Stray Cat Using My Garden Beds As Her Toilet

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cats are lovely creatures. Such a pity that they won't stay in their own home!

Cat owners, who let their animals roam, just don't care they are selfish people. Cats have and still do come into my garden, yes they scratch the car, do their business wherever they want, especially in any pile of sand that you have for building work and their pee stinks.

What a ...kin pain they are.

I understand that 'a plate of sticky' with a piece of grilled chicken in the middle can suggest to the cat not to visit again. Worked for my wife's sister.

I'll report back ..........................

not wanting to hijack the threat, but this headline put into my mind how many stray taxi drivers use all of Bangkok as their toilet. I see them peeing everywhere on the sides of the street!

They should use their own car toilets!! Oh no, they don't have toilets!

not wanting to hijack the threat, but this headline put into my mind how many stray taxi drivers use all of Bangkok as their toilet. I see them peeing everywhere on the sides of the street!

They should use their own car toilets!! Oh no, they don't have toilets!

I have three toilets in my house BUT the outside wall seems to fit as perfect for most visitors, sad.png unfortunately.

Edited by transam
  • Like 1

My aunt used to hang small plastic bottles filled with water in her garden. Don't know if it works but apparently since cats don't like water they dont go near.

Just a idea.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A popular method here in Japan involves filling empty 1 liter clear plastic beverage bottles with water and placing them around "protected" areas. Though, I have my doubts about this method's efficacy.

Always wondered what those were for - now I know !!!

My cat gets on a van to get higher to the roof where it can attack geckos. Inevitably it will forget its on a van roof and goes skidding down the windscreen and uses the wipers as brakes, to slow down, before it regains composure and jumps off.

No need to watch Tom & Jerry with her in action!

One of our other cats actually fell off next doors roof the other day in the pursuit of a squirrel. We thought it was a mango until we remembered mangoes aren't white !!!

• Like 1

Well, at least the cat is shitting in the flower beds, not on your doorstep or on the path, or even on the lawn.

Yes, not doorsteps, paths, terraces etc, but in addition to using flowerbeds they also use the lawns, it is a messy nuisance.

In order to avoid this messy nuisance the cat owners should provide for the cats "metal litter trays" cats like the usage of litter trays, as a result the neighbour's will not have those messy problems in their garden.

The litter trays must of course be emptied cleaned and refilled with litter otherwise the cats will visit the neighbours gardens again in order to relieve themselves.

Edited by personchester

I have a very small vegie patch and made the same as a hen run covered in chicken wire, then the cat buggered off, it is a real drag and I really wanted to harm it, perhaps you like to travel as we do so a dog is out of the question hope someone comes up with a good idea.

Here's my world famous secret. Normally this info is sold for more than $100 but for you today it's free. Its very simple to solve. I have many nice plants in pots around my townhouse garden and from the first day I moved in I was greeted with an awful odor every morning by neighbor cats. I had put nice looking sand in the planters but that was something that really attracted the cats. Here's the secret !! collect as many of those spikes that the thai food comes on from various food you get at the market and stick them pointy side up all round your planter in every plant. I had about 100 or so around the kitchen saved and it worked so well on the first day and to this day after more than a year. I replenish the spikes frequently because they break sometimes. It doesn't make a cat feel any better squatting on them than you woiuld feel sitting down on spikes of cactus to read your morning paper. Guaranteed to work!! Doesn't harm the cat! My local cats were a little p.o'd at first then to punish me they pooped just outside myu gate for a couple weeks but now they have moved on to greener pastures and I have the fresh smell of jasmine and gardenia every morning! Hope this helps!!

do you mean wooden skewers???

Couple suggestions:

- keep the dirt wet. Cats don't like walking on wet grass or digging in wet soil.

- cover dirt areas with riverbed size rocks so they can't dig.

- lay chicken wire over areas they use. Don't like walking on it.

- feed them as others have suggested. In general, they don't poop where they eat.

- Have some kids, they don't like the noise children make.

- get your own cat and teach it to use a litter box and get it fixed. Won't stray and it won't poop in the garden and will keep other cats away.

My aunt used to hang small plastic bottles filled with water in her garden. Don't know if it works but apparently since cats don't like water they dont go near.

Just a idea.

A popular method here in Japan involves filling empty 1 liter clear plastic beverage bottles with water and placing them around "protected" areas. Though, I have my doubts about this method's efficacy.

Just a idea.

Tried it. Only stops them from crapping in the spots under the containers

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't thought about the car & cat issue yet. But they sure have trashed my motorbike cover. Guess i really p.o'd 'em. Maybe something slick so they slide off the roof of the car would work. I just don't clean my truck often unless I'm making a trip so it's not been a issue and they don't poo on it. clap2.gif so far at least w00t.gif

I don't understand why this would be a particularly negative thing to have happen.

When I think of the garden, I think of it as needing fertilizer.

Also that cat might keep the rodents at bay.

And maybe some snakes, too.

Cat pop is not fertilizer. It can contain infectious diseases that can be transmitted to humans.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Right on, farangme. Cat pop??? <deleted>? Is that a new fizzy drink from the CAT conglomerate/conspiracy/crystal blue? Maybe a consumer product from the fine folks at MadriIgal GMBH? I suspect the late (and sadly missed) Gus Fring is somehow involved in this catflagration.

He's dead now so we can blame him for all the cats shitting in the yards. Like I really care coffee1.gif

Edited by Jesus Malverde

Thanks to all who replied............just an update...

Tried water bottles, moth balls, cayenne pepper. Even placed dog poo in the areas. Nothing has worked so far!

The cat never comes around when I am around. Very stealthy cat. Does her job at night. So unable to use water sprays on it. It shies away from the cayenne peppered areas and finds new spots. I tried lightly burying mesh around a few areas and the cat didn't use the areas. This is not, however, a practical solution. It even used the pot that has an old Bouganvillea growing in it!

In summary, quite frustrated with the situation, and no solution yet. angry.png

I'm sorry but you seem to be over exagerating this.

There is one cat who poops in your garden. Have you seen the size of a daily cat poop? Tiny little thing.

Is there a big forest nearby? Perhaps you've got the local tiger poopulation coming over.....

Why don't you rig up one of those motion senor cameras and take a few photos so both you and we can see what kind of animal you are actually dealing with.

Perhaps you only think you have a cat when you might have some other sort of creature, maybe even one of your neighbors.

You say this takes place at night and is very stealthy.

But yet, you say you are positive the species of animal.

Let us be the judge when you photograph it.

Then, after you already have your motion detector installed for the camera, we can decide what kind of instrument, such as a Jack-In-The-Box, might be most useful to hook up to solve your problem.