Hot And Sticky At Night ?

Totster

Bit hot and sticky at night.. no aircon... why don't you try my wife's method of keeping cool.

A cold water bottle.. yes that's right.. the complete opposite to a hot water bottle..

I woke up half way through the night ( well.. i was only dozing really ), the wife had got out of bed and was rummaging through the fridge.. great I thought, she's getting me a nice cold bottle of beer to cool me down. Anyway she returned to bed, minus the beer, led down and closed her eyes.

'What did you get from the fridge' I asked.. 'nothing' was the reply.

Ah well I thought, I'll just cuddle up... whats this she's got down her top.. a freezing cold bottle of water.. !! :o

totster :D

You can laugh lol,but it's true if you used a cold pack or( hot water bottle) with iced water on the back of your neck it will cool you down.

The best way to cool yourself down is to get a bowl a cold water, and put both wrists in it.

totster :o

You can laugh lol,but it's true if you used a cold pack or( hot water bottle) with iced water on the back of your neck it will cool you down.

The best way to cool yourself down is to get a bowl a cold water, and put both wrists in it.

But never put your hands in at the same time :o

I tried half orange juice, half beer mixed with a lot of ice so 0 degree or even a bit lower and than drink 1/2 liter as fast as you can do.

My stomach can do it in maybe 10-15 seconds. Than you take a quick cool shower and stay afterwards wet and naked in front of the fan.

That gives you 5 min of european winter feeling.

Made that 3 time in a line last week, after the 3rd time my stomach started to develope some strange pain and I had to stop.

But in total 15 min happines.

Alternative if you have a strong aircon, try to get arround 18 degree, take shower, wet and naked. Than drink 1 liter hot wine with herbs and sugar (common in many european countries in Winter), jump into your bed and you'll sleep like never before......

I caught a plane to London in November and came back in March.........gave me 4 months of European winter feeling. No thanks.

But saying that, we do have a walk-in deep freezer. Anybody can come and use it. 150 baht an hour.

Edited by lampard10

I did not had winter for ages......

is your deep freezer big enough for skiing?

I caught a plane to London in November and came back in March.........gave me 4 months of European winter feeling. No thanks.

But saying that, we do have a walk-in deep freezer. Anybody can come and use it. 150 baht an hour.

Or they could just go upstairs to where you have aircon ? :o

I've heard of a tactic of soaking the bed covers to coll down.

(With water. From a tap. It needed to be said.)

ah.. from a tap eh ?

i've tried it another way... and believe me it didn't help ! :D

Don't see why not since there would be only one in the bed after that. :D

I have aircon but it's always off when sleeping. Instead we just aim the free standing fan (500 to 800 baht at Big C depending on model) at the bed and always have a cool, comfortable sleep with dry sheets and pillows in the morning. Unless you really feel the need to add another thousand baht to your electricity bill every month, there's no need to keep the aircon on when you go to bed.

I have aircon but it's always off when sleeping. Instead we just aim the free standing fan (500 to 800 baht at Big C depending on model) at the bed and always have a cool, comfortable sleep with dry sheets and pillows in the morning. Unless you really feel the need to add another thousand baht to your electricity bill every month, there's no need to keep the aircon on when you go to bed.

All very well and good normally... but on one of those really hot and sticky nights the fan is just blowing hot, huimid air onto the body and is no help at all :D

my motherlanguage is not english so I have some problems understanding if I shall get it down on the skin on my neck, of if I can also use that tube (don't know the english name) which leds from my mouth to my stomach.

The second option would be more comfortable and would keep the sleeping room dry, as well less problems (not no problems but less) with my Mrs than pulling all the chang over me....

will test both options tonight :o

Get a gallon of *Chang* down yer neck. You won't give a sh1t whether it's warm or cold and you'll sleep like a log.

A ceiling fan keeps me cool. Desk top type fans never last long before they start clicking, whirring, rattling or making some other type of sleep depravational noise. :D

Top Tip. Don't forget to check the rotational direction of the ceiling fan blades. Don't be a soft tw@t and discover that after 4 years the fan was drawing air upwards instead of downwards.

:o

Edited by Gazza

we just aim the free standing fan (500 to 800 baht at Big C depending on model) at the bed
All very well and good normally... but on one of those really hot and sticky nights the fan is just blowing hot, huimid air onto the body and is no help at all :D

Hmmm, well I'm in Bangkok and it's late March. I think any night this past week might've qualified. That's not to say we never use aircon in the evening or before bed, so the combination of night time with no sun beating on the windows and an already moderately aircon cooled room has so far kept the overnights also cool.

Top Tip. Don't forget to check the rotational direction of the ceiling fan blades. Don't be a soft tw@t and discover that after 4 years the fan was drawing air upwards instead of downwards.

Speaking from experience, Gazza?

Bit hot and sticky at night.. no aircon... why don't you try my wife's method of keeping cool.

A cold water bottle.. yes that's right.. the complete opposite to a hot water bottle..

I woke up half way through the night ( well.. i was only dozing really ), the wife had got out of bed and was rummaging through the fridge.. great I thought, she's getting me a nice cold bottle of beer to cool me down. Anyway she returned to bed, minus the beer, led down and closed her eyes.

'What did you get from the fridge' I asked.. 'nothing' was the reply.

Ah well I thought, I'll just cuddle up... whats this she's got down her top.. a freezing cold bottle of water.. !! :o

Last summer in Bangkok, I got headache everyday because of the heat. I saw many Hotcold Packs from 3 M in my sister's freezer. I used it cold during the hot day and night. It was really good, to put on your head and face when the weather is soooooooo hot. Even Aircon cant help when it's turn to April and May in Thailand :D that is why I dont like to come to Thailand this time. Or taking cold shower and using baby powder to keep the sweat and sticky away. My dog loves icecube during this time too. :D