panamera, Mercedes-Benz E-Class and CLS, and Audi A7 and A8 wink.png

* may not actually be your god ;)

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

Vanilla "Eagle's" have been around since the son of your god* was a cowboy wink.png Not the same as the Eagle F1, which are the OEM fitment on the Ferrari California, Porsche Cayman, Boxster and Panamera, Mercedes-Benz E-Class and CLS, and Audi A7 and A8 wink.png

* may not actually be your god wink.png

They were bald Eagles. laugh.png

• Like 1

From my loooooooooooooong motoring life of various road and track stuff it is very hard to recommend a particular tyre for a particular ride. The reason is that all rides are different in construction and weight distribution. Bit of a minefield unless you find someone with the same ride and above all tells the truth. thumbsup.gif

Yes and so are drivers which is WHY I abstain from opinions on such threads..

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

Who remembers the smell of Castroll R, im almost in tears.violin.gif

thumbsup.gif

I do. You can still find it here. My olfactory sense were tingling the other day out near Rom Kloa Rd. as a 2-stroke went by.

I've got some in my office.

P1011056.jpg

Comes in bottles like above. Takes some searching but is out there.

We used to use the "real" stuff in our race engines back in the day. Still available from Castrol!

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

thumbsup.gif

I do. You can still find it here. My olfactory sense were tingling the other day out near Rom Kloa Rd. as a 2-stroke went by.

P1011056.jpg

We used to use the "real" stuff in our race engines back in the day. Still available from Castrol!

Think thats for lubricating those wee wheels on your office chair. laugh.png

• Like 1

thumbsup.gif

P1011056.jpg

Think thats for lubricating those wee wheels on your office chair. laugh.png

Got ten bottles one for each wheel on two chairs!

• Like 1