Pattaya Jet Ski Operator Offers Partial Refund Of Money Taken From Indian Tourists

Rimmer

The guy in the long grey shirt is the same guy in the police photo. I shot the video of the fight, I dropped a copy of the video off at soi 9 an hour after it happened. They could of cared less! They knew about the fight when I gave them the Cd. This particular guy is #2 in the gang across from Mikes that rents there and as one can see in the video he starts kicking first when he realizes they won't pay.

I have to admit the scams are way down from a year ago, but I think this was one of those situations where they were seeing if they could get away with another one. This time of year it is dead slow here so they need to bring in revenue as they do have a large staff to pay.

Kudos to the med students for following up to at least getting some of the money back.

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the mandatory full insurance, that jet-ski renters are supposed to have to be allowed operating their business?

and what happened to Chalerms pledge to clean out the mafia and scams in 90 days?

The Godfather Of Chonburi told him Pattaya was off limits. ;-)

Edited by PoodMaiDai

Why don't the people who rent the jetskis make a video of it first and then if there is a problem they have evidence.

If the operator won't allow you to do it then walk away.

very risky taking a video or photo high chance you will be assaulted and your camera damaged i have seen it happen opposite mikes on a few occasions
Ask permission first, if they say no walk away. Works for me!

Why hasn't a bunch of expats set a few of these blokes up? Send in a dummy....let him hire a jet ski etc.....then lay in wait for the trouble to start and kick some butt?

Right and then they start pulling firearms
Watch big trouble in Thailand....a group of Royal Marines had a rifle pulled on them and their military police shore patrol. Crazy! The Thai scammer still got his money.

Edited by Chittychangchang

Why hasn't a bunch of expats set a few of these blokes up? Send in a dummy....let him hire a jet ski etc.....then lay in wait for the trouble to start and kick some butt?

Right and then they start pulling firearms
Watch big trouble in Thailand....a group of Royal Marines had a rifle pulled on them and their military police shore patrol. Crazy! The Thai scammer still got his money.

He brings a high-power sniper rifle to threaten people standing six feet away?

Just another inbred island petty mobster.

Why don't the people who rent the jetskis make a video of it first and then if there is a problem they have evidence.

If the operator won't allow you to do it then walk away.

I was on the beach and watched one of these scams take place before. Then a tourist came and sat down near me and he started talking to his wife about them renting a jet ski. He looked like a decent genuine guy, so when he called the jet ski operator over to ask how much, I told him to make sure the jet ski had no damage on it before he rented it, as they will try to rip you off when you bring it back. He thanked me for the heads up and took out his phone and took photos of the jet ski all over. They rented the jet ski, had a good time and never got a 30K baht bill after it.

Look out for each other.

That is not at all foolproof. They have tricks on cosmetically covering up "damage" they intend to charge riders with later.

Familiar faces one of these operators has been on the beach long time he is in other you tube clips where tourists have been assaultet others where extortion has be alledged,

Are you sure ? first impression is he looks like a pretty decent man not one of those blackburnt youngsters with mafia face. Pattaya has jetski operators that are OK, I would not be affraid at all to rent one just a matter of keeping your senses open.

With all the International media coverage on this scam. I am surprised that anyone still rents the Jet Ski's off these morons.

I am not surprised because there is no medicine against human stupidity.Even knowledge of the fact does not help

Familiar faces one of these operators has been on the beach long time he is in other you tube clips where tourists have been assaultet others where extortion has be alledged,

Are you sure ? first impression is he looks like a pretty decent man not one of those blackburnt youngsters with mafia face. Pattaya has jetski operators that are OK, I would not be affraid at all to rent one just a matter of keeping your senses open.

`have a look at the video on post 5 around the 3.43 mark

Hmmm this is Pattaya Jetski marketing department at work..... why a refund! The question was it set up or scam or an accident! Who accesses these and makes records...the jet sky operators....scam! The insurance..then they will have record of all the damages. or is it the police that do not keep any record anyway......nice brown suit johnnies that have some T-money. Try these scams with the Chinese and Russians and you will have not only a refund. It will help the operators to know what is fraud and thuggery! Go on you tube and see the scams for yourself - Pattaya Jet ski scams

What training do the police have in insurance payouts?

Get a jet ski insurance person to find out the cost. Better still, get the jet ski repaired at an acknowledged repairer and give the bill to the Indians.

Edited by Rimmer

What training do the police have in insurance payouts?

Get a jet ski insurance person to find out the cost. Better still, get the jet ski repaired at an acknowledged repairer and give the bill to the Indians.

Surely you're joking? Repaired? Acknowledged repairer?

You haven't been paying attention much, have you? There is no damage. Nothing to be repaired. it is a SCAM.

Or you really believe that these devices are so fragile that they require several $thousand in repairs every time they go out for 10 minutes?

42000 Baht would buy you a completely new jet ski hull here. How do some police look at some damage and deduce how much it would cost to fix? Why don't police get some quotes from shops about how much to fix it.

Actually, that is what tourists getting scammed should do.