Hot And Sticky At Night ?

Totster

Forget the aircon, you will never acclimatise!

No wonder you guys moan a lot tongue.gif

I agree.

I don't have air-con, and after years here can sleep fine.

Have a hot cup of tea before bed.

Drink warm water in the afternoon helps too.

Open the windows and doors letting a breeze through.

Also having a sauna earlier in the night helps a lot.

Edited by Neeranam

I use a plant mister to spray myself with and sleep with a ceiling fan. No problems except for the first time I did it, our maid found the mister the next morning and looked at me in a very strange way! :D

Thats a good idea leisurely... thumbsup4kk.gif

BTW.. I also am not a fan of aircon.. I can't think of anything worse than going from cold to hot, hot to cold all day.. can't be good for you !? :o

totster :D

~

Decades ago in the southern US they had what they called "swamp coolers" that worked very well indeed and I purchased a clone last year at the Power Center in the Airport Plaza.

Basically a box that holds 3-4 liters of water and the fan drives air through a soaked filter. I am not a fan of aircon while sleeping if only because it sucks so much moisture out of my body and I usually awake with a sore throat and nasal pasages.

To drop the temp a few more degrees in the room, drop in a block of ice.

I love this thing! It is quieter, much easier on the electric bill and costs about 1/20th the cost of a decent aircon.

:o Liking the sound of that swamp thingy. Approx how many batty baht to buy one?

Trying this reply again... :D

Just found my paperwork on the unit; alter my above to read "1/10th the cost of a decent aircon".

Mine is a Fujitel and seems to be their "Ionizer Fan" model. Only 2950 baht and we like it very much. Three fan speeds, total control over airflow direction and it even sweeps if you want, a timer to have it shut off in 1, 2 or 4 hours, and you can select either cool (uses the water or ice) or plain fan.

this works for me...

get a towel, soak it in cool water, wring it out and place it flat on your chest & belly...

lie down and let the fan (gf or mechanical is better -- ;-) blow on it...

You will be very cool in no time at all and sleeping like a baby...

the evaporation of the water from the towel makes you very cool very fast...

enjoy,

dseawarrior

:o

You can laugh lol,but it's true if you used a cold pack or( hot water bottle) with iced water on the back of your neck it will cool you down.

The best way to cool yourself down is to get a bowl a cold water, and put both wrists in it.

It's only for brief relief but also the ancles (spelling) can be put in water to cool down. Or both wrists and ancles at the same time if you can manage it.

Forget the aircon, you will never acclimatise!

No wonder you guys moan a lot tongue.gif

I agree.

I don't have air-con, and after years here can sleep fine.

Have a hot cup of tea before bed.

Drink warm water in the afternoon helps too.

Open the windows and doors letting a breeze through.

Also having a sauna earlier in the night helps a lot.

Some people never acclimatise! I have lived in relatively cool climates (Ireland and UK) and still wake up bathe in sweat, always have done. If I didn't have air con in Thailand I just would not sleep! (even with a gallon of beer inside me :o )

:o

do you know this one for refresh the flower's (sprayer?) in small ??

hm..sorry ,my english... :D

but this one i use all day and when i wake up because too hot :D

a "nature aircon" ... in FAN - near... (i use CLEAN! water)

have a try :D

I use a plant mister to spray myself with and sleep with a ceiling fan. No problems except for the first time I did it, our maid found the mister the next morning and looked at me in a very strange way! :o

Try putting rubbing alcohol (not drinking alcohol Yorkie,so don't panic! :D ) in the mister.The cooling effect of the alcohol evaporating from your skin should cool you down a heap quicker than using water... :D

I tried half orange juice, half beer mixed with a lot of ice so 0 degree or even a bit lower and than drink 1/2 liter as fast as you can do.

My stomach can do it in maybe 10-15 seconds. Than you take a quick cool shower and stay afterwards wet and naked in front of the fan.

That gives you 5 min of european winter feeling.

Made that 3 time in a line last week, after the 3rd time my stomach started to develope some strange pain and I had to stop.

But in total 15 min happines.

Alternative if you have a strong aircon, try to get arround 18 degree, take shower, wet and naked. Than drink 1 liter hot wine with herbs and sugar (common in many european countries in Winter), jump into your bed and you'll sleep like never before......

OMG ROTFLMAO... off home to try this now! :o

BTW: Last time I was at Don Muang Airport, I went and had myself twenty odd beers at a little upstairs bar that has an outdoor terrace overlooking the highway and the city.... Colonel, you will PTP, but the had some fans with the moisturising spray and they were called

Win´s Cooling and moisturising fans.

Edited by kayo

Count yourselves lucky!!

I've still got my jim jams on and socks to ward of the cold.

Oh, to be hot and sweaty...

:D:D

I have a whole range of images in my head right now - some good, some not so good, some bad, and others wicked! :o

I use a plant mister to spray myself with and sleep with a ceiling fan. No problems except for the first time I did it, our maid found the mister the next morning and looked at me in a very strange way! :o

Try putting rubbing alcohol (not drinking alcohol Yorkie,so don't panic! :D ) in the mister.The cooling effect of the alcohol evaporating from your skin should cool you down a heap quicker than using water... :D

I put mouthwash on my skin. With the mentol it gets really cooling. It can burn a bit if applied inaccurately on sensitive parts but that has some aphrodisiac effect so it's not so bad afterall

Edited by Kupal

I advice one proved remedy - few drops of pure sandal wood oil. real one is bitter to taste. this stuff cools down body amazingly and fast ! and from inside. although can be applied externally - usually on head.

there are some other "cooling" natural oils and herbs and even normal common fruits - like as I recall cucumber (sold during hot season in India, Nepal, bangladesh), watermelon - I can't remember now what else.

in South India during hot season they drink buttermilk - easy to make and savoury, theiy add even some green chilies, coriander leaves. it is sold almost on every corner for 2 Rps for pack of 250-300ml. and made at home too. it's just a mixture of yougurt in particular proportion with watever and added some spices, pinch of salt etc.

Back during basic training in Texas, when it was sweltering in the barracks with no AC, we'd soak towels in cold water and lay them on our chest, it's all about heat rejection, just another variation but it worked, :o

The best way to cool yourself down is to get a bowl a cold water, and put both wrists in it.

Reminds me of the old party trick to make your mate piss himself. :D:D

Hmm... don't need no party trick ... :o

:o Liking the sound of that swamp thingy. Approx how many batty baht to buy one?

Trying this reply again... :D

Just found my paperwork on the unit; alter my above to read "1/10th the cost of a decent aircon".

Mine is a Fujitel and seems to be their "Ionizer Fan" model. Only 2950 baht and we like it very much. Three fan speeds, total control over airflow direction and it even sweeps if you want, a timer to have it shut off in 1, 2 or 4 hours, and you can select either cool (uses the water or ice) or plain fan.

Is it this one... ProPict188254840421.jpg

from here... http://www.fujitel.co.th/