Wp In Another Province / New Passport

Posting for a friend (hence my other post about ext).

- Work permit and visa ext obtained in CM where company hq is.

- Living in Phuket

- New Passport from foreign embassy just issued but of course the WP/VIsa/Ext in old passport

really really really do not want to do a trip to CM to transfer.

is it possible to go to Labour in PHuket and Immigration in Phuket to simply get the stamp of transfer? or whatever?

Thanking you in advance!

Mister man and I can't be the only ones!

I moved from Pattaya to Bangkok in December.

I had my 90 day done in BKK twice in the last half year. During that time my US Passport expired and was replaced with a new one and the Embassy letter asking to put new visa stamps in the new passport.

BKK Immigration refused and said only JOMTIEN Immigration could do it because I lived in Pattaya last year when I did my retirement visa. Even though I did two 90 day check ins and showed my new BKK lease.

I have the same problem as above poster. Anyone know a solution other than traveling province to province.

Edited by IAMSOBAD
  • Like 1

You will have to go to Chiang Mai unless you can change work location to Phuket if company has an office/business there.

You are working illegally unless your work permit shows Phuket as your place of work.

Mister man and I can't be the only ones! I moved from Pattaya to Bangkok in December. I had my 90 day done in BKK twice in the last half year. During that time my US Passport expired and was replaced with a new one and the Embassy letter asking to put new visa stamps in the new passport. BKK Immigration refused and said only JOMTIEN Immigration could do it because I lived in Pattaya last year when I did my retirement visa. Even though I did two 90 day check ins and showed my new BKK lease. I have the same problem as above poster. Anyone know a solution other than traveling province to province.

You don't have the same problem as OP.

You should be able to it in Bangkok if you can show proof of address there and file a

at immigration.

Edited by ubonjoe

If you are now living in Phuket, I would go to immigraation and file a TM 28 form showing change of address and then try to get your extension transferred to the new passport. As far as your WP , if you are in Phuket how are you still working in CM?

Mister man and I can't be the only ones! I moved from Pattaya to Bangkok in December. I had my 90 day done in BKK twice in the last half year. During that time my US Passport expired and was replaced with a new one and the Embassy letter asking to put new visa stamps in the new passport. BKK Immigration refused and said only JOMTIEN Immigration could do it because I lived in Pattaya last year when I did my retirement visa. Even though I did two 90 day check ins and showed my new BKK lease. I have the same problem as above poster. Anyone know a solution other than traveling province to province.

What you have been told by BKK immigration is 100% correct, further the 90 day report thing has nothing to do with your visa status so whether you have done 90 reports or not in BKK is completely irrelvant.

The various offices will not mess with other offices stamps

The solution is very simple, cancel/transfer your existing Jomtiem issued permission to stay to BKK, you need to do this, immigration will not do it for you.

To answer the OP's question....he will be making a visit to CM...wink.png

is it possible to go to Labour in PHuket and Immigration in Phuket to simply get the stamp of transfer? or whatever?

Most likely not...Phuket immigration/DOL will not mess with stamps issued in CM

Hmm interesting as some "lawyer" whistling.gif offices has said they can do this.

Thank you for the information.

Think it is time for a visit to the air asia website. bah.gif

It may well be that they can do it by sending your passport to Chiang Mai and having the stamp transfer done without requiring your presence there.

• Like 1

Hmm interesting as some "lawyer" whistling.gif offices has said they can do this.

It may well be that they can do it by sending your passport to Chiang Mai and having the stamp transfer done without requiring your presence there.

one suspects using a proxy for renewal at in CM would be ok, but transferring woudl be whole other game me thinks

one suspects using a proxy for renewal at in CM would be ok, but transferring woudl be whole other game me thinks

Transferring extension stamps is a routine procedure. I've done it several times as have my expat staff. Our immigration agent/lawyer takes care of it and we are never required to be there in person.

Transferring stamps is not allowed according to BKK from old Passport to new Passport... IF the old stamp was done in Jomtien. Imagine immigration in San Francisco making a person go to New York to transfer a stamp. Just makes no sense whatsoever! I was told I must travel to Pattaya just to transfer a stamp, even though I have already shown my BKK lease...and done 2 90 day check ins.

..and shown the Embassy letter asking for stamps.

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Transferring extension stamps is a routine procedure. I've done it several times as have my expat staff. Our immigration agent/lawyer takes care of it and we are never required to be there in person.

Thats transfering stamps with the same immigration office you had your orginal stamps from and using a proxy is not problem but the OP wants to change immigration offices as well....

• Like 1

Transferring stamps is not allowed according to BKK from old Passport to new Passport... IF the old stamp was done in Jomtien. Imagine immigration in San Francisco making a person go to New York to transfer a stamp. Just makes no sense whatsoever! I was told I must travel to Pattaya just to transfer a stamp, even though I have already shown my BKK lease...and done 2 90 day check ins. ..and shown the Embassy letter asking for stamps.

Why do you keep bringing the 90 day report into this ?......it has nothing to do with this...just because you can do 90 day reports at a different office doesnt infer they will transfer your visa stamps to a new PP, your lease only proves your new address for the 90 day report.

If you want to do all your stuff in BKK, then cancel your extension at Jontiem and re-apply in BKK its that simple

What you have been told is 100% correct, not a scam, not making your life hard....and what is the relevance of immigration in SF making someone go to NY ?...neither of these places are in Thailand the last time I looked

My WP/extension is issued in BKK, but I do my 90 day reports in Maptuphut with no problem, but when I received a new PP, I had to do this in BKK, Maptuphut wouldnt touch it, and this came from the headman at Maptuphut, they will not mess with stamps issued from other offices.